Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Jul 8, 2014

2.5

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

The whole process was what is expected. HR screen then more interview. A majority of the interviews were conducted via telephone and then there was an in person.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you had to make a decision with limited information.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I was a re-hire from the previous year. The year before consisted of phone calls with a number of hiring managers. Liberty Mutual really went out of their way to find a place for someone with business and IT interests.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult. Not even technical, more about work ethic and ability to solve problems.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

On campus and office visit

Interview Questions
    • All normal questions. Like why liberty? Talk about the challenge you went thru. your weakness. your strength.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

I applied online through my school's recruiting website and got an interview. The interview itself took about 40 minutes. We mostly went of my resume and qualifications. I was asked a number of behavioral interview questions like "How do you handle adversity" and a lot of team/project based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, mostly behavioral interview questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Initially met with Liberty Mutual employees at my school's career fair. I gave them my resume and about a week later received an email to set up an interview. The first interview was with an HR representative to get a feel for where I'd fit at the company, and then a second interview was scheduled with the manager of my best fit, by the end of which I was told to expect an offer. Both interviews were done via Microsoft Lync.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions. Not too much emphasis on the technical stuff.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2012.

Initially contacted for a phone interview, opted for an in person on campus interview. After making it past the first round I interviewed at the home office (Boston). Interviewed with two managers and then heard back within one week. Once I accepted the offer a background check was conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, just explaining your resume, interests, etc.   Answer Question
    no negotiation, offer was over the phone with a two week grace period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2011.

1st round interview was on the phone. Normal questions, like what leadership positions have you help, what is your favorite class you've taken and why, tell me about your resume. The second round was at the office with my would be manager and HR person. Same questions as first round but a little more in depth. Very good people, and very nice throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experience?   View Answer
    no negotiation, they offered a good compensation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2011.

I applied for a software development internship. All I received was a phone interview from an IT recruiter. I talked about my past experiences (I interned at another insurance company the previous summer) and my current schoolwork. After the interview I was contacted again the following week and informed that I was given an offer for the summer internship position. The interview was very relaxing, I'm guessing because it's a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • What is your previous experience related to software development?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2010.

Interview was pretty straightforward; first there was a test which assessed your ability to answer some numerical brainteasers and statistical questions. Then there was a 1 on 1 interview that was primarily fit, but also some numerical questions thrown in there as well.

e.g. (test) How many square feet in the US?, What is the r-squared of this data?

Interview Questions
    • What are the number of square feet in the US?   View Answer

Had another offer with a pending deadline