Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

In person Pre-Screen, I didn't even received an interview. It was a waste of time. They are inconsiderate of peoples time and travel expenses. Worst part is they sold a Pre-Screen as an actual interview, sad experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions every company asks.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter asked basic questions. Did not know much about the position. It was a basic 20 minute interview regarding the job and the goals. Also explained that we had to buy our own leads and 60% of the time you would be in the field getting leads.

Interview Questions

The pay structure and the idea to harass friends and family about insurance

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone call with recruiter, basic questions (walk me through your resume, why liberty mutual, why sales, etc). She told me right away that she would like to arrange an interview with a branch manager. Interview with manager was in person, lasted about an hour. Same sort of generic interview questions, be sure to have well though out answers before hand. After that, he went on to behavioral questions ("tell me about a time when..."). Overall, preparation is key to do well. Both recruiter and manager were super nice and both really loved it when I asked questions (go heavy on the questions for them).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why liberty mutual?
      Tell me about your greatest achievement.
      Tell me about a time when you had to manage conflicting priorities.
      Tell me about a time when you had to explain and present complex information to a group of people.
      Etc.

Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview, it went well and I am waiting for a call back for in person interview. The person I spoke with said I would receive a call in one to one and a half weeks.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my prior jobs and experience. Started by asking me what questions I had about the company and the position, then I was asked a number of questions but no questions to trip you up in this call.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took very lengthy behavioral test (appox 1 hour). Completed phone screen interview. Received offer to interview on site the following week. 2 person panel interview. They played good cop bad cop. Also got to sit with agent for 30 minutes to shadow position which I could no doubt do based off my career experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you read? and if so: Who is a famous author/celebrity you respect and if you had the chance to meet this person, what would you ask them?   1 Answer
    • What assets would you bring to my team?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was referred by a friend and had an informational interview before the phone interview. I went into the Boston office for 3 rounds of interviews, and the interviews felt like informal (in a good way) conversations. I waited about 2 weeks before I heard back from the interviewers, but it was also because they were offsite at a Conference. They did provide me with a counteroffer when I told them I had a competing offer elsewhere.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

Online application
    Online test
    Phone interview
    In-person interview
    Phone call with offer

All of the people I met spoke with were very nice and professional. It wasn't until the offer that I felt I had been led down the wrong path. During the phone screen I told them my salary requirements and was told it wouldn't be a problem. When I received my offer, $10k below my required income, I was very angry that they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a customer and how you solved it   Answer Question

The posted range of the position was $30,500-51,000 and they offered $39,000. When I tried to negotiate, they said they did not do that. The offer was the offer. I have a degree and extensive business experience, so I was insulted by their VERY low offer.

Interview

Started off taking an online evaluation and mock call center exercise. Took around 40-45 minutes. Heard back after a few days and did a 30 minute phone interview. At the end of the interview an in person interview was set up for two days later (seemed like a good sign). Day of the interview I job shadowed for about 30 minutes and then interviewed with two managers for about an hour. They seemed pleased with my answers and I felt it went well but got an email the following Monday saying they were going with someone else

Interview Questions

• Situational questions mostly about past working experiences   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Spoke with HR on the phone who set up an interview after the initial phone screening. Met with 2 women from the group I was interviewing with as well as the Director. After that in person interview had a phone interview with the Director of the entire group. Process was quick and easy.

Interview Questions

• Questions about technical skills in relation to SQL, software development life cycle, experiences with testing.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewed with hiring manager and then with operations mgr. most questions were about conflict and personality questions. Manager was very open and receptive process was fairly routine and pleasant. Good company

Interview Questions

• Conflict resolution and decision making questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant