Liberty Mutual Insurance

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dover, NH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – One phone call interview with HR and one Lync Interview with Manager/Director of team.

Interview Question – Talked about the projects I've completed, how I implemented them, my job experience, my team skills, what I hope to learn, what I have learned, how I have improved over time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation.

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I applied through my university's careers website. I met with a senior software manager for an on campus interview. He was extremely nice and friendly. He asked questions such as name a time a crisis came up and how you handled it. Name a time you had to explain something very technical to someone who does not know anything about technology. He only asked a few questions then left the rest of the time for questions.

The second interview was a video interview with a senior IT manager. The questions were more about my technical background and experiences. One question was, what is one class you have taken where you learned something extremely valuable and think you learned the most from it.

Interview Question – Come prepared with lots of questions to ask the interviewer about the company and the position. The first interview, there was time for twenty minutes worth of questions.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – So far have completed the phone screening interview. It was over the internet using Microsoft Lynx. It mainly non-technical, personal skills questions such as "Talk about a time you overcame a difficult challenge", "Tell me about a project you have been working on", "Talk about a time you lead/collaborated with group to complete project", "Which location would you be interested in working", etc. Not too difficult. Next stage is a more technical phone interview with IT manager.

Interview Question – Not question is really hard as long as you have an answer prepared: "I encountered a problem when I was working at a -------------- and this is how I resolved it".   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – All done virtually through Microsoft Lync. Overall, the process was a pain. I ended up getting one initial interview and then two follow ups, making the process take over a month before hearing a decision.

Interview Question – When have you gone above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process made me dislike the company. Got a different internship offer I liked more.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring manager got in contact with me within 2 weeks of submitting my resume. Had an interview with IT hiring manager, then portfolio manager, and finally offer, all within a week. Interview was very relaxed and informal. The people were very courteous and extremely excited to have me on board.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself progressing after this internship in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Intern interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.