Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

Applied online. Received an email to have a phone interview. A couple of days later received an email inviting me to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Interview day was from 8am til 3pm. Two 45 minute one on one behavioral interviews, one 45 minute case interview, and one 45 minute job shadow. The whole process was good, organized and NOT stressful! Behavioral questions were standard about teamwork, problem solving/decision making, and presentation experience. Case was not that bad--you get time to prep your response. Everyone was really nice, was a small group of candidates interviewing that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain complex concepts to a group of people.
      A time when you worked with someone and had differing views of opinion.
      A time when you had a difficult relationship with someone and how you worked to mend it?
      How do you prioritize your time?
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision in a short amount of time.
      Time you had a difficult/complex problem to solve, how did you go about it?

Answer Question

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, and was given a phone interview. I was then emailed by an HR rep, and found a time to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes, and was pleasant. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about previous experience, and what-if scenarios.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, Took Pre-Screen aptitude test, phone interview with a recruiter followed by an on site initial interview with a manager, followed immediately by a second interview with a sr manager

FInance Rotation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

It was long and impersonal with a crowd. Everyone split up with different managers with different preferences, which seemed very ineffective. After the hour long pitch of how great the company was, I had decided it wasn't for me, but felt obligated to stay the day.

Field Management Development Program - Summer Associate Interview

Apply online, which requires you to also take a timed quantitative test. The quant test has 3 topics with a total of 9 questions. They require you to look at a chart of data and answer questions about the data within a certain time period.
    If they're interested, they'll email you with an invitation to conduct a video screening interview over Microsoft Lync.
    The interview takes approximately one hour, mostly asking behavior questions (tell me about a time you...). Some example questions:
    -What made you want to apply for a position at Liberty Mutual?
    -Tell me about a time you had to overcome a disagreement within your team?
    -Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
    After the video screening interview, you should here back within 1-2 weeks about a follow-up interview to be conducted in person at their Boston office.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you gave a peer some bad information and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Claims Team Manager Interview

Watch out, once they get your number they wont stop calling! Seems like an ok company and the people were really nice. I was misled about the interview process. Seems you go to class about the company and then get called back for an interview.

Interview Questions

No manager positions and it is commission based

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Phone interview was a little over 10 minutes. Asked some behavioral questions. No technical question. Went over resume. I was not very interested in property and casualty when I interviewed and their question asked if I know the difference between property and casualty and health. Got stuck

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an instance where your leadership skills were necessary   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Recruited through college. Had first round phone interview before flying out to Seattle for final round. Final round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 behavioral, 1 case question, and 1 job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could have done better if you had done more analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and so had my first rounds on my school campus. This interview was relatively laid back, focused on previous work with analytics.
    Second round interview was in their offices in Seattle. A large group of candidates were present on the day i interviewed. Consists of three one on one interview with managers of the department along with a job shadow with a current analyst.
    The analysts as a group were young and seemed genuinely excited by the work they do and the company culture, especially within their department.
    The case study wasn't too hard but you are required to do basic math while someone watches you.

They did well to make everyone feel welcome and at ease.

Free lunch!

Interview Questions
    • Case Study in front of a team member was not particularly difficult but feels pressured. Be sure to do a review of basic math skills before your interview so that you do not get frazzled.

Tell me about a time when you have used data analytics in a professional business setting to achieve a certain result.

Answer Question