Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Sep 15, 2014

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Began by filling out an online personality and aptitude test. I thought I did horrible with the math portion to be honest, but then ended up getting a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and revolved around answering questions based on how I have reacted in certain situations. Went in to a face to face interview where I sat with an agent for about 30 minutes having a q&a about the position, then went over resume with branch manager. After that I came back for an interview where I had to present a marketing plan I created and make 15 outbound calls with no script to capture lead expiration dates. I captured 3 of the 4 I talked to. I then met with another branch manager and the regional sales manager for a final interview. I then did a background check and was informed that I passed but barely in regards to the tickets I have received in the past, and must not get another ticket or at fault accident to maintain a driving role with the company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, but everything offered was above expectations. Benefits start on day one and I was offered the higher end of the salary range.

Legal Secretary Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2012.

The interview was an average interview. There were no off the wall out of ordinary type questions or scenarios. The usual tell me about yourself and what is it that your looking for in a position.

Project Leader - Special Projects Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dover, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, NH

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Thorough and lengthy process. It took a total of 7 weeks from the initial phone screen with the recruiter to verbal job offer. There were 3 separate on-site visits; all one-on-one interviews with the hiring manager, HR generalist and 4 VPs. Liberty Mutual follows the STAR format for interviews with no trick questions. The dialogue exchange Is meant to see how your skills relate to the position and if there is a cultural and personality fit. Research the company and position and make sure you have quality questions prepared. Everyone was extremely professional and friendly.

The job offer is contingent on passing a background and reference check, which they initiate once you verbally accept. On-boarding and benefits enrollment are done online while that process is taking place.

Interview Questions
    Liberty Mutual posts all their open positions along with the salary range online. There is no second guessing the compensation piece. Where you fall within that range depends on your experience. I was able to discuss this with them and managed to increase the number slightly from their original offer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Applied Online and one of their recruiters contacted me. We talked over the phone for about 30 minutes and then she passed me along to the hiring manager. The hiring manager and I talked for about 45 to an hour. Most of the questions were basically background in terms of how I might fit. I had a background in education with a business focus since graduating undergrad in 2012 and was trying to switch fields.

Interview Questions
    • I guess the hiring manager continued to ask how my experience fit with the role in a number of different ways. He was looking for something I clearly did not know how to respond to.   Answer Question

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

As with all companies, I applied online. I received an email from a recruiter about scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 minutes and was very generic. She asked the usual questions. I was selected for the final interview. The final interview was at the campus in Irving, TX. I arrived at 8th and didn't leave until noon. During that time, we (a group of six applicants) were introduced to the company by one of the managers. I sat side by side with someone who is currently doing the same job as I was applying for, and I took a written assessment. After the written assessment was complete, I sat down for a face to face interview. This would be the first of two face to face interviews. After the face to face interview, I completed a online assessment. The final interview was done right after that. I was told that I would receive a call within a week or two if chosen. I got a call about 3 hours after the interview and was offered the job. I am very excited about the opportunity!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle it and what was the result?   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the salary they offered was quite a bit higher than what I wanted.

DMAP Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

One on campus interview, then if you advanced you went to the whole day interview with around 10 other people interviewing. You spend the day getting tours, and meeting the people in the program now, you have a job shadow with an analyst from distribution and marketing, you have around 3 or 4 behavioral interviews with managers and a case study. They also take you out to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Case study was doing basic math to calculate some easy formulas and mostly it was a discussion on what you would want to take into account when making a business decision, what would come into play before and after, how would you go about doing it etc. Its not very analytics based   Answer Question
    No negotiation-Entry level and its the same for the everyone in the program

Liberty Mutual Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview process used to be three months long. Recently changed to mass recruiting. You will attend a four month training process in Hoffman Estates IL. Training is fairly extensive.

No, base is set.

No Fault Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

I applied online by uploading my resume and taking a couple competency tests. A week later I was called to set up a phone screening interview, where they asked a little bit about my previous work experience and a little about time-specific instances (ex - describe a time when you displayed excellent customer service to a difficult customer). At the end of the call, the recruiter told me she would like to have me come into the office for an open house, where I would interview again and job shadow, etc. That was a week later, and it was definitely a different experience. Myself and another applicant were first brought into a meeting room where an employee explained the principals and quality standards of Liberty Mutual, some history on the company, etc. Then I met with a manager for my first interview - again, VERY SPECIFIC. Name a time when...describe an instance when....and so on. I really had to prepare for this interview, so don't go in blind. Next I job shadowed a current employee, took a written test (it was an example of how I would handle a claim, steps I would take), took an online test very similar to the one I took when I applied online, and lastly took an interactive customer service test. Finally, I interviewed with one of the top managers who - again - asked me very time specific questions. Come up with lots of examples! The next day I was called by LM and offered a position pending a background check. The background check took about 2 weeks, and once it cleared my start date was another 2 weeks later, and now I'm going through 2 weeks of extensive training. It's a very very very very lengthy process, but this company is very impressive - offers excellent benefits and incentives, and everyone seems very happy here. Good team vibe, so you don't feel like they're just throwing you out on the floor and telling you to start answering calls without any help or training.

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to take on a leadership role, whether it be at a previous job, school, etc. How did others respond to your leadership? Did you have to overcome any obstacles while making your decisions?   View Answer
    Because I had prior claims experience and prior medical experience, I was offered around 42,500. I didn't negotiate because I thought that was fair. The company encourages you to apply for other jobs within the company, so I intend on applying for a higher paid position within my first year here.

FMDP Interview

Behavior based interviews and the people were laid back. The hardest part is getting to the interview stage. Many tests. Common sense must not be common because I am not very smart and I get in.

none

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

After initial interest from an HR rep, I did a phone interview with an actuary. The questions were straight out of the textbook of behavioral type questions. The guy was literally reading from a piece of paper, and sounded like he was going through the motions from the beginning of the interview. After a couple weeks I emailed back for a status update, and could not get a response. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from answering my email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to answer a question for a customer by using information from multiple resources, how you communicated, etc.   Answer Question