Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Sep 22, 2014

3.1

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I initially applied online. I received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview and was told I would receive a call in a week. It's been a week and 2 days. On to the next position. Also, the interviewer told me the salary was lower than what was posted on the ad.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First started with an online assesment. Was then contacted 2 days later to schedule a phone interview. Came in for an in person interview a week later with 2 managers. Asked a lot of situational questions- probably close to 35 questions

Interview Questions
    • Most used analytical skill used in an argument with a co worker   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Filled out an application and a few days later received an email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of a lot of situational questions. The interviewer was late calling and you could tell that she wasn't excited about interviewing. There was no rapport made. Interview lasted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember the exact questions, but all the questions started with name a time...,how did you solve or handle the situation, what was the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Somerset, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ

First, i had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me about my background and some behavioral questions. I did pretty good since I had prior claim experience. They scheduled me for an on-site interview a week later. The interview consisted on a 20 minutes job shadow which was very interesting. A written assignment for 2 scenarios. Met with 2 managers and had a online assessment. The whole thing was about 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult at all. They were very friendly. The online first part of the assessment was a little challenging for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

There were two interview processes I had to go through. First being a phone interview with a recruiter, with standard questions about past work history and my reasons for wanting to work with the company. I was then offered to come in for a face-to-face interview. I was told to be prepared for being there for four hours, which it actually took two. The first half had me sitting down with two supervisors, asking standard interview questions. It was a fairly easy process that lead me to sitting down with an actual agent, listening in on her calls. I was told the purpose of this was to see if you're a right fit for the company and if you had any questions about what you'd be doing on a daily basis. Then, I was taken to a room to complete online testing, which just had phone call simulations and took roughly 20 minutes. And finally, I met with one of the hiring manager's who asked my reasons for looking into Liberty Mutual and asked me about my personal job experiences in the past. That took all of five minutes and I was on my way.

Interview Questions
    • None. They're just the standard questions- Why do you want to work with Liberty Mutual? What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

I originally got the offer but it was then rescinded due to the fact that they felt I misrepresented myself on my background check. On my resume, I listed the schooling I attended and through that, they assumed I completed this. I made clear during my first interview that I did not and that's when they mentioned how they offer continuing education reimbursement, etc. When going to actually fill out my background information, I specifically didn't list my continuing education because it was not completed. Apparently, because I listed it at all on my resume was reason to consider I misrepresented myself and that's what they originally looked at in hiring me. Then when I finally got the call stating they weren't considering me anymore, I was told that I listed my continuing education on my application, which I then immediately pulled up and saw that I did in fact not. Personally, I feel that this company is shady and if you're going to assume one's education and only look for specific people with a degree, you should certainly mention that in the job description. It has never prevented me from not getting a job of the same caliber considering I have the job experience and I'm in the process of completing my degree.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The hiring process can be time consuming but it's well worth it if you get hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

When I first walked in the receptionist was welcoming. There was a group of us waiting to be interviewed. We all entered into the training room, where an over view of the company was given. After which, questions where answered and then we were shuffled off to one on one interviews. My interview had a lot of personality. He was great, I has a few questions which he happily answered. It was a great experience. After your one on one, you sit with a rep to get a up close of how the process works. Mine was great, I enjoyed it. I looked around a bit and noticed friendly people in an upbeat environment.

Interview Questions
    • During my interview, the basic customer service questions came up. The only one I remember is, Name a time where you had a difficult customer, give the situation, and process you used to solve the problem. Not hard at all.   Answer Question
    Just be your self and be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, next day got a call and an email to set up phone interview. Phone interview was great. Was asked about job experience, and what I know about the company. Then I was told that hiring manager will call me next week to set up a face to face interview. Got a call from him an hour later, and have a date set up already, and looking forward to it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Was first asked to complete on online application, then a phone interview, lastly was the in person interview. At the in person interview, you sit with a current employee and listen in on their calls for about 45 minutes, management then conducts two more interviews with two managers at each interview. Had received a call on the way home to let them know I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had improved on a process at your place of employment.   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!