Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Liberty Mutual Agent Interview

Liberty Mutual Agent
Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process used to be three months long. Recently changed to mass recruiting. You will attend a four month training process in Hoffman Estates IL. Training is fairly extensive.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell insurance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, base is set.

Underwriter Assistant Interview

Underwriter Assistant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. First interview was just behavior type question, "tell me about a time when...." After that I was scheduled another phone interview with a hiring manager at their corporate office in Boston. More behavioral questions. Finally I interviewed with 3 different people in the Chicago office. These interviews were much more casual and conversational. They asked me a little about myself and told me a lot about the position and the office environment.

Interview Question – Just make sure you have a ton of possible scenarios to use for the "tell me about a time" questions   Answer Question

Senior Customer Claims Representative Interview

Senior Customer Claims Representative
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – The phone interview is done by a recruiter who decides if you move on to the next stage. Next stage is a face to face interview and the entire interview is behavior based questions. If you don't have any customer service background good luck on moving on. I had 5+ years.

Interview Question – They are all behavior based, Explain a time when you this for a customer or explain a time you had to go above beyond to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Claims Internship Interview

Claims Internship
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – Started with an initial phone interview with a Human Resource representative. Set up an office interview about two weeks after that. Had two interviews on site at Liberty Mutual after that. Basic behavioral interviews about different situations and experiences I have encountered. Both interviews left time at the end for questions to be asked by me.

Interview Question – Can you explain a time that you failed at something important and how you responded.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
North Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – You start with a phone interview with a recruiter who tries to act laid back, but you realize he is stressed out because his pay depends on you getting hired.. The first interview went well, but it took all day long. I did not hear anything back from them for about 2 months, but it seemed like a good job so I came back for a final interview with the regional sales manager. After hearing him talk about how much better they are than any insurance agency, he finally let me leave the boring long process about the sketchy world of insurance sales. They are looking for people who are desperate and can stick out a long process

Interview Question – There are no difficult questions honestly, just a bunch of typical situation and describe how you handled it. I really was not impressed with any of the interviewees, as my 10 year little brother could ask those questions   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I felt like they were just too good to be true, and try to make it seem like they are top dogs, but lets be real people, if it's a good sales job than you don't need a base pay. The overall bad stigma that selling insurance brings to the table, turned me away. I will say that they did seem like really nice people, and made it seem like they were a close tight group. If you want to annoy people to buy insurance than good luck. I had better opportunities on the table.

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Liberty Mutual Website and a few days later I got an e-mail from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and lasted about 40 minutes. It was pretty standard stuff. He went over the job responsibilities, hours, pay, benefits, etc. He asked me a bunch of standard customer service situation questions too. A few days later, an HR person called me to schedule an in person interview at their local branch. They said that it would take about 4 hours. There were 9 of us in attendance. They gave another overview of the company and the job, conducted 2 interviews with 2 different people, took 2 online assessments, and job shadowed. I got there at 8 and was out by just after 12. The interviews were pretty easy. Although there were 3 of them, they all asked basically the same questions. Two days later I got an e-mail for a background check, which they said would take two weeks. A week later, I got a call from a Claims Manager offering me a position.

Interview Question – The interviews had very standard questions: 'Explain a situation when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it, etc?'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase, the starting salary was previously determined.

Claims Specialist Interview

Claims Specialist
Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2011.

Interview Details – Lengthy-- must apply online assessment and full application with cover letter, had on campus interview then full day interview with more assessments and two separate interviews with upper lvl management. Expect to talk about your successses and failures

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you did poorly, and received constructive feedback on something you needed to improve on--how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A set salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and took a simple math/behavior test while completing application. Four weeks later received phone call from company to set up phone interview. Phone interview went great said he would recommend me for face to face interview. However job was filled before I got a chance to interview.

Interview Question – Phone interview just was about my resume.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Warrenville, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, i was asked to take an assessment online, i was then asked to take a second amendment online, i then was given a phone interview with the recruiter from talent and aquisition in HR, then i was provided with another assessment to take, then i was provided the opportunity to interview with the hiring branch manager, i interviewed and then was asked back to complete an assessment and meet other employees in the branch, finally i was offered the job. The sales and service staff were both very inviting and kind. The office is state of the art and well equipped with technology. The work culture is very independant (no micro managing). Your treated as a professional and you treat others the same.

Interview Question – What was the hardest situation that you dealt with in your previous or current job and how did you overcome it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, being bilingual and having 4 years experience in a similar work environment allowed me to negotiate. After being provided a number from the recruiter of talent and aquisition from HR of what they are paying come up with a negotiable number that is 5k more so that you have some wiggle room when you crunch numbers for your final determined pay.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Geneva, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – The first portion was a test online (basic math and personality questions). Second part was a phone interview. This was more of a screening and an introduction to what the job entails. After this, I was contacted by a branch manager for a 1:1 interview. This lasted about an hour. Upon completion, I was asked to take a couple days to make sure I did in fact want to get into this line of work. I was then asked to come in for a second interview where i had to make some cold-calls and give a brief presentation. I was then referred to the area manager where I was given a final interview. Took them 2 days to reach out and offer me the position. Overall, it was along process, but they truly want to make sure you're committed for the "long haul."

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!