Liberty Mutual Insurance

149 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Phone screen with rep from Florida hiring for a position in Ma. Behavioral a questions and review of work history and experience. Recvd a call for interview a week later. Keep in mind I was a previous employee. I had a 2 -hr interview with 4 managers . all behavioral questions. A week later I saw on liberty mutuals hr profile my app was withdrawn. I called the recruiter to ask why would that status change with out my actual knowledge ... Instead of a call back ...they responded with am email they are not considering me for the position which was strange in the way the series of events played out.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

The interview process was very long. I had applied for one position and within a few days I was contacted to do an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. This was about 30 minutes. After this the HR recruiter passed me off to a scheduling assistant who scheduled me for a two hour panel style interview. When I arrived for the panel style interview only one of the people who was supposed to be there was and another unexpected person. This took the entire duration. After this it took a few weeks to get a response and unfortunately the response was that the requirement was taken from that particular hiring manager. I was then referred to another similar role. From here I was again passed to the scheduling assistant who scheduled me for two hours worth of half hour in person marathon interviews. After this I was contacted by the HR recruiter and within a couple weeks I was scheduled for a second marathon round of 4 interviews. In the end I unfortunately didn't get the job. This was obviously a disappointment but even more so because I had invested so much time into the interview process. All in all I would say the interview process lasted over two months.

Senior Business Consultant (MBA Corporate Development Program) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The interview process is fairly succinct but well organized. A behavioral interview, a "case" interview (but not like a consulting firm case interview) and an executive interview. The executive interview is more of a rubber stamp in the job offer process; however, the Corporate Development Program is actually very high-touch with senior leaders in the company (the executive interview is not just a show to try to get you in the door) so represent yourself well.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was a 90-min prep session alone with a packet of about 20 pages of information to process and brief recommendations on to two interviewers. Basic MBA knowledge is needed for the level of information, nothing more. Consulting firm-style case interview skills won't be useful. The case is nothing crazy, but designed as a pressure situation to see who can analyze date, organize a coherent line of thought, and communicate that effectively in the time given. It is a fair barometer and if you find the situation difficult, then you probably don't belong in the program. If you enjoy it, then sign up. It's similar to what you'll be doing for two years.   Answer Question
    Great offer/benefits out of the gate. Some parts (e.g., benefits/time off) are part of corporate policy, so there's not much flexibility.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Only had a phone interview. They asked about my sales experience and I had just gotten out of college so that experience was limited. Times I've talked to customers etc/ helped them with problems. I thought they would be more aware of my minimal experience in sales from my resume and the fact that I'd completed school in three years so I had minimal time to get experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sales experience you've had and when you had to persuade a customer?   Answer Question

Project Leader - Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Thorough and lengthy process. It took a total of 7 weeks from the initial phone screen with the recruiter to verbal job offer. There were 3 separate on-site visits; all one-on-one interviews with the hiring manager, HR generalist and 4 VPs. Liberty Mutual follows the STAR format for interviews with no trick questions. The dialogue exchange Is meant to see how your skills relate to the position and if there is a cultural and personality fit. Research the company and position and make sure you have quality questions prepared. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly.

The job offer is contingent on passing a background and reference check, which they initiate once you verbally accept. On-boarding and benefits enrollment are done online while that process is taking place.

Interview Questions
    Liberty Mutual posts all their open positions along with the salary range online. There is no second guessing the compensation piece. Where you fall within that range depends on your experience. I was able to discuss this with them and managed to increase the number slightly from their original offer.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Financial Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

On campus interview followed by a group interview at the HQ. The entire process was very smooth and every person I interacted with was down to earth and informative. The one on one interviews were all between one half hour and forty-five minutes long. Mostly included questions about real life behavioral situations and your actions taken in them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult workplace problem you encountered, how you approached it, and the results?   Answer Question
    No negotiation but the offer was for the high end of the range.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The recruiters at this company are really bad, and will toss your resume into the trash unless you are from a top tier school. They also will turn over every few months, so you will most likely never talk to the same person if you interview for multiple positions. As far as interviews, you are better off having a friend that works there and walks your resume to a hiring manager to get you in for a face to face interview. Also, the process for some positions can take many months, so don't hold your breath. If you can make it to the final round, they may not even contact you to tell you they went with someone else. It is up to you to follow up with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Very standard interview questions - they use a booklet and if you are in there meeting with multiple people, they will coordinate who asks which question. Nothing out of the ordinary except one manager asked what I would do in a difficult situation, and tried to explain an answer with problem solving and resolution techniques, and they kept harping on it saying "well, what if they just won't listen or aren't open to hear?" Just be prepared what to say then...   Answer Question
    They were open to negotiation even with a strong offer. I was surprised I got more, I would have accepted the initial offer. They can definitely flex with the right person as long as the salary is within the "grade level". You won't lose the offer if you push for more (whether or not you get it).

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied on company's website. There is an IQ test pretty much that is required and takes around 45-50 minutes to complete. Have a pencil and paper ready. I heard back within a week and was e-mailed asking for my college transcript and to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and was full of generic behavioral questions, and they asked about things on my resume.

I was contacted after the interview asking for an on-site interview in Dover, NH. It was with a Director and an Assistant Director at the same time. They asked questions about my resume and wanted specific examples of projects I had worked on, etc. This interview was less of the BS behavioral questions and more of "do you sound like you know what you're doing?" I threw around as many big words as I could think of and I was offered the internship about two weeks after that.

Once you get an offer, they do a pretty intense background check. Make sure you talk to all your former employers and warn them (if necessary) because the WILL call them if you list them.

Interview Questions
    • Can you provide a specific example of a project you've worked on using SAS?   Answer Question