Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewer was very professional and scripted. There was no telling whether any kind of rapport was built. Interviewer was very nice and explained the opportunity for advancement, that the benefits are very good. Asked what I am currently making. Describe your current daily duties. Why Liberty Mutual. How I deliver bad news. Waiting on a call back. Said it would take a week for the information taken in interview to move on to next step.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an in person interview. Both a lot of behavioral questions asked throughout. Make sure to have specific examples. Everyone was very nice at the interview although the questioning was intense.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a decision without all the information needed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mishawaka, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The first step was a brief phone interview with the HR recruiter. At the conclusion of this call, a second interview (at the call center) was scheduled for 3 business days later. The recruiter said to plan for a 2 hour commitment. Upon arrival I was greeted by the local HR rep who had me sit and listen in to an experienced CSR take two calls. Then came back-to-back interviews with the HR rep and the department manager. All in all I was done in just over an hour. The recruiter called me 4 business days later to tell me they chose to pursue other candidates who had more flexibility in their schedules to work evening hours. All in all it was a positive experience because the recruiter was helpful in identifying other potential opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the inevitable boredom that comes with working in a call center?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a 30 minute phone interview, and they said at the end of the call I would be contacted for an in person interview soon. About a month later, I got the information for the 2-hour in person interview. A week after the interview, I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Why Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
    • How do I expect to be praised/recognized in the workplace? How important is it for me to be recognized?   1 Answer
    • Would I rather work as a team or alone?   1 Answer
    • Do I do well with a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary they offered me was more than I even expected.

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Open House/Cattle Call. 20-25 people placed in banquet room while company info ran on big screen on continuous loop. Called into smaller hall one by one. From there, 1/1 interviews conducted with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience? Schedule adherence? Commute difficulty?   Answer Question

Entry Level Sales Representatiive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Hoffman Estates, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Pre-interview Application Process: Online application, resume submission, and assessment test (about 1.5 hrs)
    Step One: Phone interview (about 1 hr)
    Step Two: In person interview with Branch Manager of Hoffman Estates location and Sales Academy Manager (about 2 hrs)
    Step Three: In person interview with Geneva Branch Manager & presentation of marketing plan

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions related to how I have proven my sales skills, in a "tell me about a time when..." format   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, within a few days I got a call from HR Campus Recruiter to set up a phone interview. Went over behavioral questions as well as interests in school. Also asked questions about my resume, past experiences. 2 weeks later, got a call to come in for an interview with the hiring managers. This interview was more relaxed, on the side of get to you know, do you fit here. About 3-4 days later I got a call from the campus recruiter offering me the position

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw their posting on my school's career website and submitted my application on their website. The total time from application submission to offer is about 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after my submission. I had 3 interviews in total (screening with HR, manager, current employees in department I'm potentially being hired into), and they were via video (MS Lync) and phone. All of the people I talked to were really nice, and I was able to ask them a lot of questions about the company as well as the position I'm applying for. They ask you about your experiences and skills, and they ask some general technical questions but no coding. You will be communicating with the recruiters through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question

Senior Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Trenton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Received very professional call from Talent Acquisition who sincerely appeared to want to get me placed in the best match for my skill set. Prompt response/organized. Follow up interview set up in a week. Knowledgeable anout the kob and company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a case where you were able to get a great result.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

4 weeks from application to offer letter. After applying on a Tuesday, I got an email from a recruiter in less than 48 hours on Thursday morning. The recruiter scheduled a phone interview for the following Thursday. (Week 2) The phone interview consisted of mostly background information. I was asked about my current and past jobs as well as experience. Immediately after completing the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled an in-person interview with the hiring manager for the following Wednesday.

(Week 3)The first in-person interview consisted of a 45-50 minute sit down with the hiring manager. They asked the usual "tell me about a time when" questions, as well as asked about previous job experience & my background. It was very relaxed and casual, not intimidating at all. After the interview, I was told I should hear back by early the following week.

(Week 4) The following Tuesday morning, I received an email from another recruiter to arrange another in-person interview and job shadowing. I was told that I would do a teleconference interview with the hiring manager's boss who works out of Denver. The interview was scheduled for the following Wednesday. However, later that day the recruiter emailed back stating that the hiring manager would like me to come in sooner if possible, so we agreed on Thursday afternoon for a 1 hour time slot.

The first 20-30 minutes was spent sitting with current claims specialists. I was able to watch them do the job and ask questions about the position, the company, etc. Everyone I spoke to seemed to really enjoy the job and working for Liberty Mutual. After shadowing, I was put in a conference room set up with a laptop and webcam and had a 20-25 minute teleconference interview with the regional claims manager in Denver. This interview consisted mostly of background questions and questions about my current job. No "tell me about a time" questions this time, thank goodness. I was asked what my current salary was and what my salary expectations were.

The following Monday afternoon, 4 weeks after I applied online, I received a phone call offering me the position... and the offer letter came the following day, contingent on a background check of course.

I think the only semi-negative part of the whole process was that they were in a rush to have everyone start, so I was unable to give a full 2 weeks notice to my current employer... but that wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• If I were to speak to your manager now, how would they describe your performance in your current role?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.