Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Springfield, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recommended by an employee for this position. Received an email pointing me to an online assessment test which took about an hour and included various role playing scenarios for a customer service rep, and then a few personality tests. After that, I received an email request for scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. Then I was scheduled for a face-to-face interview at the call center. This was done in a small group and began with a powerpoint presentation of an overview of the job and the company. Then I had 2 half hour interviews with a different supervisor for each. I felt I had a good rapport with each of them, and felt comfortable answering the questions. After that, I sat and watched/listened to a customer rep for a half hour. They told me I would hear in about a week, but I got an email the next day saying they were not going to hire me. I heard from the employee who recommended me that out of 12 people who were interviewed that day only 4 passed.
    This process took almost an entire day out of my life, and am chalking it up to a good opportunity for practice.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were asking me to give an example of how I dealt with difficult job situations.   Answer Question

Claims Team Manager Interview

Interview

Watch out, once they get your number they wont stop calling! Seems like an ok company and the people were really nice. I was misled about the interview process. Seems you go to class about the company and then get called back for an interview.

Interview Questions

No manager positions and it is commission based

Actuarial Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview was a little over 10 minutes. Asked some behavioral questions. No technical question. Went over resume. I was not very interested in property and casualty when I interviewed and their question asked if I know the difference between property and casualty and health. Got stuck

Interview Questions

• Tell me an instance where your leadership skills were necessary   Answer Question

Supply Chain Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in January and had phone screening a week later. I interviewed in Boston 3 weeks later. In Boston I had three 1-1 interviews and was asked all behavioral questions. Google and study Sharon's 100 Questions and you'll be prepared. Great experience despite no offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to made a quick decision (with a deadline) with limited information.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Albany, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

i apply online and they gave me a interview in college, it was a interview in person. it takes about 30 min for the interview. question are really normal, such as gave me an example that when you need to make a decision in a very short time.

Interview Questions

• normal, gave me a example that you think is most significant on your resume   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied on line and received a response the next day. Had a phone interview with the recruiter and it went well. He asked a couple of behavioral questions and asked to describe the first thing that comes to mind. I was told I'd get an email within the next 2 weeks. Received an email a day before the 2 week mark and was asked to meet with the manager. I met with the manager and was really asked nothing but two or three questions at the most. The manager talked about the position more than anything and seemed to be in a rush. I felt as if I was being interviewed just because I was already scheduled. I received an email exactly two weeks after the interview advising that I would not get an offer. The whole process took about a little over a month.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had to assist a customer with an urgent request and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

It took a couple weeks after the initial HR phone screen, I was scheduled for a phone interview with a director from NH followed by 2 onsite interviews at the Seattle office.
    The actual interviews were average, there seems to be worksheet HR wants managers to go from with standard behavioral questions. Each interview was to be 45 minutes long. The second interview, the manager states that 45 minutes wasn't long enough and kept me there for an hour and a half. Was also asked to put together a puzzle out of wooden pieces to a specified shape on a sheet provided. And then kept asking me interview questions while trying to make the pieces go together.
    Since the hiring manager was out the east coast the managers at the Seattle office didn't know the next steps. A week after the interview, I checked in with the HR recruiter and was told I was a top contender and was just waiting to hear back from the manager. After waiting over another 2 week sent another email for a check in on status. Was then told the position has been filled which was fair but I don't think I would have ever been notified had I not followed up with the recruiter. I really find it inconsiderate of a company to not value candidates and provide an update even if it's not good news. I was really disappointed in Liberty Mutual and their lack of follow up.

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in December i think, through my university's career site, and got an interview offer and had the interview in February. It wasn't too difficult but they definitely focus on the analytical side of things and in order to move on to second round interviews, you had to show that you have prior experience with analyzing problems, etc. my interviewer was very nice, very friendly, but I think we both knew I wasn't fit for the position because of what this specific internship entailed

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to analyze a problem   Answer Question

Risk Control Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2015.

Interview

Phone Screen: Asked about career aspiration, how the position would fit into my career plan, strength/weaknesses, and other general interview questions

Onsite Interview: 3.5 hours total, met with 6 different people through out the day (hiring manager, lead consultant, and consulting team), more behavioral questions/background question, and gave presentation about myself

Interview Questions

Interview

Recruited through college. Had first round phone interview before flying out to Seattle for final round. Final round consisted of 4 interviews, 2 behavioral, 1 case question, and 1 job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could have done better if you had done more analysis.   Answer Question