Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and they made me feel really comfortable. I did my research before I applied and from what I saw this will be a great company to work for. When I went for my in person interview I sat and watched someone perform the role then they brought me into a room where different managers/supervisors came in and asked typical interview questions. Just make sure that you are open and honest. The interview process was a little harder than most but I think its well worth it to work for such a great company!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at liberty mutual?

**note** Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment and any jobs that you weren't at very long

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

A face to face meeting with a local manager and I had to complete an evaluation on a computer. I was then invited to a face to face meeting with the area manager. Both meetings were comfortable not stressful.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide a customer service experience where you were the customer and wasn't satisfied with the final outcome?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not up to par with other interviews I had even during that day. I was basically told how I wasn't going to succeed in the work place. Repeatedly was belittled, asked the same exact question for about twenty minutes straight. Don't really understand how you can make a hiring decision off of "Explain a time where you didn't get along with a coworker questions"..... Sorry I've never had an ordeal in the workplace Liberty Mutual. Don't really Understand why the focus was around that so much. I was even given a chance to observe their current employees work and some were in jeans and tank tops looked like they just got back from their high school volleyball game. So to tell someone they aren't qualified when I can look around a room and see that this a first job for a handful of your current employees. Who look as though they have no work history and this call center was their first calling. I was supposed to have a second interview that same day, they said the second interviewer was "busy" and they would reschedule for me to drive 30 mins back there to have a 2nd interview. She proceeded to walk me out, told me to go home research and think if this is really something I am cut out to do, make sure this is my path.. I actually waited to see if they would schedule another interview, and actually never heard anything back. One of the most disrespectful interviews I've ever participated in. When they turned to me and asked if I had any questions I looked at both of them and asked how long have they been at Liberty one said 3 years and one said 11 years. How is that long enough at all to even have the knowledge to tell someone they aren't capable of doing something.... My recruiter Brian was amazing, but my interviewers were horrendous.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had to confront a coworker about their effort? Share a time when you and a peer didn't get along? Share a time you didn't agree with another coworkers decision?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Tampa, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and did the usual online testing. Received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of weeks later. The Recruiting Coordinator who set it up told me to email her if the Recruiter is over 15 minutes late calling me after the schedule appointment time.
    Well, the recruiter ended up being over 30 minutes late calling me and left a voicemail to call her back, (in an obvious irritated tone). She did not even apologize for being late. (I was doing something else at the time and could not take the call since this was over a half hour later).
    I had emailed the Coordinator at exactly 15 minutes. She got back to me 3 hours later and apologized. She would reschedule the phone interview with the recruiter. I never heard back from anybody.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Online test, 45 minute phone interview with recruiter and 2.5 hour in person interview at the call center. I first met 3 other applicants in a room and a supervisor came in to show us a video about the center. The video was so low budget it was embarrassing . The supervisor sat her phone and text the whole time we watched to video. We were each escorted to room to meet with our interviewers. I met with 2 men. One nice young guy and the sother cond man was older, no personality and very short with me. He would cut me off during my answer by saying "Okay okay" as if he was done hearing me speak. He also made faces at everything I said! Such a rude man! Come to find out he was a supervisor in retention not in customer service. They finished their questions and told me I would be meeting another manager in about 15 minutes. The next man comes in and is very flirty and keeps looking at my chest. He bragged about being there for over 20 years. We talked for about 20 minutes and I cut it short because I felt uncomfortable. The call center was very dingy, worn down and the equipment was not up to date. The cubes looked so dirty and the people did not look professional. They said the center was business casual but people had on sweatshirt, skinny jeans and tanks. I received a email a few days later saying they had pursued other applicants.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee for this position. Received an email pointing me to an online assessment test which took about an hour and included various role playing scenarios for a customer service rep, and then a few personality tests. After that, I received an email request for scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. Then I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at the call center. This was done in a small group and began with a powerpoint presentation of an overview of the job and the company. Then I had 2 half hour interviews with a different supervisor for each. I felt I had a good rapport with each of them, and felt comfortable answering the questions. After that, I sat and watched/listened to a customer rep for a half hour. They told me I would hear in about a week, but I got an email the next day saying they were not going to hire me. I heard from the employee who recommended me that out of 12 people who were interviewed that day only 4 passed.
    This process took almost an entire day out of my life, and am chalking it up to a good opportunity for practice.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were asking me to give an example of how I dealt with difficult job situations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview and they were very friendly. But if you go to school they will not work around school schedule. But their salary is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• It was actually easy they only asked three questions. Pretty much phone situations if there is a problem with a customer and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the following week I received an e-mail from the Human resource that they would like to schedule a phone interview. I was so exited. The person that conducted my phone interview was very nice and wanted me to come in for an onsite interview. I went to Liberty Mutual for the onsite interview and all of the people I spoke with was very nice. The 2 1/2 hour interview that I was so nervous for and dreading went very smooth and before I knew it I was done. It was great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth process the background check on the other hand is very stressful because I am a worry wort.