Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.1

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

All-day session with written case, verbal case, behavioral interviews, and an introductory information session. Candidates were also given the opportunity to speak to their potential teammates, which was a huge plus. There were roughly a dozen or so candidates in my class of which a third or so received offers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? What's adverse selection?   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied through a prior leadership event so the interview was an extension of the program. I had to apply for the program through an online data base, as a first round. Then they contacted me to do a follow up phone call. That consisted of basic questions such as why this major, what has your favorite class been so far and why, and so on. It was a 30 min interview. The conference was conducted by many of their senior campus recruiters so it was almost like a 3 day interview before the interview. Following the conference the interview was three 50 minute sessions, prior it had been five, each varied in style more person what do you know about the field/why do you want to do this work, behavioral, and semi situation.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took roughly 3 1/2 weeks. First there was an HR screening that was essentially a first round. I was asked basic character questions and why do I want to work at liberty. The second round was with the hiring manager and Manager. I met with both separately for 45 minutes apiece. They asked standard star questions. For the third round I met the assistant controller. All three asked similar STAR based questions. Be prepared to convey specific knowledge and experience similar to the responsibilities of the open position.

Interview Questions

• - Why Liberty Mutual - Strengths v weaknesses - Describe a time you work in teams/group environment? - How do you handle pressure - Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Internal Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I had a very positive interview experience at Liberty Mutual. The interviewer was very informative and provide a full download of the role. Conversation flowed freely and the interviewer asked insightful questions. I did not end up getting the role but I appreciated the interview experience and the positive environment when I walked in the door.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward behavioral interview process. I was notified that I needed to complete an assessment shortly after. After completing the assessment I was notified that I was invited for an additional in person interview. From the in person interview, it was another behavioral interview and then offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time where you faced adversity in work?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

very formal. the guy at the company was very passionate about his job, it was easy to see he was seeking a similar passion. be sure to pitch your best sales effort

Interview Questions

• very general, went through my resume   1 Answer

very nice interviewer

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was an HR screening. I applied online and within a week i received an email asking to set up a time to talk with HR. The questions were straight forward, just be sure to know your resume inide-out. I am still waiting to hear if I will proceed into the next round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Liberty Mutual? 2. Walk me through your resume. 3. Tell me about a time you dealt with stress/difficult situation in the workplace.   Answer Question

Marketing Analytics Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process seems slow and drawn out. Very slow response or no response from changing HR contacts. HR says great things about the benefits of working LM. I've talked with other co-workers who LM HR has communicated with, same message about good salary and benefits and very very very slow HR process. I only had multiple phone interviews for 2 different jobs at LM. Liberty Mutual is a tease and be on a rolling admission process so that will take likely months. Apply to other jobs while interviewing with LM.

Business Analyst and Developer Interview

Application

Interview

Some technical questions, but mostly STAR-method behavioral questions. Didn't really need to prepare, just needed to know how employers expect interview questions to be answered. Felt comfortable during the interview, despite the interviewer writing down all of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a tight deadline   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied online to attend a Leadership Conference in Boston, MA from June 21-June 23. I had a phone interview with a kind HR person who told me at the end of the phone interview that I seemed to be a good fit to attend and that I'd get an offer to attend the conference in a couple weeks. I accepted the offer and I went to Boston that June. They paid for everything (my flight from Los Angeles, CA, food, hotel, taxi from airport to hotel, etc.). On June 23 at the end of the conference I had an interview for a internship position at Liberty for the Analyst Development Program in Boston, MA for the summer of 2016. It was pretty difficult, consisting of one 45 minute case interview where I had to solve analytical programs in front of two interviewers, and two 45 minute behavioral interviews where I answered situation questions about myself. The whole thing was 2 hours and 15 minutes. I got my acceptance for the internship program in mid-July.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you defied authority while getting a project done because you disagreed with what they wanted you to do or how they wanted you to complete the project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond your typical responsibilities for a job or project and how did it turn out.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to learn a new skill set or programming language to complete a project.   Answer Question