Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Dover, NH

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.5

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH).

Interview

I had to apply over 20 times and interviewed for another position before I got in. The process is lengthy and never the timeline they say. Don't get discouraged if they don't contact you in the timeframe they say. You will get an email rejection as soon as they know you are not the person for the job, EVERY time.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement?   1 Answer
    • Why you for this job? What sets you apart from other applicants?   1 Answer
    • Tell me a time when you had to make a decision at work and didn't have all the facts. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to do something difficult at work and how did you approach the situation.   Answer Question
    • What's your greatest weakness and how do you work on improving it?   1 Answer

Project Leader - Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in June 2014.

Interview

Thorough and lengthy process. It took a total of 7 weeks from the initial phone screen with the recruiter to verbal job offer. There were 3 separate on-site visits; all one-on-one interviews with the hiring manager, HR generalist and 4 VPs. Liberty Mutual follows the STAR format for interviews with no trick questions. The dialogue exchange Is meant to see how your skills relate to the position and if there is a cultural and personality fit. Research the company and position and make sure you have quality questions prepared. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly. The job offer is contingent on passing a background and reference check, which they initiate once you verbally accept. On-boarding and benefits enrollment are done online while that process is taking place.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Liberty Mutual posts all their open positions along with the salary range online. There is no second guessing the compensation piece. Where you fall within that range depends on your experience. I was able to discuss this with them and managed to increase the number slightly from their original offer.

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH).

Interview

Applied on company's website. There is an IQ test pretty much that is required and takes around 45-50 minutes to complete. Have a pencil and paper ready. I heard back within a week and was e-mailed asking for my college transcript and to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview lasted 30 minutes and was full of generic behavioral questions, and they asked about things on my resume. I was contacted after the interview asking for an on-site interview in Dover, NH. It was with a Director and an Assistant Director at the same time. They asked questions about my resume and wanted specific examples of projects I had worked on, etc. This interview was less of the BS behavioral questions and more of "do you sound like you know what you're doing?" I threw around as many big words as I could think of and I was offered the internship about two weeks after that. Once you get an offer, they do a pretty intense background check. Make sure you talk to all your former employers and warn them (if necessary) because the WILL call them if you list them.

Interview Questions

• Can you provide a specific example of a project you've worked on using SAS?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH).

Interview

Applied for position and heard from recruiter within 2 weeks. Scheduled phone interview a week out. Phone interview discussed previous and current work experience. Heard from recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. This was a 3 hour interview with 4 different people within the department. Heard a month or so later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew your manager was wrong about something and you knew you were right. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in May 2014.

Interview

One phone screening with a recruiter. Then you have to complete an online personality quiz. Finally, a 1.5-hour long video conference call with the hiring manager. After an offer was made, they gave me an option to visit the campus and meet with the team before deciding to accept.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. Couple of questions on basic object-oriented programming.   Answer Question

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Application

Interview

I initially applied online, and had a phone screen. Afterwards I was invited on site for 6 hours to interview with several actuaries, and in between two younger actuarial students took me out to lunch to talk about their working experience. During the interviews, we talked about exam support, my background, etc. Everyone seemed very happy to work there and it seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe what an annuity is to my grandmother?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a video interview with one of the recruiters. Very easy going and was easy to talk to. Asked a lot of behavioral questions. Also asked a lot about school and different classes that I have taken within my major. Asked why I chose my major and to describe a situation in which I was able to use persuasion to influence someone to see things my way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea to your coworkers? How did you do it? Did they buy it?   1 Answer

Administrative Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, a recruiter then called me for a basic phone screen lasting 20 minutes or so. She then referred me to the hiring manager on-campus. This was about a 45 minute interview. The woman was professional but looked unhappy to be there/ tired. She asked me many questions off a piece of paper that really had nothing to do with the actual position which was basically filling out paperwork all day. The job seemed very redundant and thats what i told her was my least favorite aspect of my current job. I wasn't surprised when I got a call a week later and had been told they hired a temp. Wouldn't have considered it anyways as everyone in the department was silent and looked miserable! Liberty is a great company but it is definitely for people who are totally willing to play the "corporate game"

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in April 2013.

Interview

1st round was a phone interview with a recruiter, all pretty basic questions like, "Why do you want this position? or "Talk about your leadership experience?" A week after, I received a phone call from HR telling me that they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. The on-site interview ended up being three interviews with three different hiring managers. A lot of the questions the questions started "tell me about a time..." but nothing out of the ordinary. After the weekend, I got another phone call telling me that I have received the offer and I accepted. They will send me the paperwork as soon as they do a background check.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either behavioral or about my resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, money was good.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview with HR and one Lync Interview with Manager/Director of team.

Interview Questions

• Talked about the projects I've completed, how I implemented them, my job experience, my team skills, what I hope to learn, what I have learned, how I have improved over time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.