Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Case Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

I found this particular job listed on my University career center web site. Recruiters were coming to the university to recruit, however I decided to apply online prior to the recruiters arriving. I applied on December 27th, 2012. Immediately after submitting my resume and all other necessary materials, i.e. college transcripts, I was instructed to take an aptitude test as well as a personality profile. Not more than 24 hours after this submission I was notified that a phone interview would be conducted the following week, January 4, 2013. The phone interview process took approximately 1/2 hour during which about 6 standard behavioral and hypothetical questions were asked. I was sent an email two days after the phone interview telling notifying me that I passed that stage and was selected to move on to the in-person interview stage on January 14, 2013. The in-person interview was quite intense, lasting exactly 3.5 hours during which 3 separate managers interviewed me, I job shadowed for approx. 1/2 hour, and I also was required to submit two impromptu writing samples which consisted of replying to two different clients utilizing professional business letter formatting. Each interviewer asked 4-6 questions and took meticulous notes during my answers. The whole process was carried on in the following manner: interview, fill out confidentiality forms (for job shadow), job shadow, interview, writing sample, interview. There were no breaks and the interviews were in a very sterile room that was quite small. I recall leaving the interviews with the distinct feeling that there was no way there could be many interviews scheduled due to the fact that the process was so laborious. The managers were quite nice and personable and made it fairly easy to get comfortable being myself whilst answering the questions, although I was quite nervous. I was told a decision would be made within two-three weeks and I would get a call whether I was selected or not. I received a call from the recruiter on the 28th of January with an offer which I accepted. After accepting the offer, I was directed to a web site where I filled out all of the necessary information for my background check, as well as printed out and filled out other paperwork that was required to be faxed to their office for the background check. The background check consisted of a verification of the following: college transcripts and GPA (3.5 minimum GPA required for the job), 5 year employment history, 5 year residential history, personal references, criminal history, as well as a credit check. If any of these checks do not go through, the offer could have been rescinded, but thankfully that was not the case and I am officially an employee of Liberty Mutual Insurance!! Sadly enough, they only hire (at least for this particular position) twice a year for the fall and spring graduations, so although the process for me only took about one month from beginning to end, my job does not start until the next training class begins in June, which could present a challenge for prospective employees.

Interview Questions

• As far as remember, all of the questions were fairly simple to answer. They mainly surrounded how I acted in particularly difficult or stressful situations, how I have handled adversity or difficult people, as well as some educational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. The job starts at $46,500.00 at an entry level. It is fairly reasonable starting salary right out of college for someone with no experience in the industry.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later from a recruiter. We set up a time to have a phone screen. They asked three questions,"why did you choose your major, why liberty mutual, and what do you know about LM". After that they said they'd send my info to the hiring manager. It took them about three weeks to call me from that point (I thought they wouldnt call and they were going to blow me off). They asked me to interview in office with the hiring manager. I got there and interviewed with one manager, took a tour, interviewed with another manager. They called with an offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Claims Case Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2010.

Interview

After you apply you must take an IQ/Intelligence test and Survey that was somewhat extensive. One day after I took the assessment they contacted me by phone and asked to set up a phone interview. Which was about 15 minutes with all the typical answers. I then was contacted a couple days later to go on a interview in which I would interview with 2 case managers and do a little job shadowing.

Interview Questions

• Name one difficult decision you've made with minimal information at your disposal?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Claims?   Answer Question

Claims Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

Interview

basic phone interview consisted of quetions about why i chose my major. my gpa. why i was interested in the company how i dealt with an unhappy customer. When i would be available to start. My strengths and weaknesses. My activites that I participated in while in college and my role in these.