Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 2, 2015

3.1

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

I applied online through my university/the company website and was selected for a phone interview a few weeks later. I was lucky enough to have this amazing recruiter, Tiffany, would connected with me right away. We had a productive conversation about my background and one or two behavioral questions. I was invited for an in-person interview (which at the time I was applying for an underwriting position) which went really well, but they decided to go with an internal hire. I was really impressed with the HR department, though, because they recognized that I could be a good fit somewhere else in the company. Tiffany, who again was amazing, referred me to a business analyst position where I received an offer after a skype interview. Overall, my experience was great.

My advice is to very personable. I did not have a noteworthy internship after my junior year which was a disadvantage when applying to most jobs. However, if you can come of as a genuine, kind, respectable, and knowledgeable young adult the recruiters can overlook a lack of experience.

Also know something about the insurance industry. Not just about Liberty Mutual, but also the issues relevant to the industry as a whole. E.g. the underwriting process, underwriters vs. field sales, how high sales can lead to low profit, types of insurance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward questions. Be able to walk through your resume with ease. Know something about insurance, types of insurance, and how it works. Also, you'll probably be asked why you want to work in insurance and you should have a good answer. A few "describe a time when..." Nothing technical or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Originally spoke to Liberty Mutual through my school's career fair. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Received a phone call a few days later to come in for a in office interview. Process took about three hours. Had a presentation with a group of candidates then broke off and did two individual interviews followed by a short exam.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was just behavior type question, "tell me about a time when...." After that I was scheduled another phone interview with a hiring manager at their corporate office in Boston. More behavioral questions. Finally I interviewed with 3 different people in the Chicago office. These interviews were much more casual and conversational. They asked me a little about myself and told me a lot about the position and the office environment.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you have a ton of possible scenarios to use for the "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Claims Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Started with an initial phone interview with a Human Resource representative. Set up an office interview about two weeks after that. Had two interviews on site at Liberty Mutual after that. Basic behavioral interviews about different situations and experiences I have encountered. Both interviews left time at the end for questions to be asked by me.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a time that you failed at something important and how you responded.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Lot of questions took very l9ng. To be hired. Took almost a month and. Half to be hired
     Background check, salary verificati9n. Criminal back ground . College transcripts.9verall takes a couple of m o nths for a position to get filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wha y was a time you wenter above and beyond   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

The phone interview is done by a recruiter who decides if you move on to the next stage. Next stage is a face to face interview and the entire interview is behavior based questions. If you don't have any customer service background good luck on moving on. I had 5+ years.

Interview Questions
    • They are all behavior based, Explain a time when you this for a customer or explain a time you had to go above beyond to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Hiring process took about a month. Phone interview, face-to-face interview with branch manger, then face-to-face interview with zone manager. Lengthy interview process but very straight forward. Didn't throw out any curveballs. Just be confident and have a pipeline of potential customers and you should be just fine with the company.

Liberty Mutual Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview process used to be three months long. Recently changed to mass recruiting. You will attend a four month training process in Hoffman Estates IL. Training is fairly extensive.

No, base is set.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I applied online at the Liberty Mutual Website and a few days later I got an e-mail from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and lasted about 40 minutes. It was pretty standard stuff. He went over the job responsibilities, hours, pay, benefits, etc. He asked me a bunch of standard customer service situation questions too. A few days later, an HR person called me to schedule an in person interview at their local branch. They said that it would take about 4 hours. There were 9 of us in attendance. They gave another overview of the company and the job, conducted 2 interviews with 2 different people, took 2 online assessments, and job shadowed. I got there at 8 and was out by just after 12. The interviews were pretty easy. Although there were 3 of them, they all asked basically the same questions. Two days later I got an e-mail for a background check, which they said would take two weeks. A week later, I got a call from a Claims Manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews had very standard questions: 'Explain a situation when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it, etc?'   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, the starting salary was previously determined.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

Applied online and took a simple math/behavior test while completing application. Four weeks later received phone call from company to set up phone interview. Phone interview went great said he would recommend me for face to face interview. However job was filled before I got a chance to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview just was about my resume.   View Answer