Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Somerset, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – First, i had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me about my background and some behavioral questions. I did pretty good since I had prior claim experience. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a week later. The interview consisted on a 20 minutes job shadow which was very interesting. A written assignment for 2 scenarios. Met with 2 managers and had a online assessment. The whole thing was about 4 hours.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult at all. They were very friendly. The online first part of the assessment was a little challenging for me.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – There were two interview processes I had to go through. First being a phone interview with a recruiter, with standard questions about past work history and my reasons for wanting to work with the company. I was then offered to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was told to be prepared for being there for four hours, which it actually took two. The first half had me sitting down with two supervisors, asking standard interview questions. It was a fairly easy process that lead me to sitting down with an actual agent, listening in on her calls. I was told the purpose of this was to see if you're a right fit for the company and if you had any questions about what you'd be doing on a daily basis. Then, I was taken to a room to complete online testing, which just had phone call simulations and took roughly 20 minutes. And finally, I met with one of the hiring manager's who asked my reasons for looking into Liberty Mutual and asked me about my personal job experiences in the past. That took all of five minutes and I was on my way.

Interview Question – None. They're just the standard questions- Why do you want to work with Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I originally got the offer but it was then rescinded due to the fact that they felt I misrepresented myself on my background check. On my resume, I listed the schooling I attended and through that, they assumed I completed this. I made clear during my first interview that I did not and that's when they mentioned how they offer continuing education reimbursement, etc. When going to actually fill out my background information, I specifically didn't list my continuing education because it was not completed. Apparently, because I listed it at all on my resume was reason to consider I misrepresented myself and that's what they originally looked at in hiring me. Then when I finally got the call stating they weren't considering me anymore, I was told that I listed my continuing education on my application, which I then immediately pulled up and saw that I did in fact not. Personally, I feel that this company is shady and if you're going to assume one's education and only look for specific people with a degree, you should certainly mention that in the job description. It has never prevented me from not getting a job of the same caliber considering I have the job experience and I'm in the process of completing my degree.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – The hiring process can be time consuming but it's well worth it if you get hired.

Interview Question – How did you make a difference in your last position?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New Castle, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied Online, then about a month later I received a call for a phone interview. The Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes, consisted of general "Tell me a time when" questions. A week later, got a call to schedule an in person interview. At the in person interview, there were five other people, we were first taken into a room and asked to do a typing test and to type up email and mailed correspondence as if they would go to a customer. Then the main manager came in, gave a description of the job and duties and escorted us to the next step, which was observing current employees on the phones. The employees were given papers to fill out based on if we asked questions and paid attention. Then we were separated and I met with five different supervisors and managers who each asked more "tell me a time when" type questions. With the last interviewer you are allowed to ask your own questions. About 2 weeks later, I received a call with conditional offer of employment, pending a background check (which they send you a copy of, not many places do that). No drug test. Started work beginning of following month, then 3 months of training.

Interview Question – Mostly general questions like "Tell me a time when you used such and such a skill to complete such and such a task." or "Tell me a time when you went above any beyond for a customer" When I initially interviewed, it was the first time I had been asked SO many of these types of questions, often more than once asked the same question but needed a different answer each time.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – When I first walked in the receptionist was welcoming. There was a group of us waiting to be interviewed. We all entered into the training room, where an over view of the company was given. After which, questions where answered and then we were shuffled off to one on one interviews. My interview had a lot of personality. He was great, I has a few questions which he happily answered. It was a great experience. After your one on one, you sit with a rep to get a up close of how the process works. Mine was great, I enjoyed it. I looked around a bit and noticed friendly people in an upbeat environment.

Interview Question – During my interview, the basic customer service questions came up. The only one I remember is, Name a time where you had a difficult customer, give the situation, and process you used to solve the problem. Not hard at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be your self and be honest.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied online, next day got a call and an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was great. Was asked about job experience, and what I know about the company. Then I was told that hiring manager will call me next week to set up a face to face interview. Got a call from him an hour later, and have a date set up already, and looking forward to it.

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – First was phone interview then face to face the following week. Still waiting on a call back from recruiter

Interview Question – It was a standard interview. The manager made me feel very comfortable   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Was first asked to complete on online application, then a phone interview, lastly was the in person interview. At the in person interview, you sit with a current employee and listen in on their calls for about 45 minutes, management then conducts two more interviews with two managers at each interview. Had received a call on the way home to let them know I got the job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had improved on a process at your place of employment.   Answer Question

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I completed the online application in the beginning of July. I was then informed about a week later via email that they would like to schedule a telephone interview. I was told that if they were interested in moving on to the next step, I would hear back in about a week or two. It was about two weeks later and I was informed that they were interested in moving forward with me. I was then scheduled for a 4 hour interview. The interview was setup for a week later.
When I arrived at my interview site, The first person I met gave me a tour and we had a little time for Q and A. I then went into a room and completed a written assessment. I did not find it difficult although I do not have the best hand writing and that aspect concerns me. Then I was taken to a computer where I took an online assessment. I can type at 60wpm but that does not matter as you have to listen and type in the boxes as the information is being provided. I would not really have an issue with this but, I was a bit nervous. The tab did not seem to function normally and I was not able to tab through the fields and I was slowed down by that. I can understand this being important, but I don't think it is a good representation as to your ability to type and take instruction when it's a brand new system to you.

I then met with a very nice woman who then started the questions again and we had chatted about the position as well. I felt very comfortable with both of the people I interviewed with, however, I am not sure if I will get this position because of two questions. One in which was the fact that I would like to keep my part time job. I got the impression that the idea of doing something on the side while working with Liberty Mutual is not what they expect. It could be that I just read the reaction wrong, but that is what I picked up from it. The other question of concern was because I was very interested in upward mobility. Although this was a positive response received- it also seemed like I may have been a little too eager for a change in position. That is not what I meant by this and would be happy to have the position I applied for, but just like the person interviewing me, I am sure that they were motivated to take opportunities to move up the ladder when the opportunity is there. After a few more questions, I was escorted to the day, thanked and heard that I should hear within two weeks.

It has now been a week and I have not heard back as of yet but I will report back when I learn the outcome.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2012.

Interview Details – This was a lengthy interview process. It starts with filling out an online application and doing an assessment. Then you are contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview takes about half an hour. If they like your answers, you'll be contacted for your first in person interview, where you will have an interview and have a computer assessment to assess your skills. If you pass that, you come in for a third interview where you shadow a rep. If they like everything they've seen, you're hired.

Interview Question – The assessment was difficult, it was very fast paced and required a written example.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate but probably should have

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!