Liberty Mutual Insurance

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Voorhees, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

Interview Details – Fair hiring process, you interview with who will be your manager, as well as one upper management representative

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2011.

Interview Details – Smooth process with quick turnaround times.

Interview Question – No questions were too difficult.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – one phone interview and a in person interview a week after the phone. Once I arrived at the office the receptionist was unaware of my interview and it took a little bit of time for her to get in contact with the correct department. I was escorted to the claims department and placed next to one of the senior claims adjuster to listen in and observe for 30 min. Afterwards I interviewed by two team managers both pleasantly happy and asked typical interview questions, followed by taking a lengthy "what would you do" type quiz- mathematical- listening comprehension- and a rate yourself quiz. The quizzing took about an hour, somewhat tedious... but easy. Once completed, One more interview with another Team Manager, of which turned out to be my team manager nearly 3 months later. After the 3 hours I spent interviewing at the office, the HR department contacted me about the background and credit check. It was 2 months and 3 weeks before I finally received a phone call from the verification company asking if I would be able to pay a past due bill. I explained that once I was employed I would be happy to. A few days later I was contacted by another TM who made an offer, began work the following week.

Interview Question – verification company asking if I would be able to pay a past due bill   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given an offer over the phone and emailed papers to sign and send via fax

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – After countless numbers of no responses and the old proverbial "we found a candidate that better fits our needs" mumbo jumbo, glassdoor literally gets you in the door! Their targeted and timely listings are legit and real!

Interview Question – Assessment Testing was very challenging and prerequisite for the position. I welcomed the challenge which ensured that only the right candidates are selected to the organization!   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call couple weeks later asking if I'm still interested in the position. Went to the interview next day and was told they will be interviewing other candidates for another week. I was told there will be a second interview if they think I'm the right candidate.

Interview Question – Describe time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Voorhees, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – I did some research on the background of the company, basic interview skills, and stuff like that. The interview itself was a couple parts. First there was a phone interview, which was just general questions, mostly about why I wanted the job and why I thought I would be good at it. It only took about twenty minutes. A couple weeks later they asked me to come in for two one-on-one interviews with managers at the office. Each one took about an hour and the questions were pretty standard. It was all about my skills, how I would apply them, why I thought I'd be a good fit for the job, etc. I can't think of a single question that really caught me off guard or gave me a really hard time. They said they would be in touch within a couple weeks, but I got offered the job about four or five days later. I think what helped me most was the fact that I prepared a lot of questions to ask my interviewers, which they seemed impressed by. After I got the offer, they just did a standard background check, which took about a month or two longer, but I guess that's probably normal with any job.

Interview Question – They asked me what I would bring to the workplace in terms of culture, which I didn't really understand at first. When I asked to clarify, they were just talking about how I would contribute aside from the skills for the job, like how I would affect the office environment. There really weren't any questions more difficult than that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate, which was fine because the offer was more than I was expecting anyway.

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – First had a phone interview, then a face to face. Made it through back ground check and then they closed the req. no offer.

Interview Question – How have you helped the department you supported run in a more effective manner?   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – The process was fairly extensive. The initial application includes submitting a resume and cover letter, then filling in forms with employment history, education, etc. Then about a 45 minute personality exam conducted by a third party company online to determine if you are a fit. Following this process there is a serious of two telephone interviews. the first is fairly short and just insures you meet the minimum qualifications. The second is about a half hour or so and if you pass this interview your application and resume are sent to the the local manager. Then their is an in person interview that takes approximately an hour. In all, from first applying to the job until receiving a job offer was roughly a three month process.

Interview Question – Very little information is given about the actual job you will be doing if hired and therefore the questions are very difficult to answer with any kind of context. Just be prepared for very open ended questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The job had a set pay amount that was not negotiable.

Claims Adjuster

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Felt like I was in the scene from The Office. Somewhat unprofessional but nothing too bad. A lot of basic questions that I have been asked in previous interviews...How would you handle x situation....Give me an example of how you handled x situation in the past. Researching the company did not help much as not many questions were about them. Mainly listening and having to answer the set questions. Interview was two people which was unexpected. One finished and then the other asked different questions and went more in depth about experience.

Interview Question – Quite early in the interview, was asked about current salary.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – On campus interview. First round. STAR method. Situation. Task. Action. Result.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness, and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Adjuster interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.