Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Oct 10, 2014

2.8

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

I applied online and received email to set up a phone interview two days later. I did well on that interview and set up final interview a week later. The final interview lasted three hours. It consisted of two interviews with two different managers, job shadowing and written assessment. The hiring managers were nice and the interview went well

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. I told the recruiter what I wanted during the phone interview and I got what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

As with all companies, I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very generic. She asked the usual questions. I was selected for the final interview. The final interview was at the campus in Irving, TX. I arrived at 8th and didn't leave until noon. During that time, we (a group of six applicants) were introduced to the company by one of the managers. I sat side by side with someone who is currently doing the same job as I was applying for, and I took a written assessment. After the written assessment was complete, I sat down for a face to face interview. This would be the first of two face to face interviews. After the face to face interview, I completed a online assessment. The final interview was done right after that. I was told that I would receive a call within a week or two if chosen. I got a call about 3 hours after the interview and was offered the job. I am very excited about the opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the salary they offered was quite a bit higher than what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

I applied online and received a call back a week later from a recruiter saying she needed a few minutes of my time. The recruiter starts to tell me about the job than proceeds to tell me she had 3 questions to ask me. At the end of the interview she stated she would give my information to the hiring managers and I would hear something in a couple days. Two days later on a Friday I received a rejection email. The whole interview process took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you solve the issue?
      Tell me why you're leaving your current job?
      Why do you want to work for liberty mutual?

Answer Question

Claims Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

First phase: Applied online, including personality and skill inventory.

Second phase: Phone call with campus recruiter. Lots of STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...") Also had to email unofficial transcript to verify GPA

Third phase: In person interview with claims team managers. Again, lots more STAR questions covering every job listed on my resume. Also had a 'job shadow' but this consisted of nothing more than talking to an employee - she didn't do any work for the 10 minutes I was with her. Still, it was a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture.

After that, recruiter got in touch with me a couple times to keep me updated on where they were in the hiring process. In the end I got another offer before they finished.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   Answer Question

Claims Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

I applied for the internship through my college career page and I received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview went well, it was mainly talking about my resume and a few scenario-based questions. A week later I received a call that I was invited to the office for the in-person interview. I first met with two managers in Workers Comp, and it was all scenario-based questions. Then I met with the manager for Auto-Claims and it was the same type of questions. About two weeks after the interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I knew anything about the insurance industry, so make sure to do research beforehand.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I initially received and email asking to reply back to schedule a phone interview. the email was from an unmanned email address. Luckily i was able to guess the senders email address using the name signed at the bottom and Google. I got an email from another person the next day confirming the date. On the day i got a call and proceeded with a phone interview. Pretty standard. STAR questions and prior work review. then a onsite interview was scheduled. I arrived 30 minutes early. Basically similar behavioral questions as on the phone, prior work review. Then i was interviewed by a second manager. Same material basically. I was told they still had people to interview and i should know in a couple of days. Interview lasted about 2 hours and I thought it went well. Soon after I received a rejection via email.

Claims Rotational Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I found a position for a claims rotational program on the Liberty Mutual website, and it seemed like a pretty solid position, so I applied. I received an email stating that I needed to take a 45 minute "personality test", which wasn't anything difficult. Within two days, I received a phone call stating that they wanted to set up a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview consisted of several behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you had to [situation]...". It was my first phone interview, so I was a little stressed. At the end of the interview, I was told they would like me to come in for an interview at their Irving, Texas office a week later. The in-person interview was very relaxed, and a "one on one" interview with two separate supervisors. They asked me several more of the behavioral type questions found in the phone interview. Four days after my interview, I was offered the position. Unlike some of the other reviews I've read here, the process took me no longer than about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • -Tell me about a time when you had several tasks, and a major event happened which required you to adapt to the situation.
      -Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry or unruly customer, and how did you resolve the situation.
      -A bunch of other questions like the above two, but I cant remember them at the moment.

Answer Question
    The compensation and benefits package were already very competitive, so I did not negotiate.

Insuance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Had a phone interview and was asked questions about previous job. What I like most about previous job and least. Describe a time when I improved a process and what the outcome was. Was set up for a second face to face.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad new to a fellow employee. Not a supervisor or manager so did not have this experience.   View Answer

Claims Development Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

Applied through Campus Recruiting Page.
    I received a phone interview and was immediately offered an interview on-site.
    Everything was paid for: hotel, food, plane, etc.

Info Session, One-on-One interview, Lunch, Q&A, One-on-One interview, Closing Q&A session.

All behavioral questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced a difficult challenge and had to use a creative solution to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2013.

PLEASE READ AS I JUST INTERVIEWED A FEW DAYS AGO!

Applied online, rcved call from recruiter a few weeks later. 30 min phone screen, advised be specific as possible. She will schedule the interview right then and there if she is interested. Be ready to answer some behavioral based questions via phone. If the recruiter is not interested she will say "I will forward this to our hiring manager." This means she is not interested in you. The intial interview is with four other people. Something they call "batch day." They will take you into a room and show you a powerpoint presentation about the comapny. It is good information but make sure that you do study the company before you go.
    After that the group splits up into different roles. One will interview with the manager one will job shadow and one will take the assessment. I was the first one to interview. The interview questions are behavioral type questions, and they want you to be very specific. Most of the interview questions on here are what they asked so make sure you have some type of senarios in your head to give. After I interviewed with one manager i Job shadowed with an employee. Ask questions!!! After that I interviewed with another manager and took my assesment. The assesment consists of reading codes.. this is the only one that is kinda difficult, just pay attention read the directions closely and you should be fine. The second assement is like a call simulation... so the customer calls in u enter the appropriate information. That one is easy if you have had call center experience.. and if not its really not that diffcult. After that you have a personality assessment. These are all via computer and you have 10 min for the first one, 30 for the second one, and no time limit on the personality one. Be prepared to be here for a few hours. I got there at 830 and left at 12. It was tiring. But liberty mutual is a good company.
    I rcved an email requesting more information for my background check a few hours later.. so that is your clue that you were selected.

Interview Questions
    • Interview process is lengthy and very detailed.. be prepared to give some good impressive examples. What motivates you to go to work? Why Should I hire you? Why liberty mutual? Name a time you had to give complex instructions to someone? Name a time you took lead of a situation? What would your boss say is your weakness/ strengths? Name a time you had to give bad news to someone? Name a time you had to make a decision off little information? Where do you see yourself in the future?   View Answers (2)
    It just depends on experience, but the entry level starting salary is good.