Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – I had phone interview with Liberty Mutual with an actuary. She asked a lot of behavior question. It seems she just go through the process of interview. And read the information which I can get from website in the Q&A section.

Interview Question – We are P&C company and you are following a life track. Why do you apply for our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – I applied for the Liberty Mutual Associate position directly from the company website. It took about two weeks for them to send me an email to complete an online assessment session. This needed to be completed in three days. The questions included reading comprehension and personality assessment questions. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – When going through the online assessment session, I would say that the reading comprehension and some of the vocabulary questions were a bit difficult. It asked questions such as, "Computer is to Desk, as Printer is to...." and you would need to fill in the blank. There was a section for vocabulary words that through me off just a little bit. I did have to consult a dictionary to look up the definitions of some of the words. The remaining personality assessment portion was not difficult. It was pretty basic questions on work habits that you just need answer honestly.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Interview Question – What do you do on a daily basis?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Question – Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Claims Training Program Interview

Claims Training Program
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – First phase: Applied online, including personality and skill inventory.

Second phase: Phone call with campus recruiter. Lots of STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...") Also had to email unofficial transcript to verify GPA

Third phase: In person interview with claims team managers. Again, lots more STAR questions covering every job listed on my resume. Also had a 'job shadow' but this consisted of nothing more than talking to an employee - she didn't do any work for the 10 minutes I was with her. Still, it was a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture.

After that, recruiter got in touch with me a couple times to keep me updated on where they were in the hiring process. In the end I got another offer before they finished.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   Answer Question

Underwriting Training Program-Commercial Insurance Interview

Underwriting Training Program-Commercial Insurance
Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted app. through campus recruiting website. Response asked for a phone interview followed by a in person interview with 3 managers. Asked to walk through each part of resume, and 5-7 behavioral questions. Managers were very laid back and made it much less stressful than it could have been.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to deal with a complex situation. How did you go about it, what was the result. What would you do differently if it happened again?
Tell us about a time you put yourself in an undesirable situation and how you went about it
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, very pleased with initial offer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Interview Details – lengthy process and useless tests. you had to speak with a recruiter, take some test then re-interview with the recruiter then get in front of the branch manager then the area manager.

Interview Question – what is the worst quality you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – rigid this is the position and salary and that's it

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule telephone interview for the following day. She asked many questions, such as "Name a time where you had incomplete information and had to come to a decision."

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Field Counsel Interview

Field Counsel

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – People were generally very nice. No pointed or very difficult questions were asked. Interviews were done with 2-4 attorneys, depending on the nature of the position and availability of staff. Interview lasted about an hour or so, and the response from the hiring manager was relatively fast.

Interview Question – Was asked how much secretarial support I would need/expect--difficult to answer since I knew they were cutting staff and downsizing in general.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was an employer's market out there and you could not negotiate salary much, if at all.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – The on-line assessments were precise and geared towards the actual position, rather than a generic overview of skills. The initial phone interview with the recruiter was detailed and she was very friendly; I felt extremely comfortable speaking with her.
When at the face-to-face interview, I was there for over 4 hours and actually got to sit with a current employee and watch her do her job. Upon completion of my time there, I felt they truly knew who I was and what I was looking for, as well as vice versa.

Interview Question – There was a written test at the end that presented a mock situation with handling a claim. Considering I have had zero prior claims experience, I was not sure whether I had answered it well or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered the highest end of the hiring salary, so there wasn 't anything to negotiate. The benefits begin on the first day and it is a Monday through Friday schedule. It couldn't be more perfect.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance