Liberty Mutual Insurance
www.libertymutualgroup.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for the Claims Specialist Rotational Program online on January 12, 2012. The application was short, and I was asked to take an online assessment. This took about an hour and a half. I received a call on the 18th from an HR specialist scheduling a phone interview for the 27th of the same month. The phone interview was entirely behavioral questions. I did not do too great, but he notified me at the end of the call I was going to move forward in the interview process. He then told me I was invited to attend their batch interview in Irving, TX. I was to receive more information as the date approached. On February 9th, I received a call from the Sr. Administrative Associate to set up my travel arrangements. They were to fly me out on the 29th for a dinner with management at Cari?os, and on March 1st I would visit Liberty Mutual’s office and interview for the position. They made arrangements for everything: flights, hotels, shuttles, cabs, and meals. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. The day began with breakfast and a presentation about Liberty Mutual, a tour of the company, and our first set of interviews. I interviewed with only one manager, and it was pretty relaxed. Again, it consisted of behavioral questions. We then came back to the main room and had a case-study with about 45 minutes to complete. It was not difficult AT ALL. I was nervous about it, but it’s mainly common sense. We had lunch after this in the same room, and some management showed up to eat and chat with us. After lunch, we had another interview with a different manager. It followed the same format as the others with a bit more information on the position. We then job-shadowed a current employee in the program, and the process ended with a session of QA’s. We were told we’d receive a decision in about 1-2 weeks. However, I received a call the very next day with an offer and was given a week to consider it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, team-member, or co-worker.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver complex information to someone who was unfamiliar with the subject.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have great benefits. Make sure you consider that along wth compensation. Also, make sure you understand the positon. You will be on the phone all day and may deal with angry claimants frequently.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2009.

Interview Details – I got the interview through the university career services. My first round was a two-on-one on campus. They mostly asked behavioral questions and about my resume. It was really laid back. I think the hardest question I got was explain the difference between a leader and a manager. The second round consisted of two consecutive interviews on-site. The interviews were also pretty much about the resume and behavioral questions. I also sat through a company-overview presentation and a written portion. The written was fairly easy and tests your reasoning skills.

Interview Question – Why Liberty Mutual?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Specialist Rotational Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.