Liberty Mutual Insurance Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee for this position. Received an email pointing me to an online assessment test which took about an hour and included various role playing scenarios for a customer service rep, and then a few personality tests. After that, I received an email request for scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. Then I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at the call center. This was done in a small group and began with a powerpoint presentation of an overview of the job and the company. Then I had 2 half hour interviews with a different supervisor for each. I felt I had a good rapport with each of them, and felt comfortable answering the questions. After that, I sat and watched/listened to a customer rep for a half hour. They told me I would hear in about a week, but I got an email the next day saying they were not going to hire me. I heard from the employee who recommended me that out of 12 people who were interviewed that day only 4 passed. This process took almost an entire day out of my life, and am chalking it up to a good opportunity for practice.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were asking me to give an example of how I dealt with difficult job situations.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview and they were very friendly. But if you go to school they will not work around school schedule. But their salary is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• It was actually easy they only asked three questions. Pretty much phone situations if there is a problem with a customer and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the following week I received an e-mail from the Human resource that they would like to schedule a phone interview. I was so exited. The person that conducted my phone interview was very nice and wanted me to come in for an onsite interview. I went to Liberty Mutual for the onsite interview and all of the people I spoke with was very nice. The 2 1/2 hour interview that I was so nervous for and dreading went very smooth and before I knew it I was done. It was great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth process the background check on the other hand is very stressful because I am a worry wort.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied online & a recruiter emailed me the following day at the end of business day asking if I could be available to do a phone interview at one of two times the following day. It felt very rushed & unprofessional. I set up a time & the recruiting called late, said my name wrong several times, even after I politely & respectfully corrected her, & was very curt throughout the interview. All in all, the interview was disappointing & the recruiter was rude. The day after the phone interview I received an email stating they wouldn't be moving forward with my application which was a relief & expected.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The hiring process can be difficult. There are typically two or three supervisors who each take turns asking you a series of separate questions. Each question is asked in order to receive a very specific and direct answer relating to your actual experience.

Interview Questions

• None of them are "hard necessarily". You just have to have a good understanding of who you are and where you come from in terms of past employment or career aspirations.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Had about a 30 min interview asking basic interview questions. After the interview a personality test was given, sat down to shadow a representative and interviewed with the district manager before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped another employ and why did you do it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, Emailed with a link to do an online evaluation that included that included some basic personality questions and a test with some simulated phone calls. Was then contacted for a telephone interview with some basic questions and information about the job. Was then contacted for a face to face interview, the questions asked were mostly similar to the ones mentioned here (come prepared with several different work stories that you can change for the question), then I did a shadow of a CSR for about 30 minutes and a second interview with more of the same stuff as the first. total of about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• The last time you asked a supervisor about your work performance and his response.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I initially applied online. I received an email a couple of weeks later to set up a phone interview. I went through the phone interview and was told I would receive a call in a week. It's been a week and 2 days. On to the next position. Also, the interviewer told me the salary was lower than what was posted on the ad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question