Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Analyst Development Program Interview

Recruited through college. Had first round phone interview before flying out to Seattle for final round. Final round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 behavioral, 1 case question, and 1 job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you could have done better if you had done more analysis.   Answer Question

Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through on-campus recruiting and so had my first rounds on my school campus. This interview was relatively laid back, focused on previous work with analytics.
    Second round interview was in their offices in Seattle. A large group of candidates were present on the day i interviewed. Consists of three one on one interview with managers of the department along with a job shadow with a current analyst.
    The analysts as a group were young and seemed genuinely excited by the work they do and the company culture, especially within their department.
    The case study wasn't too hard but you are required to do basic math while someone watches you.

They did well to make everyone feel welcome and at ease.

Free lunch!

Interview Questions
    • Case Study in front of a team member was not particularly difficult but feels pressured. Be sure to do a review of basic math skills before your interview so that you do not get frazzled.

Tell me about a time when you have used data analytics in a professional business setting to achieve a certain result.

Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Pretty lengthy and involved hiring process. Upon application, you will have to do an online personality test and skills test. If you pass those, a recruiter will call and speak with you about the available positions and give you their view of what the job duties are. You will then be set up with an interview with the branch manager. Depending on your background, you may be required to do a marketing plan and present it at the second interview. He will determine if you move on to the final interview with the area manager. If the area manager gives the okay, you will most likely get a job offer call from the branch manager.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly predictable questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question
    No real negotiation, salaries are set per state guidelines.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

it was easy you go online filled out the app took an assessment, a week later I got a phone interview, then moved on to face to face , interviewed with 3 managers, got hired, went through the background checks and got hired process took a month

Analyst Interview

Met at recruiting fair to fill one position. Once that was filled, I was connected to another practice area for an interview. Standard phone interview for the first round about experiences with data, problem solving, teamwork, etc.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to solve a problem when you felt like there was a gap in available information?   Answer Question

Financial Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Submitted resume online through their website. A few days later a got a call to set up a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview was easy. Basic questions such as why did you choose your major, a time you worked on a group project. Mostly the phone interview was to inform me about the internship. About a week later I received an email from HR and was asked to travel to Boston (set me up w/ flight and hotel) for an in person interview. I had 2 interviews, both 45 minutes. Less than a week later I got an offer.

Interview Questions
    • If you were CFO tomorrow what would you do?
      A time you formed a relationship outside your usual work group
      A time you had to communicate effectively

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Overall the process was not bad at all. I applied through the website indeed. The application was lengthy. There was a personality test and math quiz, but I seemed to do okay with that portion. I received an email a few days later telling me they were scheduling phone interviews for the next. I emailed available times, and they emailed me back with a confirmation. I received the call right on the dot. It was supposed to last 30 min but only took 12 min. ( probably not a good sign) overall she asked generic questions, then explained the role of the job, then asked if I had any questions. I only had a few questions and the interview was over. She said I would receive an email within 2 days letting me know the status of my application, I didn't receive the job. I think I slipped up when I asked questions about graduate school and their tuition reimbursement. I also mentioned I was going into sales bc my parents said I couldn't make it in sales ( not good) lastly be sure to ask plenty of questions! The process was professional and a good experience. Ijgraveyard justjusgraduated

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interviewed over the phone. The nice thing about this is you are judged by your words and work history and not appearances. They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone. There was no negotiating. They go through different agencies and I found male co-workers who were unlicensed, with no degree or experience were being paid over two times the amount that I was getting. I am licensed with a degree and experience.

Interview Questions
    • They were run of the mill questions; the canned one's most employers are getting out of their HR handbooks and asking everyone.   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Applied online through Liberty Mutual website. Received a call about two weeks later to tell me a little bit about the internship, what it entailed, and to answer any basic questions I had. Set up a date and time for a phone interview/screen. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Rapid fire with mostly all behavioral questions. Started off with asking where and whom I learned about the internship from and why exactly I was interested in interning with Liberty Mutual and why as an Underwriting Intern. Heard back from them less than 2 weeks later to set up an on-site interview. Stay tuned...

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Had better offer.

Business Systems Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The process took a while however the communication was good. I was able to work with the recruiter when ever I had questions. She was very helpful. The interview consisted of one 30 minute phone interview, an interview with a manager and then the manager who was hiring. The interviews with the managers were both one hour each. The questions were primarily behavior based (SAR).

Interview Questions
    • My interveiwer asked me what gives me the motivation to do work.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. The position was already well out of my reach. I happily accepted.