Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 24, 2014
Updated Aug 24, 2014
621 interviews

Pricing Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Applied Online and one of their recruiters contacted me. We talked over the phone for about 30 minutes and then she passed me along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I talked for about 45 to an hour. Most of the questions were basically background in terms of how I might fit. I had a background in education with a business focus since graduating undergrad in 2012 and was trying to switch fields.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the hiring manager continued to ask how my experience fit with the role in a number of different ways. He was looking for something I clearly did not know how to respond to.   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

The interview was an average interview. There were no off the wall out of ordinary type questions or scenarios. The usual tell me about yourself and what is it that your looking for in a position.

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

As with all companies, I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very generic. She asked the usual questions. I was selected for the final interview. The final interview was at the campus in Irving, TX. I arrived at 8th and didn't leave until noon. During that time, we (a group of six applicants) were introduced to the company by one of the managers. I sat side by side with someone who is currently doing the same job as I was applying for, and I took a written assessment. After the written assessment was complete, I sat down for a face to face interview. This would be the first of two face to face interviews. After the face to face interview, I completed a online assessment. The final interview was done right after that. I was told that I would receive a call within a week or two if chosen. I got a call about 3 hours after the interview and was offered the job. I am very excited about the opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the salary they offered was quite a bit higher than what I wanted.

DMAP Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

One on campus interview, then if you advanced you went to the whole day interview with around 10 other people interviewing. You spend the day getting tours, and meeting the people in the program now, you have a job shadow with an analyst from distribution and marketing, you have around 3 or 4 behavioral interviews with managers and a case study. They also take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was doing basic math to calculate some easy formulas and mostly it was a discussion on what you would want to take into account when making a business decision, what would come into play before and after, how would you go about doing it etc. Its not very analytics based   Answer Question
    No negotiation-Entry level and its the same for the everyone in the program

No Fault Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

I applied online by uploading my resume and taking a couple competency tests. A week later I was called to set up a phone screening interview, where they asked a little bit about my previous work experience and a little about time-specific instances (ex - describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service to a difficult customer). At the end of the call, the recruiter told me she would like to have me come into the office for an open house, where I would interview again and job shadow, etc. That was a week later, and it was definitely a different experience. Myself and another applicant were first brought into a meeting room where an employee explained the principals and quality standards of Liberty Mutual, some history on the company, etc. Then I met with a manager for my first interview - again, VERY SPECIFIC. Name a time when...describe an instance when....and so on. I really had to prepare for this interview, so don't go in blind. Next I job shadowed a current employee, took a written test (it was an example of how I would handle a claim, steps I would take), took an online test very similar to the one I took when I applied online, and lastly took an interactive customer service test. Finally, I interviewed with one of the top managers who - again - asked me very time specific questions. Come up with lots of examples! The next day I was called by LM and offered a position pending a background check. The background check took about 2 weeks, and once it cleared my start date was another 2 weeks later, and now I'm going through 2 weeks of extensive training. It's a very very very very lengthy process, but this company is very impressive - offers excellent benefits and incentives, and everyone seems very happy here. Good team vibe, so you don't feel like they're just throwing you out on the floor and telling you to start answering calls without any help or training.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to take on a leadership role, whether it be at a previous job, school, etc. How did others respond to your leadership? Did you have to overcome any obstacles while making your decisions?   View Answer
    Because I had prior claims experience and prior medical experience, I was offered around 42,500. I didn't negotiate because I thought that was fair. The company encourages you to apply for other jobs within the company, so I intend on applying for a higher paid position within my first year here.

Liberty Mutual Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview process used to be three months long. Recently changed to mass recruiting. You will attend a four month training process in Hoffman Estates IL. Training is fairly extensive.

No, base is set.

FMDP Interview

Behavior based interviews and the people were laid back. The hardest part is getting to the interview stage. Many tests. Common sense must not be common because I am not very smart and I get in.

none

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

After initial interest from an HR rep, I did a phone interview with an actuary. The questions were straight out of the textbook of behavioral type questions. The guy was literally reading from a piece of paper, and sounded like he was going through the motions from the beginning of the interview. After a couple weeks I emailed back for a status update, and could not get a response. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from answering my email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to answer a question for a customer by using information from multiple resources, how you communicated, etc.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

A one on one interview with the office manager and than I was offered the position through an email. I had to do a background and drug test that took four weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are basic questions about your legal research experience and abilities   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Liberty Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Was hired internally. Employees still have to take the assessment and online test. There was a panel of managers and different questions about my past experiences. I was offered a position within 3 days. They didn't know at the time of the interview how many positions would ultimately be hired, so I was unsure if I would get an offer, although performance in previous position suggested I should.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you didn't feel so good about and outcome and how would you go back and change it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation-