Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com
  www.libertymutualgroup.com

Liberty Mutual Insurance Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Claims Specialist Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

On-campus then on site-interview. Had mostly behavioral questions and a written test. Overall, pretty easy. I did not get many offers in 08-09 and I received one from Liberty fairly quickly (which should have sent up red flags)

Interview Questions
  • How to handle a difficult customer/tell someone something they do not want to hear   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

I applied for the Claims Specialist Rotational Program online on January 12, 2012. The application was short, and I was asked to take an online assessment. This took about an hour and a half. I received a call on the 18th from an HR specialist scheduling a phone interview for the 27th of the same month. The phone interview was entirely behavioral questions. I did not do too great, but he notified me at the end of the call I was going to move forward in the interview process. He then told me I was invited to attend their batch interview in Irving, TX. I was to receive more information as the date approached. On February 9th, I received a call from the Sr. Administrative Associate to set up my travel arrangements. They were to fly me out on the 29th for a dinner with management at Cari?os, and on March 1st I would visit Liberty Mutual’s office and interview for the position. They made arrangements for everything: flights, hotels, shuttles, cabs, and meals. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. The day began with breakfast and a presentation about Liberty Mutual, a tour of the company, and our first set of interviews. I interviewed with only one manager, and it was pretty relaxed. Again, it consisted of behavioral questions. We then came back to the main room and had a case-study with about 45 minutes to complete. It was not difficult AT ALL. I was nervous about it, but it’s mainly common sense. We had lunch after this in the same room, and some management showed up to eat and chat with us. After lunch, we had another interview with a different manager. It followed the same format as the others with a bit more information on the position. We then job-shadowed a current employee in the program, and the process ended with a session of QA’s. We were told we’d receive a decision in about 1-2 weeks. However, I received a call the very next day with an offer and was given a week to consider it.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, team-member, or co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver complex information to someone who was unfamiliar with the subject.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you anticipated potential problems and developed preventive measures.   Answer Question
    They have great benefits. Make sure you consider that along wth compensation. Also, make sure you understand the positon. You will be on the phone all day and may deal with angry claimants frequently.

Claims Specialist Rotational Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2009.

I got the interview through the university career services. My first round was a two-on-one on campus. They mostly asked behavioral questions and about my resume. It was really laid back. I think the hardest question I got was explain the difference between a leader and a manager. The second round consisted of two consecutive interviews on-site. The interviews were also pretty much about the resume and behavioral questions. I also sat through a company-overview presentation and a written portion. The written was fairly easy and tests your reasoning skills.