Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Nov 21, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bodily Injury Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I actually went to the open house for claim positions where they actually did on the spot meet & greets with team managers. A few days after applying I received an email grom the recruiter for a face to face interview that following week. Most people get phone interviews but having been to the open house was a substitute for the phone interview. The 1st interview was about 45 mins and was a series of scenario questions. They are looking for a specific instance for each scenario and expect pretty in depth answers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to deliver bad news. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
  • How would you handle conflict with a peer in the workplace?   Answer Question
  • Why are you leaving your current employer? How long would it take for you to make a contribution to Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
No negotiation. They asked what salary I was comfortable with and gave me just that. The salary is extremely fair with benefits, bonuses, and advancement opportunities.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist Interview

The interview was basically behvioral based. Tell me about a time, yadda, yadda, yadda. The managers who interviewed me laid back and made me feel very comfortable. During the interview they asked me a techical insurance term, which was different because I never completed an interview where they actually tested my knowledge on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Initial contact was via telephone interview a few weeks after I applied. It was pretty brief, very general questions. Next they asked me to come in for an in person interview. I took a written "exam" that took about 20-30 minutes (situational set up and questions). Once that was done, the interviewer asked me a variety of behavioral based types of questions for about 30 minutes to an hour. Then he walked me around the office a little bit before telling me someone would call me. About 15 minutes later, they called me again to see if I could meet with another individual in the department so I drove back. After waiting for 10 minutes or so in a conference room, the second meeting lasted about 15 minutes and I was told someone would be in touch. It took about a month after that before they made their decision.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the behavioral questions were difficult to answer immediately.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

I applied online with Liberty Mutual in November, 2013. I received a phone call from the HR recruiter approximately 1 month later. We scheduled a phone interview which took about 30 minutes. The recruiter advised it would be approximately 2 weeks before I heard anything about moving forward. I received a call 2 days later to schedule an in person interview. The hiring manager I was scheduled to interview with was not present, so I interviewed with someone else instead. The interview took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer informed me that he would be going down a list of behavioral questions and would be taking notes while I was responding.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wallingford, CT

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I got contacted by an HR recruiting asking if I was interested in the job. I said yes and we set up an in office interview. The first interview was held with two managers. After the interview I sat down with a claims specialist for about 10 minutes to see what the job was all about. After this I left and later that day they contacted me wanting to schedule a second interview. The second round interview consisted of two senior level managers who had been with the company for a while. They posed much harder questions than the first round. Overall, pretty good experience, I just realized I wasn't interested in the job so didn't show much enthusiasm.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you've exhibited leadership skills   Answer Question