Liberty Mutual Insurance Intern Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview - standard questions about experiences ( conflicts, teamwork, etc ) and was a generally positive interview. The recruiter was pleasant and focused. He contacted me by email after I applied to set up the phone interview. Overall straightforward interview process. However, the recruiter said he thoroughly enjoyed the interview and wanted to set up a second interview and fly me out to the office (I was at school hundreds of miles away). Never heard back for 2 months, then I got a generic auto email saying that my qualifications could not be matched to a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you saw a coworker doing something unethical and how you responded.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Intern Interview

Interview

The whole process was what is expected. HR screen then more interview. A majority of the interviews were conducted via telephone and then there was an in person.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in July 2014.

Interview

Very structured overall. They were giving and asking questions that did not relate to my internship that was offered. Also, the type of behavioral questions that weere asked we not typical. This overall led to an awkward experience between HR and myself and probably left them questioning as much as I did.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to make a decision with limited information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was a re-hire from the previous year. The year before consisted of phone calls with a number of hiring managers. Liberty Mutual really went out of their way to find a place for someone with business and IT interests.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Not even technical, more about work ethic and ability to solve problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

On campus and office visit

Interview Questions

• All normal questions. Like why liberty? Talk about the challenge you went thru. your weakness. your strength.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Amherst, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online through my school's recruiting website and got an interview. The interview itself took about 40 minutes. We mostly went of my resume and qualifications. I was asked a number of behavioral interview questions like "How do you handle adversity" and a lot of team/project based questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Initially met with Liberty Mutual employees at my school's career fair. I gave them my resume and about a week later received an email to set up an interview. The first interview was with an HR representative to get a feel for where I'd fit at the company, and then a second interview was scheduled with the manager of my best fit, by the end of which I was told to expect an offer. Both interviews were done via Microsoft Lync.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Not too much emphasis on the technical stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted for a phone interview, opted for an in person on campus interview. After making it past the first round I interviewed at the home office (Boston). Interviewed with two managers and then heard back within one week. Once I accepted the offer a background check was conducted.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just explaining your resume, interests, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, offer was over the phone with a two week grace period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

1st round interview was on the phone. Normal questions, like what leadership positions have you help, what is your favorite class you've taken and why, tell me about your resume. The second round was at the office with my would be manager and HR person. Same questions as first round but a little more in depth. Very good people, and very nice throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What was your most rewarding experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation, they offered a good compensation