Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Feb 25, 2015

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Very structured overall. They were giving and asking questions that did not relate to my internship that was offered. Also, the type of behavioral questions that weere asked we not typical. This overall led to an awkward experience between HR and myself and probably left them questioning as much as I did.

Underwriting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

2 panel ok interview allot of questions review of resume and talk about your resume allot then back and forth questions
    Took 3 weeks to hear back about decline. Beautiful office building

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about disagreement with coworker and what you did to fix it. Best/worst ability   Answer Question

Insurance Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wausau, WI

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

First e-mailed a cover letter and resume to human resources they then followed up two weeks later. Met with two different people in two separate interviews. Sat down one on one with each on two different days.Went in for first interview with human resources and the second interview was with the head supervisor of the department. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes each. On the second interview was showed around the company by interview and supervisor of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the typical interview questions. What makes you right for the job, why do you want to work here, and some questions about yourself.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2014.

The initial phone screening with the recruiter was easy. She was incredibly hard to reach after the fact despite the fact that they indicated they would be interested in having speak to the manager for a follow-up interview. I had another phone interview with a manager and then a 5 HOUR interview on-site where I met with 5 different employees. It was extremely long and repetitive. They are very thorough but the interview process was far too long. I was initially contacted in September and was hired in November.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions about experience, culture expectations, and had I ever worked in a corporate environment.   Answer Question
    I could have negotiated but I didn't want to drag the process out even longer, so I accepted the first offer.

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter and then a technical interview with a manager. Both were video interviews using Microsoft Lync. The first was a typical behavioral interview with a few situational questions and basic questions about my background, experiences, and interests. The second interview focused more on my projects and classes, but it wasn't too technical; I didn't have to write out code or anything, just explain my projects. Overall, both interviews were pretty straightforward. I think the most important parts were knowing why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual and how to explain my projects and experiences well.

Both interviews were during the same week. After the second interview they said there was a possibility that I could have to interview with another manager, but I ended up getting an offer a couple weeks later to work for the manager that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to really think through a problem logically.   Answer Question
    • Which project or experience best demonstrates or helped develop your teamwork?   Answer Question
    • Which class was your favorite / most beneficial?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, and was given a phone interview. I was then emailed by an HR rep, and found a time to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes, and was pleasant. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about previous experience, and what-if scenarios.   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

Applied online. Received an email to have a phone interview. A couple of days later received an email inviting me to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Interview day was from 8am til 3pm. Two 45 minute one on one behavioral interviews, one 45 minute case interview, and one 45 minute job shadow. The whole process was good, organized and NOT stressful! Behavioral questions were standard about teamwork, problem solving/decision making, and presentation experience. Case was not that bad--you get time to prep your response. Everyone was really nice, was a small group of candidates interviewing that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain complex concepts to a group of people.
      A time when you worked with someone and had differing views of opinion.
      A time when you had a difficult relationship with someone and how you worked to mend it?
      How do you prioritize your time?
      Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision in a short amount of time.
      Time you had a difficult/complex problem to solve, how did you go about it?

Answer Question

FInance Rotation Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

It was long and impersonal with a crowd. Everyone split up with different managers with different preferences, which seemed very ineffective. After the hour long pitch of how great the company was, I had decided it wasn't for me, but felt obligated to stay the day.

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, Took Pre-Screen aptitude test, phone interview with a recruiter followed by an on site initial interview with a manager, followed immediately by a second interview with a sr manager