Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

It took a couple weeks after the initial HR phone screen, I was scheduled for a phone interview with a director from NH followed by 2 onsite interviews at the Seattle office.
    The actual interviews were average, there seems to be worksheet HR wants managers to go from with standard behavioral questions. Each interview was to be 45 minutes long. The second interview, the manager states that 45 minutes wasn't long enough and kept me there for an hour and a half. Was also asked to put together a puzzle out of wooden pieces to a specified shape on a sheet provided. And then kept asking me interview questions while trying to make the pieces go together.
    Since the hiring manager was out the east coast the managers at the Seattle office didn't know the next steps. A week after the interview, I checked in with the HR recruiter and was told I was a top contender and was just waiting to hear back from the manager. After waiting over another 2 week sent another email for a check in on status. Was then told the position has been filled which was fair but I don't think I would have ever been notified had I not followed up with the recruiter. I really find it inconsiderate of a company to not value candidates and provide an update even if it's not good news. I was really disappointed in Liberty Mutual and their lack of follow up.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

I applied for the job in December i think, through my university's career site, and got an interview offer and had the interview in February. It wasn't too difficult but they definitely focus on the analytical side of things and in order to move on to second round interviews, you had to show that you have prior experience with analyzing problems, etc. my interviewer was very nice, very friendly, but I think we both knew I wasn't fit for the position because of what this specific internship entailed

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of a time you had to analyze a problem   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

Recruited through college. Had first round phone interview before flying out to Seattle for final round. Final round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 behavioral, 1 case question, and 1 job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could have done better if you had done more analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and so had my first rounds on my school campus. This interview was relatively laid back, focused on previous work with analytics.
    Second round interview was in their offices in Seattle. A large group of candidates were present on the day i interviewed. Consists of three one on one interview with managers of the department along with a job shadow with a current analyst.
    The analysts as a group were young and seemed genuinely excited by the work they do and the company culture, especially within their department.
    The case study wasn't too hard but you are required to do basic math while someone watches you.

They did well to make everyone feel welcome and at ease.

Free lunch!

Interview Questions
    • Case Study in front of a team member was not particularly difficult but feels pressured. Be sure to do a review of basic math skills before your interview so that you do not get frazzled.

Tell me about a time when you have used data analytics in a professional business setting to achieve a certain result.

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Pretty lengthy and involved hiring process. Upon application, you will have to do an online personality test and skills test. If you pass those, a recruiter will call and speak with you about the available positions and give you their view of what the job duties are. You will then be set up with an interview with the branch manager. Depending on your background, you may be required to do a marketing plan and present it at the second interview. He will determine if you move on to the final interview with the area manager. If the area manager gives the okay, you will most likely get a job offer call from the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, salaries are set per state guidelines.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Analyst Interview

Met at recruiting fair to fill one position. Once that was filled, I was connected to another practice area for an interview. Standard phone interview for the first round about experiences with data, problem solving, teamwork, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to solve a problem when you felt like there was a gap in available information?   Answer Question

Financial Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Submitted resume online through their website. A few days later a got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was easy. Basic questions such as why did you choose your major, a time you worked on a group project. Mostly the phone interview was to inform me about the internship. About a week later I received an email from HR and was asked to travel to Boston (set me up w/ flight and hotel) for an in person interview. I had 2 interviews, both 45 minutes. Less than a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CFO tomorrow what would you do?
      A time you formed a relationship outside your usual work group
      A time you had to communicate effectively

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Overall the process was not bad at all. I applied through the website indeed. The application was lengthy. There was a personality test and math quiz, but I seemed to do okay with that portion. I received an email a few days later telling me they were scheduling phone interviews for the next. I emailed available times, and they emailed me back with a confirmation. I received the call right on the dot. It was supposed to last 30 min but only took 12 min. ( probably not a good sign) overall she asked generic questions, then explained the role of the job, then asked if I had any questions. I only had a few questions and the interview was over. She said I would receive an email within 2 days letting me know the status of my application, I didn't receive the job. I think I slipped up when I asked questions about graduate school and their tuition reimbursement. I also mentioned I was going into sales bc my parents said I couldn't make it in sales ( not good) lastly be sure to ask plenty of questions! The process was professional and a good experience. Ijgraveyard justjusgraduated

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question