Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

went through recruiter

Interview Questions

• be prepared to talk about your skill set, motivation and interests   Answer Question

Negotiation

over 30 years ago

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Fairfield, OH).

Interview

phone interview, face to face interview

Interview Questions

• With your major, why do you want to work here? Describe when you have had to interview people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

IT Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Hiring manager got in contact with me within 2 weeks of submitting my resume. Had an interview with IT hiring manager, then portfolio manager, and finally offer, all within a week. Interview was very relaxed and informal. The people were very courteous and extremely excited to have me on board.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself progressing after this internship in the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The interview process is difficult. Candidates will have a phone interview, followed by 4-5 in person interviews.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online to a job posting via their website. They asked me to complete an aptitude test, which apparently I passed. I was contacted to schedule a phone interview which apparently I also passed. I was then asked to go in to the office for a full day of shadowing. Before I had a change to do this I was offered a position with another company. LM has a very drawn out hiring process!

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about how you have dealt with tough situations...   Answer Question

Business Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then one-on-one interviews with manager and two levels above.

Claims Specialist Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was called about 2 weeks later for a phone interview which lasted probably 30 minutes. I was then contacted about 3-4 weeks later for an in-person interview. I arrived about 15 minutes early and asked for the designated person. The receptionist was on the phone when I arrived. He then couldn't find my designated interview person. I had set up the interview with him on the phone, I'm not even sure what his position is. I never spoke with him while I was there. I interviewed with the first manager and was then given a written portion to complete in 30 minutes. I interviewed with a second manager and then was dismissed with the "we'll be in touch" mantra you always hear on an interview.

Interview Questions

• I did not expect to be given a written portion which asked me to asses a fax from an angry customer and respond in writing.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First round on campus interview. Second round on site interview. It is a whole day interview from 8am to 3 pm. This consisted of info session during breakfast time, 2 45 minutes behavior interviews and 1 case interview and 1 written case interview and job shadow and one lunch. They took us to PF Chang for lunch and this is the most excting point of the day.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time that you are dealing with a large amount of data and you need to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Everything went well, and I assumed the pre screen telephone interview was a success. The human resource rep said she would be passing my resume on to the next reviewer and that I would know by the end of the day if he would like to schedule an interview. I was contacted a few days later via email that my educational bacground did not match the job requirements. EVEN though it clearly stated on ad for employment a 4 year degree OR equivilant.

Interview Questions

• She did most of the talking...asked basically what I did on a day to day basis at my current job.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

3 interviews total, each interview increased by level of interviewer responsibility. final interview by 3 individuals at same time. all conducted themselves in very professional manner. office appeared organized and clean.

Interview Questions

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.