Liberty Mutual Insurance

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Interviews, questions not focused on the actual duties.

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

IT Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Took two months. Interview with HR, 2 managers from same division and TDP program. Pretty basic questions, mostly behavioral. Nothing unexpected. All managers I interviewed with were courteous and pleasant to deal with. Offer was given over the phone and got letter by email the next day.

Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus career website and received an interview request about 2 weeks after. Had an initial Lynx interview with a senior via webchat, then had a second round (however was referred to another) then another interview.

Interview Question – Standard behavior questions, but they did poke at your technical skills lightly.   View Answer

IT Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interviews. In the second round, a group of us interviewees got to ask a panel of recently hired staff questions. The 2nd and 3rd round, had two non-HR interviewers, while the first only had a HR representative.

Interview Question – None - most questions were regarding past work/school history.   Answer Question

Dover, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2012.

Interview Details – There is usually a series of interviews with HR and different hiring managers

Interview Question – Give an example of when you have taken leadership in a team.   Answer Question

Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – 6 Interviews including a phone screen. Everyone who I spoke to was truly professional and easy to talk to. Questions became a little redundant after the 4th interview.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Portsmouth, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was relatively straightforward. I went through 2 phone screen interviews before meeting with an on-campus representative who came to my school. The on-campus interview lasted about 1 hour and was followed with a series of on-site interviews in at a nearby Liberty Mutual office.

Interview Question – Even though the job was technical in nature, I was asked some financial questions as it was assumed that a strong knowledge of finance would be beneficial for all employees of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were possible, but I found it was better to accept at the rate they offered as the promotion process occurred relatively quickly.

Seattle, WA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – Began with screening interview and talking with recruiters via e-mail, then was interviewed via video chat by 2 area managers. Was offered an office visit/in person interview. Finally a follow up phone interview before job offer.

Interview Questions

Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – There were 2 phase:
1st Phase:
- I was interviewed by HR for initial Screening
2nd Phase:
- I was interviewed by two different Manager from different department back to back.
Final Phase:
- After passing the 2 phases of interviews, I recieved a offer letter after 2 days from the day of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Major and why did you choose your school?   Answer Question
  • Were there situation, when the project you were working on, did go as planned?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, i was not able to negotiate.

Portsmouth, NH

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college's job posting board. HR emailed me asking for a time to do a phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR person and lasted about 45 minutes. She asked mostly behavioral questions. It was very pleasant.

A couple days later they invited me in for a day to do some interviews. They paid for my flight, rental car, and a hotel. I flew in and the next day had 3 hour long interviews. 2 were with managers from the Portsmouth/Dover offices. The managers were really nice and made me feel very comfortable. The third was with a manager in Seattle via video conference. It was pretty good as well, but I preferred the in person interviews. So I interviewed from 9-12. There was another candidate as well. We met up with a person from HR for about 20 minutes to go over some of the benefits. After this the other candidate, a new hire, and I had lunch at the cafeteria. Here we were open to ask the new hire about the area and his experience with the job. This was a very cool thing to have as I got an idea of whether I wanted to work in Portsmouth or Boston.

The next week I was told that I was going to have another phone interview with a different manager. This interview was much less an interview than a chance for the manager to say that I would get the offer and to talk to me about the specifics of the position. I got the official offer later that day.

Interview Question – What is an experience you had while working in a team that there was a disagreement?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.