Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

It is a very difficult interview process. You have to take a profile test. Always answer the questions as if you are self employed business owner. At least 3 interviews to go thru a few levels of management.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First interview was by phone. Second interview was by phone although they wanted it to be through HireVue, which is a video interview interface. HireVue did not work properly during the interview so it ended up being by phone. Second interview required hard #s to prove your worth. Did not want to work for this company after that experience. They made it seem like you would be worked like a dog.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teays Valley, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teays Valley, WV

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2014.

I first filled out an online application and took a typical personality test as well as a difficult "math" test. Maybe two weeks later I had a phone interview with a recruiter for about an hour. It was your typical phone interview asking questions about my experience and situational questions. I was then asked to come into the local office and interview with the office manager. It was four and a half hours one afternoon. This included about an hour of typical interview questions. I was given about 30 minutes to come up with a personal marketing strategy in order to get leads. I then sat with one of the veteran sales representatives at the office for about an hour watching him do his job and talking with him. I then had to make 15 cold calls in front of the office manager. I felt like it all went well. I heard back from the office manager about 2 weeks later letting me know that they extended the offer to another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • In 30 minutes, create a marketing plan you could execute to obtain leads.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

lengthy process and useless tests. you had to speak with a recruiter, take some test then re-interview with the recruiter then get in front of the branch manager then the area manager.

Interview Questions
    rigid this is the position and salary and that's it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

The companies hiring process is quite lengthy, though I passed but don't Agee that having a personality test isnt always accurate.. The recruiter was very nice, the moral around the office seemed very low, the company has aggressive goals, but it seems the bonus's would be worth it. It is under new management and that can go either way

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to change a disagreeing client their mind and what did u do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

Started with a phone interview. Then one on one with Manager. Had to do a presentation for marketing plan. Make phone calls with Manager. Interview with Regional Manager.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prospect for potentional clients?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a customer that is not happy?   View Answer
    No negotiation for higher salary was allowed since this is manely a commission based job,

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process was somewhat unorthodox, I was initially asked to take a test online. After taking the test I was scheduled for a phone interview, following the interview, i received an email advising they were looking for someone with experience.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2011.

Interviews went as normal but hiring decision very long process. They didnt even let me know I had to call to find out.

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Had an uneasy feeling throughout the interview process. Everyone was hesitant to answer any questions. I continued the process until the final interview with the "area manager".

I now understand why everyone was so cryptic. Total egomaniac and control freak. Never got the offer. But wouldn't have accepted anyway.

Not what i was looking for.