Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2014
Updated Jun 22, 2014
35 interviews

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2013.

Applied online and within a week was contacted to set up a phone interview. Then was asked to come in for a face to face. The face to face involved a job shadow skill test and two 45 minute interviews. Let me know seven days after the face to face

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied online then I received an assessment link through email. Following this I was called to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview lasted around 20 mins. Then I was told that I would be contacted for a n interview with the field manager. One of the things they looked at is if you had any experience in dealing individuals. Bilingual is a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a situation when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

Referred by a friend but we didn't do the referral process correctly (the employee needs to refer you via the website...don't start the app process before doing this or it takes longer!) Submitted app/resume online. Got a call for a phone interview within a week. Talked to a recruiter for about a half hour, basic questions; she asked me to come down (from NC to FL) for a face-to-face (no Skype allowed, apparently.) Drove down, interviewed on a Friday afternoon. First was a skills assessment on a computer, alone in a room. Then I interviewed with two different supervisors, separately, and had a quick chat with a site manager. The questions were somewhat unusual (compared to the generic ones I expected) and each one called for a specific example. The first supervisor was very personable and casual; the second was very intimidating (later learned, this is just how she appears;) the manager was very nice. *** If you can get a laugh out of them, you're golden! *** The total interview process that day took about three hours. The next week, I heard from my friend that everything went well. Waited for a call....and waited...and waited... I think it took almost two weeks to get the official offer (via phone call.) Received the written offer via email and started the background check. (The background check is VERY detailed.)

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time that you were tasked with a difficult assignment and had no help to prepare.   View Answer
    I already knew the salary range for the position (31,300 - 33,700.) I requested 33,000-33,500. They gave me 33,700. No negotiation needed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied online end of Jan, had to take a 30+ min exam online along with the application. That was cake if your intelligent at all. I actually forgot about this entirely until March 1st i got an email asking me to come in for a 4 hour day of interviewing/shadowing/etc. When i replied YES it was scheduled for the following day.

When i arrived it was myself and 5 other candidates. Honestly i almost left at that moment because it was all older men and women in suits and i felt out of place and insecure, however im glad i stayed...never sell yourself short! We were escorted into a projection room where there was a very nice young man talking about the company and showing slide show, we were free to ask questions.

Next, we were each directed to someones desk that was on the phones working. I had a nice younger woman who was plesant enough, there was not too much interaction because the calls are on top of each other. Finally after 30-40 mins (went by slow because you are seated kinda far away from them on the computer so u cant see anythng on the computer so you really have no idea whats going on, i just acted interested and kept asking questions when i could) someone came to whisk me away to the interview room.

First interview was about 25 mins with a nice woman that had a tongue ring so i felt a little relaxed with her . She was easy to talk to and asked me about 5 questions, they were behavioral , i dont remember any of them i do know they were basic however the first one threw me off because i didnt have a story at hand to tell for that particular question. You should always have 5-10 stories about your work history ready to go. I had 4 stories and it was not enough...so i had to wing it. We finished ahead of time (she made a comment about it) so she asked me if there was anything else that i wanted her to know about me. Next she told me someone would be in to also interview me directly after.

I waited about 3-4 mins and i was glad it was a young gentlemen with braces, really made me feel less intimidated! BUT his questions were harder and i was nervous because i already used all my ready made stories!! But i fumbled through it...he kept probing me for more and more, "and what did you do to resolve that?" etc.

After we finished up (2nd interview was another 25 or so mins) i was escorted to a room with computers so i could take the assesment tests. This was about 45 mins and again it was fairly easy if u know customer service, and then personality test. THEN I WAS DONE.

I was told i would hear in 5-10 biz days....its been a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a irate customer and what steps did you take to resolve it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your biggest acheivement at work   Answer Question
    they really need to have an option that says DONT KNOW YET. i dont know if i got an offer yet but i wanted to post the interview while it was fresh in my mind. This site really helped me when i was prepping for this interview, hope it helps someone else!

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process is long, several weeks from time of online application to phone interview and request for on-site interview, and then another two weeks to hear from them about job offer, or not. But, it is very thorough. I appreciate the scrutiny because it shows their commitment to hiring employees they actually know will be able to do the job, especially with the online evaluations. There is one evaluation (basic personality and work-style and work ethic evaluation) when the online application is made. The next step is a phone interview in which the interviewer provides detailed information about the job requirements - hours, salary, etc. The interviewer then sends you on to an on-site interview, provided you feel like a generally good fit for the co. and job. The on-site interview takes a few hours and includes more personality, work-style online evaluations and several simulated CSR situations and coding questions. Waiting to hear from them at this point.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time when you did something that improved the production or work flow of a workplace   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Phone interview, 1:1 interview, received phone call with offer from HR representative

Anonymous Employee  in  North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in North Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

When I went for the interview, I had to take another assessment test ( which I took when I completed the application online) which took about 20 mins. Then they proceeded to ask me questions about my resume. After that I went and shadowed one of the cust. serv. rep for about 30 mins to get a feel of the job. And then had to go thru more interview questions, about 6 behaviorial questions. The process took about 3 1/2 hours. After the initial interview, I had a phone interview which took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • They asked "Tell me about a time when you had to rally support from your coworkers to get a project done?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2012.

I applied online to a job posting via their website. They asked me to complete an aptitude test, which apparently I passed. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview which apparently I also passed. I was then asked to go in to the office for a full day of shadowing. Before I had a change to do this I was offered a position with another company. LM has a very drawn out hiring process!

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about how you have dealt with tough situations...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2011.

Phone interview that lasts about 15 minutes than in-person interview with managers, testing and job shadowing that last about 3 hours. Phone interviewer seemed nervous and unsure of how to go about asking questions. In person interviewers read right off a sheet and it seemed rote and impersonal. Call backs not made within time specified.

Interview Questions
    • Name something you did at a your prior position that went over and above the job expectations, that you weren't asked to do, that helped the office.   View Answer
    There was none. Salaries are set for specific jobs

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2012.

The initial interview process was very basic. I was interviewed by a supervisor who asked me why I felt that I wanted to work in the auto insurance industry. She did come out and was very honest that the job is one that a person would be sitting all the time and will have scheduled breaks with no down time. I was glad that she did not sugar coat the position.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult or unexpected. Just be prepared to be there for three to four hours.   Answer Question

pay was very low and the hours were from 3 to 11 four days a week. Saturday, all day.