Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.2

42 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be difficult. There are typically two or three supervisors who each take turns asking you a series of separate questions. Each question is asked in order to receive a very specific and direct answer relating to your actual experience.

Interview Questions
  • None of them are "hard necessarily". You just have to have a good understanding of who you are and where you come from in terms of past employment or career aspirations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Had about a 30 min interview asking basic interview questions. After the interview a personality test was given, sat down to shadow a representative and interviewed with the district manager before being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you helped another employ and why did you do it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Applied Online, Emailed with a link to do an online evaluation that included that included some basic personality questions and a test with some simulated phone calls. Was then contacted for a telephone interview with some basic questions and information about the job. Was then contacted for a face to face interview, the questions asked were mostly similar to the ones mentioned here (come prepared with several different work stories that you can change for the question), then I did a shadow of a CSR for about 30 minutes and a second interview with more of the same stuff as the first. total of about 2 hours.

Interview Questions
    • The last time you asked a supervisor about your work performance and his response.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I initially applied online. I received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview and was told I would receive a call in a week. It's been a week and 2 days. On to the next position. Also, the interviewer told me the salary was lower than what was posted on the ad.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First started with an online assesment. Was then contacted 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. Came in for an in person interview a week later with 2 managers. Asked a lot of situational questions- probably close to 35 questions

Interview Questions
    • Most used analytical skill used in an argument with a co worker   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Filled out an application and a few days later received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a lot of situational questions. The interviewer was late calling and you could tell that she wasn't excited about interviewing. There was no rapport made. Interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember the exact questions, but all the questions started with name a time...,how did you solve or handle the situation, what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

First, i had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me about my background and some behavioral questions. I did pretty good since I had prior claim experience. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a week later. The interview consisted on a 20 minutes job shadow which was very interesting. A written assignment for 2 scenarios. Met with 2 managers and had a online assessment. The whole thing was about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult at all. They were very friendly. The online first part of the assessment was a little challenging for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

There were two interview processes I had to go through. First being a phone interview with a recruiter, with standard questions about past work history and my reasons for wanting to work with the company. I was then offered to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was told to be prepared for being there for four hours, which it actually took two. The first half had me sitting down with two supervisors, asking standard interview questions. It was a fairly easy process that lead me to sitting down with an actual agent, listening in on her calls. I was told the purpose of this was to see if you're a right fit for the company and if you had any questions about what you'd be doing on a daily basis. Then, I was taken to a room to complete online testing, which just had phone call simulations and took roughly 20 minutes. And finally, I met with one of the hiring manager's who asked my reasons for looking into Liberty Mutual and asked me about my personal job experiences in the past. That took all of five minutes and I was on my way.

Interview Questions
    • None. They're just the standard questions- Why do you want to work with Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

I originally got the offer but it was then rescinded due to the fact that they felt I misrepresented myself on my background check. On my resume, I listed the schooling I attended and through that, they assumed I completed this. I made clear during my first interview that I did not and that's when they mentioned how they offer continuing education reimbursement, etc. When going to actually fill out my background information, I specifically didn't list my continuing education because it was not completed. Apparently, because I listed it at all on my resume was reason to consider I misrepresented myself and that's what they originally looked at in hiring me. Then when I finally got the call stating they weren't considering me anymore, I was told that I listed my continuing education on my application, which I then immediately pulled up and saw that I did in fact not. Personally, I feel that this company is shady and if you're going to assume one's education and only look for specific people with a degree, you should certainly mention that in the job description. It has never prevented me from not getting a job of the same caliber considering I have the job experience and I'm in the process of completing my degree.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be time consuming but it's well worth it if you get hired.