Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.1

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Phone screen with rep from Florida hiring for a position in Ma. Behavioral a questions and review of work history and experience. Recvd a call for interview a week later. Keep in mind I was a previous employee. I had a 2 -hr interview with 4 managers . all behavioral questions. A week later I saw on liberty mutuals hr profile my app was withdrawn. I called the recruiter to ask why would that status change with out my actual knowledge ... Instead of a call back ...they responded with am email they are not considering me for the position which was strange in the way the series of events played out.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I initially received and email asking to reply back to schedule a phone interview. the email was from an unmanned email address. Luckily i was able to guess the senders email address using the name signed at the bottom and Google. I got an email from another person the next day confirming the date. On the day i got a call and proceeded with a phone interview. Pretty standard. STAR questions and prior work review. then a onsite interview was scheduled. I arrived 30 minutes early. Basically similar behavioral questions as on the phone, prior work review. Then i was interviewed by a second manager. Same material basically. I was told they still had people to interview and i should know in a couple of days. Interview lasted about 2 hours and I thought it went well. Soon after I received a rejection via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

General personality questions. they love to hear about lean/waste reductions in terms of maximizing workflow.

Interview Questions
    not a lot of wiggle room during my interview as it was my first job out of college. i was able to negotiate a nice relocation package.

Claim Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

There were three rounds of interviews. There was one phone interview with HR. And then two in-person interviews with mgmt at the office. There was a lot of competition so you need to come prepaired. But overall it was pretty standard. It definitely felt a little stiff. Bu it was surprisingly quick to get through the whole process and get hired.

Interview Questions
    • How are you different from the other people we could hire?

IDK there are no curve balls really. just standard "describe a time"-type questions.

Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

My interview processes consisted of a phone interview followed by a in-person interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you thinking of leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2011.

I was expecting it to be a one-on-one interview, but I was taken to a conference room where three managers took turns asking me questions. It wasn't bad though.. they were all very nice and the questions weren't too difficult. It actually made me less nervous with more people there, because they were all very warm and easy to talk with.

After some behavioral questions and a few questions about my past employment, I was given a skills test to complete within 25 minutes. It was a situation in which I had to write a response fax to a customer that was inquiring about their claim. I also had to create a list of the items/info that I think I would need to gather to successfully complete the customer's auto claim.. like a police report, body shop estimates, etc.

After this, I was taken to meet the manager that was above the managers I'd previously interviewed with. He asked me a few questions, mostly conversational, for a little while. Then he took me to the manager of the whole facility. He also talked to me for a bit.

After the interviews, I was placed with a rep to listen to some of the calls and see the system that I would be working with.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were working on a project and something unexpected came up that needed to be dealt with immediately. How did you handle it? How did you set your priorities?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team. What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I didn't even attempt to negotiate because others on this site have said that they didn't have luck with it. Their offer was more than what I had in mind, anyway!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrenville, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2011.

Lengthy-- must apply online assessment and full application with cover letter, had on campus interview then full day interview with more assessments and two separate interviews with upper lvl management. Expect to talk about your successses and failures

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you did poorly, and received constructive feedback on something you needed to improve on--how did you handle it?"   Answer Question
    N/A set salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

I took an online assessment and then was called to do a one on one interview. The interviewer informed me that I had great customer service and investigative work experience. I got an e-mail inviting me to the second interview which was held in Warrenville, IL. The interview consisted of a group/panel interview and there was an all day presentation about the job

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation that didn't yield an intended outcome. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

The phone interview and follow up took longer than expected, i had to follow up with HR before hiring manager called me. I think HR dropped the ball on me. But once i got in touch with hiring manager, the process was quick. Interview took 3 hours with 2 manager and a personality and written case test. Offer made within week

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate, it was fair.