Liberty Mutual Insurance IT Intern Interview Questions

2.2

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied through my university's careers website. I met with a senior software manager for an on campus interview. He was extremely nice and friendly. He asked questions such as name a time a crisis came up and how you handled it. Name a time you had to explain something very technical to someone who does not know anything about technology. He only asked a few questions then left the rest of the time for questions.

The second interview was a video interview with a senior IT manager. The questions were more about my technical background and experiences. One question was, what is one class you have taken where you learned something extremely valuable and think you learned the most from it.

Interview Questions

• Come prepared with lots of questions to ask the interviewer about the company and the position. The first interview, there was time for twenty minutes worth of questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

So far have completed the phone screening interview. It was over the internet using Microsoft Lynx. It mainly non-technical, personal skills questions such as "Talk about a time you overcame a difficult challenge", "Tell me about a project you have been working on", "Talk about a time you lead/collaborated with group to complete project", "Which location would you be interested in working", etc. Not too difficult. Next stage is a more technical phone interview with IT manager.

Interview Questions

• Not question is really hard as long as you have an answer prepared: "I encountered a problem when I was working at a -------------- and this is how I resolved it".   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

All done virtually through Microsoft Lync. Overall, the process was a pain. I ended up getting one initial interview and then two follow ups, making the process take over a month before hearing a decision.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question

The interview process made me dislike the company. Got a different internship offer I liked more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dover, NH) in January 2013.

Interview

One phone call interview with HR and one Lync Interview with Manager/Director of team.

Interview Questions

• Talked about the projects I've completed, how I implemented them, my job experience, my team skills, what I hope to learn, what I have learned, how I have improved over time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager got in contact with me within 2 weeks of submitting my resume. Had an interview with IT hiring manager, then portfolio manager, and finally offer, all within a week. Interview was very relaxed and informal. The people were very courteous and extremely excited to have me on board.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself progressing after this internship in the insurance industry?   Answer Question