Liberty Mutual Insurance Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

3.6

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I went to the open house first. Tons of people they put you in a large room and call you in for one on ones. They primarily are looking to review you resume briefly and answer a few questions like why liberty mutual and why are you looking for a new job. I recommend bringing a copy of your resume and having a guesstimate of when you can get the next day off for your second interview.

Then you get scheduled for the second interview about 3-7 days from 1st. This is with 2 managers and a 40 min sit in with someone who is actually a rep taking live calls. First 30 min in with manager 1.The interview questions are all situational questions like tell me about a time you had to make a difficult situation and tell me about a time you sold/convinced someone to buy something. Then they bring you to the rep and you listen.

After sitting with the rep the 2nd manager comes to get you. They ask is this something you can do daily and how did you like it. He or she will ask you questions based more towards how your past experience will help you with the job. The 2nd manger is typically little tougher. They are trying to make sure they weed out BS.

Finally, from what I have heard is if you impressed both of those mangers you get the job. If one liked you and the other didn't, you get a third interview with the sales managers boss. Impress the boss and you got it.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you helped an upset customer?
    Tell me about a time you convinced someone to buy from you instead of elsewhere?

View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I was referred into the company by a local seasoned employee. I received a email to apply online and complete a online personality profile exam with an assigned application code. After completing the profile I was expecting an interview with the local branch manager per the instruction from the website. Instead I got an email to schedule a 8am call with a talent acquisition person back east. I was very disappointed she was not prepared and i was on hold a long time. Even in the interview she was distracted. I feel she should of rescheduled when she could be focused on the interview. I had to repeat my answers to her a couple times, was very odd experience. The questions were mostly general, but she kept going back to wanting to know the success i had in my latest job. It was not a sales job and was not related to the position, and i kept needing to pull info and success from other past jobs that was related. It seamed they was wanting someone that was succeeding at a high level in their current sales job that was related. She told me that next monday I would get a call from the local branch manager for a on site interview and she gave me the address. She also told me i scored very high in the profile exam and wanted to know if i was entertaining any other offers. Monday came and I heard nothing from them and I called to find out where things stood had to leave a message for a return call. Later that week i got an email from a different talent acquisitions person back east that they was moving forward with different candidates. Really bummed me out, I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions
    • Being asked how i prospected and sold in my latest job that was a security management job. It through me for a loop. Makes me wonder if she even had my resume out.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

There was an online assessment and phone screen. The online assessment took about forty-five minutes to complete. After the assessment and application was completed, I received a phone call from the talent acquisition manager. The phone interview was unprofessional and unclear. She asked a few questions and did not indicate this was the formal interview. I was unimpressed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in another opening we have?   View Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

It is a very difficult interview process. You have to take a profile test. Always answer the questions as if you are self employed business owner. At least 3 interviews to go thru a few levels of management.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First interview was by phone. Second interview was by phone although they wanted it to be through HireVue, which is a video interview interface. HireVue did not work properly during the interview so it ended up being by phone. Second interview required hard #s to prove your worth. Did not want to work for this company after that experience. They made it seem like you would be worked like a dog.

Anonymous Employee in Teays Valley, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Teays Valley, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2014.

I first filled out an online application and took a typical personality test as well as a difficult "math" test. Maybe two weeks later I had a phone interview with a recruiter for about an hour. It was your typical phone interview asking questions about my experience and situational questions. I was then asked to come into the local office and interview with the office manager. It was four and a half hours one afternoon. This included about an hour of typical interview questions. I was given about 30 minutes to come up with a personal marketing strategy in order to get leads. I then sat with one of the veteran sales representatives at the office for about an hour watching him do his job and talking with him. I then had to make 15 cold calls in front of the office manager. I felt like it all went well. I heard back from the office manager about 2 weeks later letting me know that they extended the offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • In 30 minutes, create a marketing plan you could execute to obtain leads.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

lengthy process and useless tests. you had to speak with a recruiter, take some test then re-interview with the recruiter then get in front of the branch manager then the area manager.

Interview Questions
    rigid this is the position and salary and that's it

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

The companies hiring process is quite lengthy, though I passed but don't Agee that having a personality test isnt always accurate.. The recruiter was very nice, the moral around the office seemed very low, the company has aggressive goals, but it seems the bonus's would be worth it. It is under new management and that can go either way

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to change a disagreeing client their mind and what did u do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

Started with a phone interview. Then one on one with Manager. Had to do a presentation for marketing plan. Make phone calls with Manager. Interview with Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prospect for potentional clients?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer that is not happy?   View Answer
    No negotiation for higher salary was allowed since this is manely a commission based job,

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process was somewhat unorthodox, I was initially asked to take a test online. After taking the test I was scheduled for a phone interview, following the interview, i received an email advising they were looking for someone with experience.