Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – For the one off jobs it can take a long time to get hired. You have to be persistent. Call and bug the manager and recruiter. Follow up and sale your self. Pretentious the manager and the recruiter are your sales prospects. If you get into a batch hire situation it's much easier and quicker to get in. Eaither way you will end up with 4 plus interviews.

Interview Question – You will get asked to quickly create a marketing plan. You have to have thought out where and how you are going to market to get business. Who are your best centers of influence who you will call to help you find prospects. Know some numbers like the size of your local market, your number if face book friends. Who do you know that owns a business or that can help you get access to referrals for customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed. The offer is the offer. Ay be you get to select from a couple locations.

Claims Analyst Interview

Claims Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – I started the process by completing an online application and was contacted by a hiring manager in HR by phone a few weeks later. I was asked the standard phone interview questions, nothing special as this was my first "real" job out of college. After being identified as a fit I was given the opportunity to interview with a Claims Manager at another location (I was applying from a different location than where the position was).

The in-person interview was pretty easy and straightforward. She explained the job in great detail and basically asked if I could do it and I provided some relevant examples of how I might fair based on my internship experiences. I was then taken to a cubicle and given two very simple math and logical reasoning tests, presumably to validate I had an IQ over 90. A few weeks later I was asked about a black mark on my record (pseudo-DUI type situation), explained what had happened, and was then offered a job. Pretty easy.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary. One of the most standard interviewing processes.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – As this was an entry-level position and my first job, there was no room to negotiate. Based on the location, I was already in the highest salary bracket

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Actuarial Assistant

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – I had phone interview with Liberty Mutual with an actuary. She asked a lot of behavior question. It seems she just go through the process of interview. And read the information which I can get from website in the Q&A section.

Interview Question – We are P&C company and you are following a life track. Why do you apply for our company?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Interview Question – What do you do on a daily basis?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Anonymous Interview

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – I applied for the Liberty Mutual Associate position directly from the company website. It took about two weeks for them to send me an email to complete an online assessment session. This needed to be completed in three days. The questions included reading comprehension and personality assessment questions. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Question – When going through the online assessment session, I would say that the reading comprehension and some of the vocabulary questions were a bit difficult. It asked questions such as, "Computer is to Desk, as Printer is to...." and you would need to fill in the blank. There was a section for vocabulary words that through me off just a little bit. I did have to consult a dictionary to look up the definitions of some of the words. The remaining personality assessment portion was not difficult. It was pretty basic questions on work habits that you just need answer honestly.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Question – Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Claims Training Program Interview

Claims Training Program
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – First phase: Applied online, including personality and skill inventory.

Second phase: Phone call with campus recruiter. Lots of STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...") Also had to email unofficial transcript to verify GPA

Third phase: In person interview with claims team managers. Again, lots more STAR questions covering every job listed on my resume. Also had a 'job shadow' but this consisted of nothing more than talking to an employee - she didn't do any work for the 10 minutes I was with her. Still, it was a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture.

After that, recruiter got in touch with me a couple times to keep me updated on where they were in the hiring process. In the end I got another offer before they finished.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   Answer Question

Underwriting Training Program-Commercial Insurance Interview

Underwriting Training Program-Commercial Insurance
Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted app. through campus recruiting website. Response asked for a phone interview followed by a in person interview with 3 managers. Asked to walk through each part of resume, and 5-7 behavioral questions. Managers were very laid back and made it much less stressful than it could have been.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to deal with a complex situation. How did you go about it, what was the result. What would you do differently if it happened again?
Tell us about a time you put yourself in an undesirable situation and how you went about it
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, very pleased with initial offer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Insurance Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Interview Details – lengthy process and useless tests. you had to speak with a recruiter, take some test then re-interview with the recruiter then get in front of the branch manager then the area manager.

Interview Question – what is the worst quality you have?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – rigid this is the position and salary and that's it

Product Management Intern Interview

Product Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule telephone interview for the following day. She asked many questions, such as "Name a time where you had incomplete information and had to come to a decision."

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question