Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.1

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was just behavior type question, "tell me about a time when...." After that I was scheduled another phone interview with a hiring manager at their corporate office in Boston. More behavioral questions. Finally I interviewed with 3 different people in the Chicago office. These interviews were much more casual and conversational. They asked me a little about myself and told me a lot about the position and the office environment.

Interview Questions
    • Just make sure you have a ton of possible scenarios to use for the "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Claims Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Started with an initial phone interview with a Human Resource representative. Set up an office interview about two weeks after that. Had two interviews on site at Liberty Mutual after that. Basic behavioral interviews about different situations and experiences I have encountered. Both interviews left time at the end for questions to be asked by me.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain a time that you failed at something important and how you responded.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

The phone interview is done by a recruiter who decides if you move on to the next stage. Next stage is a face to face interview and the entire interview is behavior based questions. If you don't have any customer service background good luck on moving on. I had 5+ years.

Interview Questions
    • They are all behavior based, Explain a time when you this for a customer or explain a time you had to go above beyond to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Hiring process took about a month. Phone interview, face-to-face interview with branch manger, then face-to-face interview with zone manager. Lengthy interview process but very straight forward. Didn't throw out any curveballs. Just be confident and have a pipeline of potential customers and you should be just fine with the company.

Liberty Mutual Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview process used to be three months long. Recently changed to mass recruiting. You will attend a four month training process in Hoffman Estates IL. Training is fairly extensive.

No, base is set.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I applied online at the Liberty Mutual Website and a few days later I got an e-mail from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and lasted about 40 minutes. It was pretty standard stuff. He went over the job responsibilities, hours, pay, benefits, etc. He asked me a bunch of standard customer service situation questions too. A few days later, an HR person called me to schedule an in person interview at their local branch. They said that it would take about 4 hours. There were 9 of us in attendance. They gave another overview of the company and the job, conducted 2 interviews with 2 different people, took 2 online assessments, and job shadowed. I got there at 8 and was out by just after 12. The interviews were pretty easy. Although there were 3 of them, they all asked basically the same questions. Two days later I got an e-mail for a background check, which they said would take two weeks. A week later, I got a call from a Claims Manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews had very standard questions: 'Explain a situation when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it, etc?'   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, the starting salary was previously determined.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

Applied online and took a simple math/behavior test while completing application. Four weeks later received phone call from company to set up phone interview. Phone interview went great said he would recommend me for face to face interview. However job was filled before I got a chance to interview.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview just was about my resume.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

I applied online, i was asked to take an assessment online, i was then asked to take a second amendment online, i then was given a phone interview with the recruiter from talent and aquisition in HR, then i was provided with another assessment to take, then i was provided the opportunity to interview with the hiring branch manager, i interviewed and then was asked back to complete an assessment and meet other employees in the branch, finally i was offered the job. The sales and service staff were both very inviting and kind. The office is state of the art and well equipped with technology. The work culture is very independant (no micro managing). Your treated as a professional and you treat others the same.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest situation that you dealt with in your previous or current job and how did you overcome it?   View Answer
    Yes, being bilingual and having 4 years experience in a similar work environment allowed me to negotiate. After being provided a number from the recruiter of talent and aquisition from HR of what they are paying come up with a negotiable number that is 5k more so that you have some wiggle room when you crunch numbers for your final determined pay.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2011.

Lengthy-- must apply online assessment and full application with cover letter, had on campus interview then full day interview with more assessments and two separate interviews with upper lvl management. Expect to talk about your successses and failures

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you did poorly, and received constructive feedback on something you needed to improve on--how did you handle it?"   Answer Question
    N/A set salary

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Geneva, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2011.

The first portion was a test online (basic math and personality questions). Second part was a phone interview. This was more of a screening and an introduction to what the job entails. After this, I was contacted by a branch manager for a 1:1 interview. This lasted about an hour. Upon completion, I was asked to take a couple days to make sure I did in fact want to get into this line of work. I was then asked to come in for a second interview where i had to make some cold-calls and give a brief presentation. I was then referred to the area manager where I was given a final interview. Took them 2 days to reach out and offer me the position. Overall, it was along process, but they truly want to make sure you're committed for the "long haul."

Interview Questions
    • Why insurance? And why Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
    • How do you expect to essentially "run your own business" and find potential clients?   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!