Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Jul 20, 2015

3.1

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Two supervisors asked behavior-based questions. They took notes while you answered. You were able to ask questions after. Very simple. However, really couldn't tell if they enjoyed interview or not.

Claims Adjuster Job Number 62942 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an e-mail from the HR department at Liberty indicating that my background was a good match for the position, After spending 20 minutes filling out their application and was directed to take an assessment. The assessment. t was for a call center position. No insurance where asked and it dealt with a lost package for a client. I had to correct his address, tell him the package was delivered and who signed for it, and process a payment from his credit card number.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked just a ;Call center position; assessment.   1 Answer

Entry Level Sales Representatiive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview Application Process: Online application, resume submission, and assessment test (about 1.5 hrs) Step One: Phone interview (about 1 hr) Step Two: In person interview with Branch Manager of Hoffman Estates location and Sales Academy Manager (about 2 hrs) Step Three: In person interview with Geneva Branch Manager & presentation of marketing plan

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions related to how I have proven my sales skills, in a "tell me about a time when..." format   Answer Question

Senior Specialist, Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

This was one of the longest and strangest processes ever. The process took a little over two months. I had not one but TWO phone interviews. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview with two people. On the day of the interview I was informed that the other person got delayed at the airport and couldn't make it. Therefore, I had to come back two weeks later to interview with him. I felt it went pretty well however I never received and follow up until three weeks later when I received a phone call (yes a phone call) to inform me that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why weren't you recruited right out of college?   1 Answer

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on line and received a response the next day. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and it went well. He asked a couple of behavioral questions and asked to describe the first thing that comes to mind. I was told I'd get an email within the next 2 weeks. Received an email a day before the 2 week mark and was asked to meet with the manager. I met with the manager and was really asked nothing but two or three questions at the most. The manager talked about the position more than anything and seemed to be in a rush. I felt as if I was being interviewed just because I was already scheduled. I received an email exactly two weeks after the interview advising that I would not get an offer. The whole process took about a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to assist a customer with an urgent request and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university/the company website and was selected for a phone interview a few weeks later. I was lucky enough to have this amazing recruiter, Tiffany, would connected with me right away. We had a productive conversation about my background and one or two behavioral questions. I was invited for an in-person interview (which at the time I was applying for an underwriting position) which went really well, but they decided to go with an internal hire. I was really impressed with the HR department, though, because they recognized that I could be a good fit somewhere else in the company. Tiffany, who again was amazing, referred me to a business analyst position where I received an offer after a skype interview. Overall, my experience was great. My advice is to very personable. I did not have a noteworthy internship after my junior year which was a disadvantage when applying to most jobs. However, if you can come of as a genuine, kind, respectable, and knowledgeable young adult the recruiters can overlook a lack of experience. Also know something about the insurance industry. Not just about Liberty Mutual, but also the issues relevant to the industry as a whole. E.g. the underwriting process, underwriters vs. field sales, how high sales can lead to low profit, types of insurance, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very straight forward questions. Be able to walk through your resume with ease. Know something about insurance, types of insurance, and how it works. Also, you'll probably be asked why you want to work in insurance and you should have a good answer. A few "describe a time when..." Nothing technical or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Warrenville, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Originally spoke to Liberty Mutual through my school's career fair. Had a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Received a phone call a few days later to come in for a in office interview. Process took about three hours. Had a presentation with a group of candidates then broke off and did two individual interviews followed by a short exam.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was just behavior type question, "tell me about a time when...." After that I was scheduled another phone interview with a hiring manager at their corporate office in Boston. More behavioral questions. Finally I interviewed with 3 different people in the Chicago office. These interviews were much more casual and conversational. They asked me a little about myself and told me a lot about the position and the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure you have a ton of possible scenarios to use for the "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Claims Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Started with an initial phone interview with a Human Resource representative. Set up an office interview about two weeks after that. Had two interviews on site at Liberty Mutual after that. Basic behavioral interviews about different situations and experiences I have encountered. Both interviews left time at the end for questions to be asked by me.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain a time that you failed at something important and how you responded.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Lot of questions took very l9ng. To be hired. Took almost a month and. Half to be hired Background check, salary verificati9n. Criminal back ground . College transcripts.9verall takes a couple of m o nths for a position to get filled.

Interview Questions

• Wha y was a time you wenter above and beyond   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.