Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone Screening with HR, 2 on-site interviews (First with hiring manager and team member; second with VP and head of department). HR was good about providing detailed feedback after each interview, a total of thee rounds. After final interview, received an offer a month later (hiring manager was traveling and delayed process.)

Interview Questions

• Questions about: “Why do you want to work here”; “Tell me about your experience”; “How you would solve current social media or digital challenges.”   Answer Question

Case Manager II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went through 3 interviews before finally getting an offer. The process was 2 phone interviews and then a in person interview with 3 different people separately. They will grind you with the same typical questions repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• Q: They asked how do you do with pressure and deadlines?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I went to the open house first. Tons of people they put you in a large room and call you in for one on ones. They primarily are looking to review you resume briefly and answer a few questions like why liberty mutual and why are you looking for a new job. I recommend bringing a copy of your resume and having a guesstimate of when you can get the next day off for your second interview.

Then you get scheduled for the second interview about 3-7 days from 1st. This is with 2 managers and a 40 min sit in with someone who is actually a rep taking live calls. First 30 min in with manager 1.The interview questions are all situational questions like tell me about a time you had to make a difficult situation and tell me about a time you sold/convinced someone to buy something. Then they bring you to the rep and you listen.

After sitting with the rep the 2nd manager comes to get you. They ask is this something you can do daily and how did you like it. He or she will ask you questions based more towards how your past experience will help you with the job. The 2nd manger is typically little tougher. They are trying to make sure they weed out BS.

Finally, from what I have heard is if you impressed both of those mangers you get the job. If one liked you and the other didn't, you get a third interview with the sales managers boss. Impress the boss and you got it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped an upset customer?
      Tell me about a time you convinced someone to buy from you instead of elsewhere?

1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Mainly discussed my experience and education, the recruiter was very nice. I had a good feeling about the interview but received rejection email. I think that I did well in the interview, however, I am over-educated for the job (Masters degree, while job requirement is Bachelor) and have no experience in Claims, so I was not particularly surprised.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest thing you have ever done (professionally)?   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Started with phone conversation with recruiter. Next step was in person targeted interview, meaning scripted interview with 2 managers. Then did same interview with 2 other managers. 45min- 1 hr time period

Interview Questions

• describe a complex claim you dealt with
      describe a time when you had to juggle schedule

Liberty Mutual Leadership Forum Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Really chill and relaxed. Interviewer was friendly. Was longish though, almost 40 minutes. Some of the questions were on the harder side at times. Ultimately, it was 1) Asking questions about me and getting to know me and 2) Telling me about the externship and next steps

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to take initiative.   Answer Question
    • Whats the most important lesson you learned from (prior work experience)?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to make a decision with limited information.   Answer Question

Claims Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through a job board on my university website. The first step was to complete an online assessment that took about 45 minutes. The questions were easy, "do you think you respond well to pressure, etc." it was just time consuming. A few days later I was contacted by a recruiter to set up a phone interview. She ended up rescheduling twice before finally contacting me. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and included loosely going over my resume and a few STAR questions. After about a week I was contacted to set up an interview at the branch that was hiring. When I got to the interview I was greeted by the department manager as well as two young people who were currently doing the job I was applying for. The interview was set up like a firing squad, the three interviewers on one side of a table and me on the other. They were all incredibly friendly which eased my nerves. Ultimately, the interview took about an hour after going over my resume and a boatload of STAR questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to give someone bad news?
      Are you able to multitask? Give an example

Answer Question

Negotiation

Still Negotiating

Graduate-level Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Firstly it's only a phone interview. I received an email to choose my interview time from several timeslot. Ask a lot of behavior questions. Seems very interested in your presentation skills. Asked something about your resume also and care about your graduation date. Told me I would get some result within 2 weeks but did not get the result until 3 weeks later.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First screening interview was with a Recruiter. This interview was for them to know which area that you want to intern in since the company has a lot of options to offer. Second interview was with an IT Manager, he spent first 15,20 minutes to talked about his department's role in the company, after that he just went through the resume and asked some behavioral question. he didn't really ask any technical questions. I interviewed in the morning and received an offer in the same day.

Process took only 2 weeks. Maybe because I told them I'm also interviewing with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any aha moment when working or studying (relating to your major)?
      Tell me about a time when you collaborate with other people and the result of it

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by someone at their corporate office in the Massachusetts area. The process was basic and simple, asking background questions. The second interview was a face to face with a branch manager, the process was fairly lengthy. First I spoke to one manager for quite sometime, then was handed off to another to discuss a marketing plan I had created during a 15 minute intermission. Overall, the interview took approximately 2 hours.