Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Plano, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and they made me feel really comfortable. I did my research before I applied and from what I saw this will be a great company to work for. When I went for my in person interview I sat and watched someone perform the role then they brought me into a room where different managers/supervisors came in and asked typical interview questions. Just make sure that you are open and honest. The interview process was a little harder than most but I think its well worth it to work for such a great company!

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply at liberty mutual?

**note** Be prepared to explain any gaps in employment and any jobs that you weren't at very long

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took assessment. About a week later I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for a couple days later. Basic questions and the lady was nice. She explained the pay and benefits. She also asked If I had any questions. Overall it was a quick experience.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my last job? Why I would make a good sales rep??   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was with a representative from the home office at a hotel. I arrived early and waited until the interviewer was ready. Only a few questions were asked and overall it was a very easy, comfortable process. The entire interview was over in 10 minutes. Very professional, easy going interviewer who seemed to care about the internship position and finding the best availble applicant. The company was only searching for 3 interns.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received email to set up a phone interview two days later. I did well on that interview and set up final interview a week later. The final interview lasted three hours. It consisted of two interviews with two different managers, job shadowing and written assessment. The hiring managers were nice and the interview went well

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. I told the recruiter what I wanted during the phone interview and I got what I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

As with all companies, I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very generic. She asked the usual questions. I was selected for the final interview. The final interview was at the campus in Irving, TX. I arrived at 8th and didn't leave until noon. During that time, we (a group of six applicants) were introduced to the company by one of the managers. I sat side by side with someone who is currently doing the same job as I was applying for, and I took a written assessment. After the written assessment was complete, I sat down for a face to face interview. This would be the first of two face to face interviews. After the face to face interview, I completed a online assessment. The final interview was done right after that. I was told that I would receive a call within a week or two if chosen. I got a call about 3 hours after the interview and was offered the job. I am very excited about the opportunity!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the salary they offered was quite a bit higher than what I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back a week later from a recruiter saying she needed a few minutes of my time. The recruiter starts to tell me about the job than proceeds to tell me she had 3 questions to ask me. At the end of the interview she stated she would give my information to the hiring managers and I would hear something in a couple days. Two days later on a Friday I received a rejection email. The whole interview process took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you solve the issue?
      Tell me why you're leaving your current job?
      Why do you want to work for liberty mutual?

Claims Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First phase: Applied online, including personality and skill inventory.

Second phase: Phone call with campus recruiter. Lots of STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...") Also had to email unofficial transcript to verify GPA

Third phase: In person interview with claims team managers. Again, lots more STAR questions covering every job listed on my resume. Also had a 'job shadow' but this consisted of nothing more than talking to an employee - she didn't do any work for the 10 minutes I was with her. Still, it was a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture.

After that, recruiter got in touch with me a couple times to keep me updated on where they were in the hiring process. In the end I got another offer before they finished.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   Answer Question

Claims Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the internship through my college career page and I received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview went well, it was mainly talking about my resume and a few scenario-based questions. A week later I received a call that I was invited to the office for the in-person interview. I first met with two managers in Workers Comp, and it was all scenario-based questions. Then I met with the manager for Auto-Claims and it was the same type of questions. About two weeks after the interview, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I knew anything about the insurance industry, so make sure to do research beforehand.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I initially received and email asking to reply back to schedule a phone interview. the email was from an unmanned email address. Luckily i was able to guess the senders email address using the name signed at the bottom and Google. I got an email from another person the next day confirming the date. On the day i got a call and proceeded with a phone interview. Pretty standard. STAR questions and prior work review. then a onsite interview was scheduled. I arrived 30 minutes early. Basically similar behavioral questions as on the phone, prior work review. Then i was interviewed by a second manager. Same material basically. I was told they still had people to interview and i should know in a couple of days. Interview lasted about 2 hours and I thought it went well. Soon after I received a rejection via email.

Claims Rotational Program Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Irving, TX).

Interview

I found a position for a claims rotational program on the Liberty Mutual website, and it seemed like a pretty solid position, so I applied. I received an email stating that I needed to take a 45 minute "personality test", which wasn't anything difficult. Within two days, I received a phone call stating that they wanted to set up a phone interview for the following week. The phone interview consisted of several behavioral based questions, such as "Tell me about a time when you had to [situation]...". It was my first phone interview, so I was a little stressed. At the end of the interview, I was told they would like me to come in for an interview at their Irving, Texas office a week later. The in-person interview was very relaxed, and a "one on one" interview with two separate supervisors. They asked me several more of the behavioral type questions found in the phone interview. Four days after my interview, I was offered the position. Unlike some of the other reviews I've read here, the process took me no longer than about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time when you had several tasks, and a major event happened which required you to adapt to the situation.
      -Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry or unruly customer, and how did you resolve the situation.
      -A bunch of other questions like the above two, but I cant remember them at the moment.

Answer Question

Negotiation

The compensation and benefits package were already very competitive, so I did not negotiate.