Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wausau, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied and had an interview the next week. The interview process was pretty usual. They closed all their satellite offices around the country and centralized so they were hiring like 30 people.

Interview Question – When have you noticed a small problem and knew it could potentially become a big problem. How did you notice it and what steps did you take to solve the problem?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2009.

Interview Details – I met with management for about 15 minutes and was asked to start the following week. They can't staff the place quickly enough with every one quitting at a moment's notice. Turn over here is exceptionally high; most people at this level didn't last a full year.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions. I was told by management immediately that the job was uninteresting and that I was very overqualified for the positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations; I needed a job and they knew it.

Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was first e-mailed from a recruiter in boston to set up a phone interview, after the phone interview they mentioned they would get back to me regarding the position. I then was scheduled to have a face to face interview with the hiring manager, which consisted of an overview of the job, asking why im interested and where i came from, and then some behavioral questions. Overall a pretty easy interview. Recieved a call about 2 weeks later offering me the position!

Interview Question – Easy questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fenton, MO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2010.

Interview Details – I started by applying online. The application process took a while since they wanted all the information broken down. After about a week of submitting my application, I received a phone call requesting a phone interview. I had the phone interview and was asked to come in person for 1-1 interview.

Interview Question – What was a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from a Recruiter 3 1/2 weeks after applying. Recruiter completed the phone screen and told me a Recruiting Co-Ordinator would call to schedule an onsite interview. The phone screen lasted about 15 minutes with questions on previous experience, problem solving ability, and why my interest in this position. Onsite 1:1 is scheduled for 12/11/09.

Interview Question – How do you handle changes in workflow?   Answer Question

Wausau, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very professional to say the least. Have interviewed with several employers and found this interview very formal initially with the phone interview starting the process, followed by 2 less formal in person interviews. The initial interview on the phone began the process with the more standard/general qualification questions, with two in person interviews where the interviewers asked strategic questions to "get to know" me more personally, so as to further gauge my qualifications for the job.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Insurance Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter asking basic interview questions, face to face interview was set up at the end of the phone interview. Interview was one on one not a panel in which interviewer read from a script on a lap top and typed all responses as given. Very structured and impersonal with many questions. Was told at end of interview that there would be another in person interview if the first one was passed.

Interview Question – If you could own your own business what would it be   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!