Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.9

Claims Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (South Bend, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to hiring event. Interviewed with screeners and then back with hiring manager. Received call a week later. Background and credit check. Then received welcome call. Received benefits emails and signs up and waited for my start date.

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I first applied online to attend a Leadership Conference in Boston, MA from June 21-June 23. I had a phone interview with a kind HR person who told me at the end of the phone interview that I seemed to be a good fit to attend and that I'd get an offer to attend the conference in a couple weeks. I accepted the offer and I went to Boston that June. They paid for everything (my flight from Los Angeles, CA, food, hotel, taxi from airport to hotel, etc.). On June 23 at the end of the conference I had an interview for a internship position at Liberty for the Analyst Development Program in Boston, MA for the summer of 2016. It was pretty difficult, consisting of one 45 minute case interview where I had to solve analytical programs in front of two interviewers, and two 45 minute behavioral interviews where I answered situation questions about myself. The whole thing was 2 hours and 15 minutes. I got my acceptance for the internship program in mid-July.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you defied authority while getting a project done because you disagreed with what they wanted you to do or how they wanted you to complete the project.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you went above and beyond your typical responsibilities for a job or project and how did it turn out.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to learn a new skill set or programming language to complete a project.   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Voorhees, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Voorhees, NJ).

Interview

Online application Online test Phone interview In-person interview Phone call with offer All of the people I met spoke with were very nice and professional. It wasn't until the offer that I felt I had been led down the wrong path. During the phone screen I told them my salary requirements and was told it wouldn't be a problem. When I received my offer, $10k below my required income, I was very angry that they wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had a problem with a customer and how you solved it   Answer Question

The posted range of the position was $30,500-51,000 and they offered $39,000. When I tried to negotiate, they said they did not do that. The offer was the offer. I have a degree and extensive business experience, so I was insulted by their VERY low offer.

Marketing Analytics Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process seems slow and drawn out. Very slow response or no response from changing HR contacts. HR says great things about the benefits of working LM. I've talked with other co-workers who LM HR has communicated with, same message about good salary and benefits and very very very slow HR process. I only had multiple phone interviews for 2 different jobs at LM. Liberty Mutual is a tease and be on a rolling admission process so that will take likely months. Apply to other jobs while interviewing with LM.

Bodily Injury Claims Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Winston-Salem, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

The response to my application was only 2 days, and the telephone interview was scheduled for the next day. I found the interviewer to be insightful and quite profesional, as versus robotic and the questions seemed to be tailored to discuss my unique qualifications and expertise, versus questions by rote. The interviewer was especially interested in my philosophy of management.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised when asked if I would like to be considered simultaneoulsy for a Senior Bodily Injury Claim Adjuster position, soon to be posted.   1 Answer

Business Analyst and Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Some technical questions, but mostly STAR-method behavioral questions. Didn't really need to prepare, just needed to know how employers expect interview questions to be answered. Felt comfortable during the interview, despite the interviewer writing down all of my answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a tight deadline   Answer Question

Fast Track Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Rocklin, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. One day later received a assessment via email from a third party site. A week later was contacted for a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview I was scheduled for an in person interview with a team lead manager. Interview was pretty basic, a lot of behavioral based questions. After initial interview, a week later, was scheduled for another final interview with the head of the department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

Recruiter asked basic questions. Did not know much about the position. It was a basic 20 minute interview regarding the job and the goals. Also explained that we had to buy our own leads and 60% of the time you would be in the field getting leads.

Interview Questions

The pay structure and the idea to harass friends and family about insurance

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Took very lengthy behavioral test (appox 1 hour). Completed phone screen interview. Received offer to interview on site the following week. 2 person panel interview. They played good cop bad cop. Also got to sit with agent for 30 minutes to shadow position which I could no doubt do based off my career experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you read? and if so: Who is a famous author/celebrity you respect and if you had the chance to meet this person, what would you ask them?   1 Answer
    • What assets would you bring to my team?   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

Interview

It was an HR screening. I applied online and within a week i received an email asking to set up a time to talk with HR. The questions were straight forward, just be sure to know your resume inide-out. I am still waiting to hear if I will proceed into the next round.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Liberty Mutual? 2. Walk me through your resume. 3. Tell me about a time you dealt with stress/difficult situation in the workplace.   Answer Question