Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Typical hr phone screening, testing, and scenario questioning. If you've interviewed with other organizations, it's usually a step by step process to different levels of personnel to speak with to see if you're the right fit for the culture.

Billing Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process took about two months. Two rounds of in-person interviews. The managers I met with were all very nice and I felt comfortable interviewing with them. The recruiter was really good with communicating with me and keeping me up to date. Overall, I feel really good about the experience and I'm very happy with the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to make a change something to make something better.   Answer Question
    I didn't feel the need to negotiate. I was happy and grateful to receive an offer and was thrilled with the offer.

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied online and heard from the a campus recruiter in 2 weeks. The recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me first and the conversation was very lighthearted and pleasant. It was mostly behavorial questions asking about my background and analytical skills, nothing too difficult or unexpected. At the end of the phone call I received an invite to a face-to-face interview at the Seattle headquarter, which is scheduled for 2 weeks out.

The face-to-face interview lasted from 8am-2pm, which conisisted of a half-hour introduction, two 30-minute behavorial interviews, one case interview, and a group lunch with other candidates that were interviewing on the same day. There were no group interviews, and behavorial interviews were similar to the phone interview and asked for more detailed examples of analytical skills, leadership skills, most challenging tasks etc. The case interview had 3 parts and is related to the insurance industry, and you do the math in front of the interviewer. He/she would watch you solve the problem and correct you if you are too far off. Overall, they want to see how you think about the problem more than whether you get the right answer. I made minor mistakes along the way and the interviewer was very patient in correcting me. The math was of average difficulty, just basic algebra. There were some strategic questions about the case as well. They also check for presentation skills.

I received an offer the same afternoon. The process was very smooth and I was impressed by their overall efficiency.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to come up wth an innovative idea   Answer Question
    I am still interviewing with other companies at this point and haven't made a final decision on whether to accept the offer, but the pay is reasonable and is around industry average.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2014.

Interview and hiring process was thorough and transparent. There were two telephone interviews and one in person interview. The second telephone interview was an hour and consisted of a deep dive into technical PM skills.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best constructive criticism you have received and how did you apply it?   Answer Question
    Contract to Hire after six months.

Claims Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was mainly behavioral questions, and questions about my background and why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual.

We scheduled an in-person interview for a few weeks later, during which I met with three different supervisors (three 1:1 interviews) and got the chance to talk to a current employee. The managers gave me more information about the office culture and job requirements. They also asked more behavioral questions.

The people I met with all seemed happy to be working there. The Claims environment definitely seemed stressful, but also interesting and rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make an important decision without having all of the information you needed.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation available, since it's my first job out of college. However, the salary and benefits were very generous.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Lot of questions took very l9ng. To be hired. Took almost a month and. Half to be hired
     Background check, salary verificati9n. Criminal back ground . College transcripts.9verall takes a couple of m o nths for a position to get filled.

Interview Questions
    • Wha y was a time you wenter above and beyond   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

I applied on-line for one position and was contacted by a company recruiter for a different opportunity. They also identified me via LinkedIn.
    The sequence included: HR Screening interview; web interview; and 4-5 on-site interviews.
    The HR recruiter and lead were great at setup and follow-through.

Interview Questions
    • Very well done combination of background and situational topics across 4-5 folks at different levels in the organization, including a VP.   View Answer
    The negotiation process was very straightforward. They obviously listened to my interests (salary, benefits, location, travel) and put together an excellent package. Overall a very satisfying experience, which appears to continue for new people entering our organization.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Interned summer 2014. Applied online through school career site and company page. Quickly received an email asking to set up a first round phone interview. Call was about an hour majority behavioral but recruiter did ask about technical experience (SAS and Excel). Received an email a few weeks later to be flown out to Boston for final round. Recruiter made a very good impression. He called a few days before my flight to alert me to potential weather problems and what would happen if I couldn't make it to the office. Interviews started early Friday morning. First you had the chance to interview an analyst. Then you had 3 interviews - 2 behaviorals and 1 case. Case wasn't hard but interviewer was hard to read. Behavioral questions weren't bad but they expect fairly detailed responses. Have at least 5 or 6 anecdotes prepared. After debrief we all had the chance to explore Boston and then flew back. Got a call Monday with an offer. Important note, Liberty has changed the application process by adding an exam (personality and reasoning).

Interview Questions
    • What software programs and languages do you know?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Information Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process started off when an on campus interview with a HR representative. After the first round, it took maybe two weeks and was followed by an interview with a manager in the department that I wanted to work in. Overall, everyone was very down to earth and asked three behavioral, went over the resume, and tried to figure out what I wanted to do.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral based questions were not too difficult but I got caught up on one. What is your most innovative idea?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

There was an online assessment and phone screen. The online assessment took about forty-five minutes to complete. After the assessment and application was completed, I received a phone call from the talent acquisition manager. The phone interview was unprofessional and unclear. She asked a few questions and did not indicate this was the formal interview. I was unimpressed after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in another opening we have?   View Answer