Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Jan 3, 2015

2.7

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through my school's job website and was redirected to their application site. Took a long intelligence test with grammar and math questions. A week later I recieved a request for a phone interview. A week after that I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with a manager, then I Watched someone work. Then I met with two other managers. They mostly seemed concerned with whether or not I could handle a high volume of emails and calls, that I would be calm under pressure.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

it was over the phone for the first interview and stay in touch with recruiters. The process did take some time, but the associates are very informative. They will walk you through everything you need to know, and make the process easy for you.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was straight forward, just be prepared for over the phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Lot of questions took very l9ng. To be hired. Took almost a month and. Half to be hired
     Background check, salary verificati9n. Criminal back ground . College transcripts.9verall takes a couple of m o nths for a position to get filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wha y was a time you wenter above and beyond   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

After countless numbers of no responses and the old proverbial "we found a candidate that better fits our needs" mumbo jumbo, glassdoor literally gets you in the door! Their targeted and timely listings are legit and real!

Interview Questions
    • Assessment Testing was very challenging and prerequisite for the position. I welcomed the challenge which ensured that only the right candidates are selected to the organization!   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2013.

Applied online and got a call couple weeks later asking if I'm still interested in the position. Went to the interview next day and was told they will be interviewing other candidates for another week. I was told there will be a second interview if they think I'm the right candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Describe time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process was fairly extensive. The initial application includes submitting a resume and cover letter, then filling in forms with employment history, education, etc. Then about a 45 minute personality exam conducted by a third party company online to determine if you are a fit. Following this process there is a serious of two telephone interviews. the first is fairly short and just insures you meet the minimum qualifications. The second is about a half hour or so and if you pass this interview your application and resume are sent to the the local manager. Then their is an in person interview that takes approximately an hour. In all, from first applying to the job until receiving a job offer was roughly a three month process.

Interview Questions
    • Very little information is given about the actual job you will be doing if hired and therefore the questions are very difficult to answer with any kind of context. Just be prepared for very open ended questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. The job had a set pay amount that was not negotiable.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Felt like I was in the scene from The Office. Somewhat unprofessional but nothing too bad. A lot of basic questions that I have been asked in previous interviews...How would you handle x situation....Give me an example of how you handled x situation in the past. Researching the company did not help much as not many questions were about them. Mainly listening and having to answer the set questions. Interview was two people which was unexpected. One finished and then the other asked different questions and went more in depth about experience.

Interview Questions
    • Quite early in the interview, was asked about current salary.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

On campus interview. First round. STAR method. Situation. Task. Action. Result.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness, and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Voorhees, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

I did some research on the background of the company, basic interview skills, and stuff like that. The interview itself was a couple parts. First there was a phone interview, which was just general questions, mostly about why I wanted the job and why I thought I would be good at it. It only took about twenty minutes. A couple weeks later they asked me to come in for two one-on-one interviews with managers at the office. Each one took about an hour and the questions were pretty standard. It was all about my skills, how I would apply them, why I thought I'd be a good fit for the job, etc. I can't think of a single question that really caught me off guard or gave me a really hard time. They said they would be in touch within a couple weeks, but I got offered the job about four or five days later. I think what helped me most was the fact that I prepared a lot of questions to ask my interviewers, which they seemed impressed by. After I got the offer, they just did a standard background check, which took about a month or two longer, but I guess that's probably normal with any job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what I would bring to the workplace in terms of culture, which I didn't really understand at first. When I asked to clarify, they were just talking about how I would contribute aside from the skills for the job, like how I would affect the office environment. There really weren't any questions more difficult than that.   Answer Question
    I wasn't able to negotiate, which was fine because the offer was more than I was expecting anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

First had a phone interview, then a face to face. Made it through back ground check and then they closed the req. no offer.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped the department you supported run in a more effective manner?   Answer Question