Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

3.1

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an in person interview. Both a lot of behavioral questions asked throughout. Make sure to have specific examples. Everyone was very nice at the interview although the questioning was intense.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a decision without all the information needed?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Call lasted about 30 mins. The recruiter was extremely nice and made me feel comfortable. Told me I would hear back from her soon...

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were working with a group and had to negotiate to get your way? What would you do if you were working in a team and someone wasn't holding their weight?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mainly behavioral questions, and questions about my background and why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual.

We scheduled an in-person interview for a few weeks later, during which I met with three different supervisors (three 1:1 interviews) and got the chance to talk to a current employee. The managers gave me more information about the office culture and job requirements. They also asked more behavioral questions.

The people I met with all seemed happy to be working there. The Claims environment definitely seemed stressful, but also interesting and rewarding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make an important decision without having all of the information you needed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation available, since it's my first job out of college. However, the salary and benefits were very generous.

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hingham, MA).

Interview

Phone screen with rep from Florida hiring for a position in Ma. Behavioral a questions and review of work history and experience. Recvd a call for interview a week later. Keep in mind I was a previous employee. I had a 2 -hr interview with 4 managers . all behavioral questions. A week later I saw on liberty mutuals hr profile my app was withdrawn. I called the recruiter to ask why would that status change with out my actual knowledge ... Instead of a call back ...they responded with am email they are not considering me for the position which was strange in the way the series of events played out.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Danvers, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I initially received and email asking to reply back to schedule a phone interview. the email was from an unmanned email address. Luckily i was able to guess the senders email address using the name signed at the bottom and Google. I got an email from another person the next day confirming the date. On the day i got a call and proceeded with a phone interview. Pretty standard. STAR questions and prior work review. then a onsite interview was scheduled. I arrived 30 minutes early. Basically similar behavioral questions as on the phone, prior work review. Then i was interviewed by a second manager. Same material basically. I was told they still had people to interview and i should know in a couple of days. Interview lasted about 2 hours and I thought it went well. Soon after I received a rejection via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

General personality questions. they love to hear about lean/waste reductions in terms of maximizing workflow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not a lot of wiggle room during my interview as it was my first job out of college. i was able to negotiate a nice relocation package.

Claim Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews. There was one phone interview with HR. And then two in-person interviews with mgmt at the office. There was a lot of competition so you need to come prepaired. But overall it was pretty standard. It definitely felt a little stiff. Bu it was surprisingly quick to get through the whole process and get hired.

Interview Questions

• How are you different from the other people we could hire?

IDK there are no curve balls really. just standard "describe a time"-type questions.

Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

Interview

My interview processes consisted of a phone interview followed by a in-person interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you thinking of leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lawrenceville, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

I was expecting it to be a one-on-one interview, but I was taken to a conference room where three managers took turns asking me questions. It wasn't bad though.. they were all very nice and the questions weren't too difficult. It actually made me less nervous with more people there, because they were all very warm and easy to talk with.

After some behavioral questions and a few questions about my past employment, I was given a skills test to complete within 25 minutes. It was a situation in which I had to write a response fax to a customer that was inquiring about their claim. I also had to create a list of the items/info that I think I would need to gather to successfully complete the customer's auto claim.. like a police report, body shop estimates, etc.

After this, I was taken to meet the manager that was above the managers I'd previously interviewed with. He asked me a few questions, mostly conversational, for a little while. Then he took me to the manager of the whole facility. He also talked to me for a bit.

After the interviews, I was placed with a rep to listen to some of the calls and see the system that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working on a project and something unexpected came up that needed to be dealt with immediately. How did you handle it? How did you set your priorities?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a team. What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't even attempt to negotiate because others on this site have said that they didn't have luck with it. Their offer was more than what I had in mind, anyway!