Liberty Mutual Insurance Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.8

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I got a call from HR Campus Recruiter to set up a phone interview. Went over behavioral questions as well as interests in school. Also asked questions about my resume, past experiences. 2 weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview with the hiring managers. This interview was more relaxed, on the side of get to you know, do you fit here. About 3-4 days later I got a call from the campus recruiter offering me the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

It took a couple weeks after the initial HR phone screen, I was scheduled for a phone interview with a director from NH followed by 2 onsite interviews at the Seattle office. The actual interviews were average, there seems to be worksheet HR wants managers to go from with standard behavioral questions. Each interview was to be 45 minutes long. The second interview, the manager states that 45 minutes wasn't long enough and kept me there for an hour and a half. Was also asked to put together a puzzle out of wooden pieces to a specified shape on a sheet provided. And then kept asking me interview questions while trying to make the pieces go together. Since the hiring manager was out the east coast the managers at the Seattle office didn't know the next steps. A week after the interview, I checked in with the HR recruiter and was told I was a top contender and was just waiting to hear back from the manager. After waiting over another 2 week sent another email for a check in on status. Was then told the position has been filled which was fair but I don't think I would have ever been notified had I not followed up with the recruiter. I really find it inconsiderate of a company to not value candidates and provide an update even if it's not good news. I was really disappointed in Liberty Mutual and their lack of follow up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

Fairly straight forward as expected. First interview was a 1:1 followed by additional interviews with senior management. First interview was more about seeing whether I was a fit for the position based on my future career endeavors. The following interviews were more focused on scenarios and role specifics to confirm I'd be able to do the job and fit into the office culture.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with someone you worked with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in April 2013.

Interview

1st round was a phone interview with a recruiter, all pretty basic questions like, "Why do you want this position? or "Talk about your leadership experience?" A week after, I received a phone call from HR telling me that they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview ended up being three interviews with three different hiring managers. A lot of the questions the questions started "tell me about a time..." but nothing out of the ordinary. After the weekend, I got another phone call telling me that I have received the offer and I accepted. They will send me the paperwork as soon as they do a background check.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either behavioral or about my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, money was good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

Three or four in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Descrbe a time when youhad a problem and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

straight forward

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

I guess my interview with Liberty Mutual was a pleasant experience. Had a phone interview first with one of the recruiter over the phone for about 15 minutes. A week later, I got an email from another recruiter to schedule an onsite interview with two other people. The interview was an about 1 hour and 1/2 at the boston location. I was interviewed by one of the business system analyst there, which she said that she was supposed to ask me questions for 45 minutes. Interview questions were what she came up during the interview and were basic. After that, I went to interview with the project manager. She asked basic behavorial questions. Unfortunately, I didn't get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied via the Company website and was contacted by the HR Recruiter. She indicated that she normally would perform a pre-screening interview with the typical behavioral questions but was unable to because she was going on vacation and wanted to get me in front of the hiring manager. Management at the location was extremely positive and seemed interested in me as a potential employee. Second interview was arranged with the next level of management and I was equally pleased with the interview style and atmosphere. Ultimately, I was not offered the job but would consider them a possibility in the future if the need arises.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with a team member who could be considered difficult to work with?   Answer Question
    • Describe a project where you were faced with the potential of not completing it based on the established deadline and how did you deal with the issue?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2010.

Interview

Liberty has recruiters, so you have to make it past a phone screen before any type of interview. Interview process is extremely standard; questions like "how did you deal with a difficult group member?" "how did you deliver bad news?" "tell me about a project you worked on." "what was your last job like?" "why do you want this job?" "why do you want to work for this company?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview followed by 1:1 and group interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a serious disagreement with your manager?   Answer Question