Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

Distribution & Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First Interview was with someone in the Distibution & Marketing Analyst role. Interview was held at my school's career center. Standard behavioral questions, asked me to go over my resume, why I'm interested in Liberty Mutual, why I chose my major/school, all standard stuff

Second round interview was at Liberty Mutual Headquarters in Boston. Interviewed with two managers and had one case interview. The interview with the two managers was again, very standard behavioral questions: tell me a time when you did, asked me about my excel skills, when I've used excel in the past, how familiar I am with using data, and prior instances where I've solved a problem or made a process more efficient.

The case study involved a hypothetical situation regarding two competing companies: Standard "market expansion" type of questions. Given a set of graphs, and asked to calculate profit margins, costs, and profits. Basic algebra skills was all you needed to ace this part

Interview Questions
    • I was not expecting a case study at all and math is my worst subject. The more nervous I got, the more I couldn't seem to get the correct answer   View Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

It is a very difficult interview process. You have to take a profile test. Always answer the questions as if you are self employed business owner. At least 3 interviews to go thru a few levels of management.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Three interviews, one over the phone, two in-person. It's all behavioral-based interviewing: "tell me about a time when..." They want to get to know you and how you work as a n individual. I've worked in the role for just shy of a year now and there is a high turnover - they need to know you are a self-starter with a strong will to succeed in this business.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when you explained something very complicated to someone."   Answer Question
    They set expectations at the beginning, there is no negotiating.

IT Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through Liberty Mutual job board. The process began in late November and took about 3 weeks. I had one initial video interview with an IT HR manager and a final round video interview with assignment managers. Interviews were largely behavioral-based about your technical experience (ex. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult IT project and how you handled it...)

Interview Questions
    • They went through a list of technologies (Java, HTML, SQL, etc.) and asked me to rate my proficiency from 1-5 in each category. They explicitly said that this wasn't to test me, but rather to see what my current skillset was.   Answer Question
    Location was open for negotiation.

Product Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

I just had an interview today at my college career services center so I am still unsure of the results, but I felt that it went pretty smoothly. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable even though I was a bit nervous at the beginning. The recruiter asked several behavioral questions such as: 1) Describe a time where you had to use difficult software 2) Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision 3) Tell me about a time where you had to analyze data to make a decision 4) Why did you want to go to your current school 5) Tell me about a hardship and how you dealt with it 6) Tell me about a time you gave a speech or presentation. Overall, the interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision   Answer Question

Customer Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

I applied online and received email to set up a phone interview two days later. I did well on that interview and set up final interview a week later. The final interview lasted three hours. It consisted of two interviews with two different managers, job shadowing and written assessment. The hiring managers were nice and the interview went well

Interview Questions
    Nothing to negotiate. I told the recruiter what I wanted during the phone interview and I got what I asked for.

Product Management Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

I applied through my school's career center and was contacted a couple weeks after applying. I had an on campus interview with a recruiter from the company. The questions consisted of mainly behavioral situations, but there were a couple questions about Excel and Pivot tables. Make sure to elaborate on why you want to work for the company and the specific job title.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain how to use Pivot tables in Excel and what is their purpose?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

The interview process was very long. I had applied for one position and within a few days I was contacted to do an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. This was about 30 minutes. After this the HR recruiter passed me off to a scheduling assistant who scheduled me for a two hour panel style interview. When I arrived for the panel style interview only one of the people who was supposed to be there was and another unexpected person. This took the entire duration. After this it took a few weeks to get a response and unfortunately the response was that the requirement was taken from that particular hiring manager. I was then referred to another similar role. From here I was again passed to the scheduling assistant who scheduled me for two hours worth of half hour in person marathon interviews. After this I was contacted by the HR recruiter and within a couple weeks I was scheduled for a second marathon round of 4 interviews. In the end I unfortunately didn't get the job. This was obviously a disappointment but even more so because I had invested so much time into the interview process. All in all I would say the interview process lasted over two months.

Distribution and Marketing Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

The position was posted on my university's career center page. I applied online and heard back pretty quickly (less than a week) that I had an interview. Met with a representative from Liberty Mutual on campus. The interview was fairly standard - asked me a few questions about work sponsorship, then we dove into going over my resume, work experience and classes. Questions asked weren't too difficult, but the interviewer was awkward and seemed really bored with his job. Now waiting to hear back on second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you had to deliver difficult news and how did you go about it? What was the end result, and how was your relationship with the people you gave the news to changed?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist III Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Complete a phone interview. I was called for an interview at the claims office. The interview was 2 hours. The interview was with two different group of managers. About one hour with each group. You then sit with a current employee.

Interview Questions
    They would not negotiate the salary.