Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Sep 17, 2014

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Contacted by HR within a week to complete phone interview. A few behavioral questions were asked and the reason why I applied for the position. What did I know about the company. Was offered a face to face interview. Went on site and met with two managers. Again a few behavior questions were asked, went over work experience. The managers seemed to be interested in my candidacy. Completed an assessment on site. I initially completed the interview in July. After several attempts via phone and email, to this day, no response from HR advising the status of the position or my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Time where you have dealt with a very difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Agency Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

recruiter phone interview, interview with regional managers and marketing staff

Auto Claims Representative- Duluth Georgia Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

I applied for the position at the end of the month, and was contacted via e-mail Tuesday April 1, 2014 for a phone interview. Thursday April 3, 2014 I was contacted promptly for the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • She began by asking "Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?" She further went into "Why do you want to leave your current employer?" Those were the standard questions to decipher whether or not you were just looking to jump on the first job you apply for. There were only two behavioral questions.

1. Give an example where you went above and beyond to help a client?
      2. Tell me about a time when you delivered bad news.
        Answer Question

Commercial Insurance - Claims Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

I applied to this position through my university career center's online system and the company's external application. The company's external application involved an IQ and behavioral questionnaire which was extremely long. I was contacted via e-mail within 3 weeks with a request for a phone interview. This interview was nothing out of the ordinary and relatively easy. It involved the usual questions (i.e. Why do you want to work for us? Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a disagreement with a coworker.) About 3 weeks later I was contacted by HR to schedule an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with two managers. The initial questions were run-of-the-mill behavioral questions, but as the interview went on, the questions got progressively more specific and difficult. The whole process ended up lasting well over 45 minutes, and would have been longer except for the fact that some of the questions on their list were answered by some of the answers I gave for other questions. I have had a handful of interviews in the past and I can definitively say that this was by far the most difficult interview I have ever had in my life; no other interview even came close. Toward the end of the interview I was asked very light-hearted and fun questions and given a long time to ask my own questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you had to change your tone and attitude in dealing with multiple people from different backgrounds.   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

I applied online with Liberty Mutual in November, 2013. I received a phone call from the HR recruiter approximately 1 month later. We scheduled a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. The recruiter advised it would be approximately 2 weeks before I heard anything about moving forward. I received a call 2 days later to schedule an in person interview. The hiring manager I was scheduled to interview with was not present, so I interviewed with someone else instead. The interview took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer informed me that he would be going down a list of behavioral questions and would be taking notes while I was responding.   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied for a position there after working for the company a couple of years. My latest position was eliminated. Unfortunately, my resume was rejected even though I am a former employee that left the company in good standing.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwanee, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2013.

Replied to an ad on LinkedIn for an open house-style interview. I applied and was then asked to complete their online personality assessment. The recruiter contacted me and sent me the info for the information session. I was contacted again prior to the session to set up a phone interview for the day after the session. Altogether there were about 10 of us there who were interviewing, along with two senior branch managers and a recruiter from North Carolina. We were shown a powerpoint presentation with information about the job and the company and then allowed to ask questions. The branch managers were very friendly and had a great sense of humor. I felt very comfortable and excited to interview. Next, everyone was called back individually for a mini-interview to go over your resume and qualifications and to ask any other questions. The recruiter was very sweet and down to earth. I had a phone interview with her the next day where she asked more specific questions about my background an went over any questions I had. I was sent an email the following week saying the position had been filled.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

A recruiter calls you for a quick intereview, then you go in for a formal interview. Recruiters reall are not specialized in recruiting. This is to keep HR from performing the job.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to return to the company since your previous position was eliminated?   Answer Question

Inside Property Loss Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2011.

Interviewed by a supervisor that clearly did not know what she was doing, given false information about the number of systems that they work out of. Interview was VERY unprofessional, unstructured and seemed off the cuff, not well planned out at all. It was the easiest interview I have ever had, I expected so much more from Safeco/Liberty Mutual.

Interview Questions
    • Had another supervisor on her Blackberry speaker that did not have any questions for me, but did not hesitate to giggle a lot.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was told what my salary would be and that was that.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2011.

I was expecting it to be a one-on-one interview, but I was taken to a conference room where three managers took turns asking me questions. It wasn't bad though.. they were all very nice and the questions weren't too difficult. It actually made me less nervous with more people there, because they were all very warm and easy to talk with.

After some behavioral questions and a few questions about my past employment, I was given a skills test to complete within 25 minutes. It was a situation in which I had to write a response fax to a customer that was inquiring about their claim. I also had to create a list of the items/info that I think I would need to gather to successfully complete the customer's auto claim.. like a police report, body shop estimates, etc.

After this, I was taken to meet the manager that was above the managers I'd previously interviewed with. He asked me a few questions, mostly conversational, for a little while. Then he took me to the manager of the whole facility. He also talked to me for a bit.

After the interviews, I was placed with a rep to listen to some of the calls and see the system that I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were working on a project and something unexpected came up that needed to be dealt with immediately. How did you handle it? How did you set your priorities?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team. What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't even attempt to negotiate because others on this site have said that they didn't have luck with it. Their offer was more than what I had in mind, anyway!