Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

Graduate-level Statistician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Firstly it's only a phone interview. I received an email to choose my interview time from several timeslot. Ask a lot of behavior questions. Seems very interested in your presentation skills. Asked something about your resume also and care about your graduation date. Told me I would get some result within 2 weeks but did not get the result until 3 weeks later.

IT Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First screening interview was with a Recruiter. This interview was for them to know which area that you want to intern in since the company has a lot of options to offer. Second interview was with an IT Manager, he spent first 15,20 minutes to talked about his department's role in the company, after that he just went through the resume and asked some behavioral question. he didn't really ask any technical questions. I interviewed in the morning and received an offer in the same day.

Process took only 2 weeks. Maybe because I told them I'm also interviewing with other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Did you have any aha moment when working or studying (relating to your major)?
      Tell me about a time when you collaborate with other people and the result of it

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first interview was conducted by someone at their corporate office in the Massachusetts area. The process was basic and simple, asking background questions. The second interview was a face to face with a branch manager, the process was fairly lengthy. First I spoke to one manager for quite sometime, then was handed off to another to discuss a marketing plan I had created during a 15 minute intermission. Overall, the interview took approximately 2 hours.

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

Initial screening call, then a coordinator setup the panel interview, which was conducted by three managers and scheduled for 60 minutes. Each manager tendered questions during the process. No online testing was required for this position.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

I applied online. Completed a 77 minute assessment. A few days later, I received an email invite to an "Interview Day" event (along with dozens of others). We were asked to sign in and provide a copy of our resume. We were told to wait for our names to be called. I was eventually greeted by my interviewer (which was actually a supervisor). He was nice. We then entered an auditorium filled with tables and chairs. There were at least a dozen other interviews going on at the exact same time in the same room within earshot of one another. It was very awkward and distracting. I quickly realized my interviewer never even had a chance to read/review my resume.

After countless "Tell me about a time..." questions, the interviewer went on to explain the position, pay and schedule. All of them sounded mediocre and scripted. I think the worst part was the schedule, they were looking for people to work nights and weekends from 1 pm-10 pm. I wish they would have mentioned that prior to driving all the way out there.

Customer Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview. Two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to come to the office for an in person interview. The interview was average with a lot of situation questions (it seemed that the interviewers needed to ask them just as part of procedure). Also short written assignment in office. Total time in office was approximately 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you went above your duties to help a customer.   Answer Question

Advanced Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

The onsite interview consists of four individual interviews each of 40 minutes, an informal lunch interview with the purpose of assessing your personality, and a spontaneous writing of a short statement of purpose.

The interviewers come from different departments within the company that uses advanced analytical skills and the crew includes a variety backgrounds including statistics, economics, operation research, actuarial science and etc. Eight of us came in for the interview on one day and all of us are foreign (seven Chinese). Seems that the company is fine with sponsorship, since they are trying to recruit full-time employees among their interns.

Some of the interviewers are more aggressive than others, but they all are fairly friendly overall. You always have time to ask them questions at the end of your talk. Make use of that time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your research project. Are you familiar with semi-parametric models? What are the things you can do if data is fairly limited, say with only 5 observations? What is the most difficult decision you have to make in the past year? Why are you interested in the insurance business? Where do you see yourself in a couple of years?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2015.

Applied online and did the usual online testing. Received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of weeks later. The Recruiting Coordinator who set it up told me to email her if the Recruiter is over 15 minutes late calling me after the schedule appointment time.
    Well, the recruiter ended up being over 30 minutes late calling me and left a voicemail to call her back, (in an obvious irritated tone). She did not even apologize for being late. (I was doing something else at the time and could not take the call since this was over a half hour later).
    I had emailed the Coordinator at exactly 15 minutes. She got back to me 3 hours later and apologized. She would reschedule the phone interview with the recruiter. I never heard back from anybody.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first step is to fill out an application. The next step (if invited), is to complete an online test and questionnaire. The online test is timely. After completing that portion of the interview (if invited), a phone interview is held. I was looking to change careers and was hoping to find a position with a reputable company that respects knowledge, experience, and their employees. The phone interviewer was lacking in professionalism and experience. The interviewer had inadequate listening skills and limited personality. She was stiff, unprofessional, and denoted an inexperienced-young vibe. It felt like I was talking to a 16 year old.

Liability Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, and was given a phone interview. I was then emailed by an HR rep, and found a time to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted about 35 minutes, and was pleasant. The overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions about previous experience, and what-if scenarios.   Answer Question