Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted via email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was with my manager, not an HR representative. The phone interview was informal and mostly consisted of the interviewer telling me more details about the position. The in person interview lasted from about 9am to 2pm. I was interviewed by about 5 different people. Most of the interview questions were about my analytical background, nothing too difficult

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. Mostly what I would do in a certain situation related to the position I was applying to.   Answer Question

Portsmouth, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – Worked there as a summer intern. Got an interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions. Were keen to see if I was willing to travel.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you have demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Fairfield, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online 8/2 for an Analyst position. I received a call on 8/16 to from a HR recruiter asking to set a telephone interview date/time for the Analyst position. She did call at the agreed time and began the interview with a review of the position, an overview of their current issues and why my experience was of interest to her. I was asked to provide detailed examples of how I would be able to help their process, given the examples of their current issues. I was asked to describe my methods for gathering requirements. I was asked specifically about my experience in a more senior role in other organizations and if I would be wanting to leave the position after a couple of years. I felt she was making reference to being overqualified. I gave assurance that I found the position challenging. At the end of the interview and she told me I would be referred to the hiring manager for an onsite interview. Two days later, I recieve a non selection, form letter email.

Interview Question – How are the business analyst and project manager roles different?   View Answer

Boston, MA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2010.

Interview Details – a phone interview on background skills/ followed by onsite interview with 6 people.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding analytical thinking ( like giving a business case and analyzing it)   Answer Question
  • SAS programming questions on SQL, merges, macros etc   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was initially recruited by an HR Representative who found my resume off of Monster. I went through a phone interview first, then 2 different 2 on 1 interviews. My 3rd interview was with an AVP. I then had one final phone, and received an offer approximately 1 week later.

Interview Question – How are you aligned with our core values?   View Answer

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!