Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Three interviews. Phone screening, in person, and then presentation. Total time was about two weeks, but was worth it once complete for their training program. Interviewed with the recruiter, then local manager, and then regional manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

long process. Liberty Mutual has 2-3 interviews before they decide to choose someone. There is an online exam, cold calling, then a final interview with branch manager and area manager.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Group interview. Not very interesting. Want you to ride around all day to meet people at their homes. Gas is too high!! A lot of the times the leads are cold or "old." Someone has already contacted them. It's a complete waste! The market is too saturated!

Anonymous Employee in Clifton Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Clifton Park, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me and established an over the phone interview. After the over the phone interview I was asked to attend an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• "I've had people who have worked in cell phones work for me before, they didn't work out so well". "No offense, but your generation seems to think that everyone is entitled to a job without doing any work beforehand."   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview

After a 90 minute online assessment, 1 phone interview 3 in person interviews, 1 job shadow and 1 call shadow that I performed very well on the Area Manager and Manager both wanted me to start as soon as possible. My background and experience were exactly what they needed and I also had the benefit of having recommendations from a current employee. This all seemed great until the background check. Long story short I was denied due a very common credit issue that occurred post relationship. Most companies will say that they don't make hiring decisions based solely on credit but Liberty Mutual does and they should make that very clear upfront due to the length of their process. Everything else checked out fine and my job history and experience are great. Consistent high performer and plenty of documentation to validate. Even the recruiter had to admit this policy is counter productive. I think they need to inform applicants at the beginning of the process as to not waste their time. In my opinion, credit checks are a form of discrimination and need to be done away with. On the surface they may make sense, but if you stop and think about it they are flawed. It's selling insurance and doesn't require a security clearance.

Interview Questions

• There were no extremely difficult questions just a lot of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Uniondale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Uniondale, NY).

Interview

5 Lessons Lesson 1 Application Lesson 2 Math and Skills Test Lesson 3 Short 5-10 min phone convo Lesson 4 Longer more in depth convo about salary what you will doing meeting and whether you will move on Lesson 5 1-1 convo about the company who usual BS

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Brentwood, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a great phone interview and first interview went very well. Was called back same day for second interview. Before the second interview happened , I was called from the Brentwood TN office and was told the meeting had to be cancelled and rescheduled.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in May 2011.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee for a Agent position at Liberty Mutual. I've heard mixed reviews of working there, but I needed a change and they seem like a good company to work for starting up in business. I applied VIA referral link, was then contacted by a recruiter and spoke with her for a few minutes. It was basically her telling me I had to go online and take their assessment test. I took that, which took a good hour and a half. The test was some math, some business questions, and a lot of personality questions making sure that you consistant and honest throughout. A couple of days after completing the test I was again called by the same recruiter and was scheduled for a phone interview with a HR Rep. The phone interview was about 45 minutes. I was asked all the standard interview questions, and even more sales questions (name a sale that you're proud of, tell me about relationships that you've made and why they're important, how do you plan to create your own business with the company, etc.) then a 10 minute breakdown on the position itself. I was told by the HR rep that he thought I'd be a great fit and to expect a call in the next day or two to schedule a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Never heard from them again, so I'm guessing they filled the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sales relationship you have, how it started, how you've maintained it, and why you're proud of it...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (The Woodlands, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process is extremely long because they are looking for agents who will stay with the company from hire to retire. So be sure you have the time and patiences if you want to be a Liberty Mutual Insurance Agent. The interview process in order: personality screening, phone interview with a headhunter,1:1 with the Office Manager, 1:1 with the Regional Manager, then you come up with a business plan, Panel Review, Offer. Unfortunately I did not get an offer, although, I would say it is probably one of the best career opportunities for an insurance agent. Good base, benefits, capped commission, 401k,, and PENSION! Negative: Liberty Mutual pushes agents to sell their products to their family and friends.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time when you and a group were working on a project and you took leadership of your group. And what were the end results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Long intelligence test online, then phone interview. Asked typical interview questions, called in for a one on one interview. Again questions were not too hard, standard behavioral questions.