Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw their posting on my school's career website and submitted my application on their website. The total time from application submission to offer is about 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after my submission. I had 3 interviews in total (screening with HR, manager, current employees in department I'm potentially being hired into), and they were via video (MS Lync) and phone. All of the people I talked to were really nice, and I was able to ask them a lot of questions about the company as well as the position I'm applying for. They ask you about your experiences and skills, and they ask some general technical questions but no coding. You will be communicating with the recruiters through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied through Liberty Mutual job board. The process began in late November and took about 3 weeks. I had one initial video interview with an IT HR manager and a final round video interview with assignment managers. Interviews were largely behavioral-based about your technical experience (ex. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult IT project and how you handled it...)

Interview Questions

• They went through a list of technologies (Java, HTML, SQL, etc.) and asked me to rate my proficiency from 1-5 in each category. They explicitly said that this wasn't to test me, but rather to see what my current skillset was.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Location was open for negotiation.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Took two months. Interview with HR, 2 managers from same division and TDP program. Pretty basic questions, mostly behavioral. Nothing unexpected. All managers I interviewed with were courteous and pleasant to deal with. Offer was given over the phone and got letter by email the next day.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my campus career website and received an interview request about 2 weeks after. Had an initial Lynx interview with a senior via webchat, then had a second round (however was referred to another) then another interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior questions, but they did poke at your technical skills lightly.   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews, questions not focused on the actual duties.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. In the second round, a group of us interviewees got to ask a panel of recently hired staff questions. The 2nd and 3rd round, had two non-HR interviewers, while the first only had a HR representative.

Interview Questions

• None - most questions were regarding past work/school history.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in November 2012.

Interview

There is usually a series of interviews with HR and different hiring managers

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have taken leadership in a team.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Began with screening interview and talking with recruiters via e-mail, then was interviewed via video chat by 2 area managers. Was offered an office visit/in person interview. Finally a follow up phone interview before job offer.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in January 2012.

Interview

There were 2 phase:
    1st Phase:
    - I was interviewed by HR for initial Screening
    2nd Phase:
    - I was interviewed by two different Manager from different department back to back.
    Final Phase:
    - After passing the 2 phases of interviews, I recieved a offer letter after 2 days from the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Major and why did you choose your school?   Answer Question
    • Were there situation, when the project you were working on, did go as planned?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, i was not able to negotiate.

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in November 2011.

Interview

6 Interviews including a phone screen. Everyone who I spoke to was truly professional and easy to talk to. Questions became a little redundant after the 4th interview.