Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Representative Interview Questions

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Progressive Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you disagreed with management, but did not do anything about it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

I applied on a Saturday, received a request for a phone interview on Wednesday, had the phone interview the next day. Had an in person interview the next day on Friday. Following Tuesday received an email requesting a background check. And on Monday of the following week received an offer!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, read up on the company, do your homework. Be prepared to answer situational questions in detail.   Answer Question
    offer was solid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2013.

PLEASE READ AS I JUST INTERVIEWED A FEW DAYS AGO!

Applied online, rcved call from recruiter a few weeks later. 30 min phone screen, advised be specific as possible. She will schedule the interview right then and there if she is interested. Be ready to answer some behavioral based questions via phone. If the recruiter is not interested she will say "I will forward this to our hiring manager." This means she is not interested in you. The intial interview is with four other people. Something they call "batch day." They will take you into a room and show you a powerpoint presentation about the comapny. It is good information but make sure that you do study the company before you go.
    After that the group splits up into different roles. One will interview with the manager one will job shadow and one will take the assessment. I was the first one to interview. The interview questions are behavioral type questions, and they want you to be very specific. Most of the interview questions on here are what they asked so make sure you have some type of senarios in your head to give. After I interviewed with one manager i Job shadowed with an employee. Ask questions!!! After that I interviewed with another manager and took my assesment. The assesment consists of reading codes.. this is the only one that is kinda difficult, just pay attention read the directions closely and you should be fine. The second assement is like a call simulation... so the customer calls in u enter the appropriate information. That one is easy if you have had call center experience.. and if not its really not that diffcult. After that you have a personality assessment. These are all via computer and you have 10 min for the first one, 30 for the second one, and no time limit on the personality one. Be prepared to be here for a few hours. I got there at 830 and left at 12. It was tiring. But liberty mutual is a good company.
    I rcved an email requesting more information for my background check a few hours later.. so that is your clue that you were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process is lengthy and very detailed.. be prepared to give some good impressive examples. What motivates you to go to work? Why Should I hire you? Why liberty mutual? Name a time you had to give complex instructions to someone? Name a time you took lead of a situation? What would your boss say is your weakness/ strengths? Name a time you had to give bad news to someone? Name a time you had to make a decision off little information? Where do you see yourself in the future?   View Answers (2)
    It just depends on experience, but the entry level starting salary is good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I applied online at the Liberty Mutual Website and a few days later I got an e-mail from a recruiter asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a week later and lasted about 40 minutes. It was pretty standard stuff. He went over the job responsibilities, hours, pay, benefits, etc. He asked me a bunch of standard customer service situation questions too. A few days later, an HR person called me to schedule an in person interview at their local branch. They said that it would take about 4 hours. There were 9 of us in attendance. They gave another overview of the company and the job, conducted 2 interviews with 2 different people, took 2 online assessments, and job shadowed. I got there at 8 and was out by just after 12. The interviews were pretty easy. Although there were 3 of them, they all asked basically the same questions. Two days later I got an e-mail for a background check, which they said would take two weeks. A week later, I got a call from a Claims Manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews had very standard questions: 'Explain a situation when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle it, etc?'   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, the starting salary was previously determined.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

Applied online. A few days later received call to set up phone interview. Phone call lasted about 25 minutes. Informed me of position and reviewed my resume and asked questions about my prior experiences. Few days later called to set up in person interview. This consisted of 2 assesments, 2 face to face, job shadow, and a company overview. Was informed canidates will be reviewed and thanked for coming in. Same day received an email to start a background check. This took about a week or so. Next week called with an official offer. Lengthy but not anything bad, each step just takes time, maybe a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed behavior questions more interested in past behavior, not what you would do now. Interviewers were personable and easy to talk to. If an answer needed more detail they asked specific questions about it.   Answer Question
    Salary based on experience and education.

it was hard

Claims Representative Interview

3 interviews total, each interview increased by level of interviewer responsibility. final interview by 3 individuals at same time. all conducted themselves in very professional manner. office appeared organized and clean.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I submitted an application online via the career section on Liberty Mutual's website. About a week later I received a phone call from HR to set up a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview went very well, last about 25-30 minutes. I was offered an in-person interview 3 days later at the office in South Charlotte. The second interview went very well (or so I thought); lasting about 2.5 hours. I met with 4 different employees; managers, HR, current claims rep, etc. I was told I would receive a phone call with a decision within two weeks. I waited beyond the two week period, no surprise. A little over 3 weeks after my interview I received an automated email saying they went with someone more qualified. I was let down of course and put off by the fact that they didn't have the decency to send a more personal email or professional phone call.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty typical as with any interview. The questions seemed repetitive, with words varying ever so slightly. I almost felt as if I was being questioned by an interrogator for a crime.   Answer Question

went through recruiter

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to talk about your skill set, motivation and interests   Answer Question
    over 30 years ago

Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Phone interview - very basic questions - competentcy based. Unstructured - thought interviewer was sleeping at one point. Clearly not qualified to screen mgt potential applicants. Advised I would hear back "by the end of the week". Never heard anything even after calling and emailing for status to "outsourced" cartoon recruiter.

Contact with upper mgt forced a call - subsequent denial letter (form). 20 plus yrs multifacted experience - only applied as location was favorable and colleage that workd for Liberty said it was :ok:.

Disrepectful and non communicative with incompetent outsourced recruiters just getting thru the day. Comapny posts same jobs every other month for years - a leader in the industry? Wrong.

Interview Questions
    • so you have a bs degree? Clearly evident on resume   View Answer
    • tell about a time when you had multiple priorities and how did you handle   View Answer