Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied on company's website. There is an IQ test pretty much that is required and takes around 45-50 minutes to complete. Have a pencil and paper ready. I heard back within a week and was e-mailed asking for my college transcript and to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and was full of generic behavioral questions, and they asked about things on my resume.

I was contacted after the interview asking for an on-site interview in Dover, NH. It was with a Director and an Assistant Director at the same time. They asked questions about my resume and wanted specific examples of projects I had worked on, etc. This interview was less of the BS behavioral questions and more of "do you sound like you know what you're doing?" I threw around as many big words as I could think of and I was offered the internship about two weeks after that.

Once you get an offer, they do a pretty intense background check. Make sure you talk to all your former employers and warn them (if necessary) because the WILL call them if you list them.

Interview Question – Can you provide a specific example of a project you've worked on using SAS?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied for position and heard from recruiter within 2 weeks. Scheduled phone interview a week out. Phone interview discussed previous and current work experience. Heard from recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. This was a 3 hour interview with 4 different people within the department. Heard a month or so later with an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you knew your manager was wrong about something and you knew you were right. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Business Analyst Intern
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a video interview with one of the recruiters. Very easy going and was easy to talk to. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Also asked a lot about school and different classes that I have taken within my major. Asked why I chose my major and to describe a situation in which I was able to use persuasion to influence someone to see things my way.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea to your coworkers? How did you do it? Did they buy it?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Executive Interview

Administrative Executive
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, a recruiter then called me for a basic phone screen lasting 20 minutes or so. She then referred me to the hiring manager on-campus. This was about a 45 minute interview. The woman was professional but looked unhappy to be there/ tired. She asked me many questions off a piece of paper that really had nothing to do with the actual position which was basically filling out paperwork all day. The job seemed very redundant and thats what i told her was my least favorite aspect of my current job. I wasn't surprised when I got a call a week later and had been told they hired a temp. Wouldn't have considered it anyways as everyone in the department was silent and looked miserable!

Liberty is a great company but it is definitely for people who are totally willing to play the "corporate game"

Interview Question – cookie cutter   Answer Question

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Actuarial Trainee
Dover, NH

Interview Details – I initially applied online, and had a phone screen. Afterwards I was invited on site for 6 hours to interview with several actuaries, and in between two younger actuarial students took me out to lunch to talk about their working experience. During the interviews, we talked about exam support, my background, etc. Everyone seemed very happy to work there and it seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Question – How would you describe what an annuity is to my grandmother?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Senior Data Analyst
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – Moved within, met with multiple people asking some generic behavioral questions. Where do you see yourself, what makes you qualified...

Interview Question – Since working in an EDW, what is the advantages of a star schema.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, moved right into the role.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern
Dover, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – One phone call interview with HR and one Lync Interview with Manager/Director of team.

Interview Question – Talked about the projects I've completed, how I implemented them, my job experience, my team skills, what I hope to learn, what I have learned, how I have improved over time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

Tax Analyst II Interview

Tax Analyst II
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – I first received a call from a placement company interested in my resume. There was a lengthy, three week process for the background check which was performed by a third company. Once cleared, I received a call from the placement company requesting I come in for an interview at Liberty Mutual Insurance. Once at the interview I felt very comfortable with the senior accountant who was asking about my experience and describing the position. I was told there were two other candidates to be interviewed but would be hearing back very soon. By the end of the following week I was offered the position.

Interview Question – I asked the most difficult question which was if he was interested in hiring me and he laughed and said he I had two others to interview. I then asked if he were finished interviewing would he offer me the job and he said yes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round was a phone interview with a recruiter, all pretty basic questions like, "Why do you want this position? or "Talk about your leadership experience?" A week after, I received a phone call from HR telling me that they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview ended up being three interviews with three different hiring managers. A lot of the questions the questions started "tell me about a time..." but nothing out of the ordinary. After the weekend, I got another phone call telling me that I have received the offer and I accepted. They will send me the paperwork as soon as they do a background check.

Interview Question – All the questions were either behavioral or about my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, money was good.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Dover, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2012.

Interview Details – There is usually a series of interviews with HR and different hiring managers

Interview Question – Give an example of when you have taken leadership in a team.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance interview questions and advice in Dover, NH. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.