Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Online Assessment, Phone interview by recruiter, in person interview with branch manager twice , in person interview with branch manager and area manager. Background check. Takes anywhere from 2-3 months for the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations since it is a salary+commission position

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Three months from application to actual interview. An email to set up a phone call, the phone call from the talent recruiter, the one on one. A lot of time in between everything which is odd if they really want to fill a position. The guy told me the job had been posted forever (evidently internally because I saw it on the day it was external)

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Didn't even really seem like an interview.   Answer Question

Bodily Injury Claims Specialist II Interview

Received email for phone interview. 1st time scheduled no one called but week later was set up for another time. Had phone interview and thought it went really well. Was told would be called in a week to come in for in person interview. No call came another week went by. I emailed the recruiter they went with someone else. A new position was listed a couple of days ago so I applied again & this time 3 days later I get a thanks but no thanks email. I'm seriously bummed. I have 14 years of experience in disability & claims investigations so am confused as well. Would love to have an in.person interview to be able to look at someone and talk about my experience & what an awesome addition I would be for their company & would be loyal as my current employment has been for 14 years.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one time how you had to deliver bad news & how did the person react to it.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Submitted resume online, was contacted around 3 months later asking to schedule a phone interview. First interview was an HR screen, which was followed by a second interview with a manager the following week. Both were entirely behavioral(what would you do in xyz situation, tell me about a time where you did xyz thing, etc.). Was offered job during second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond what was expected of you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what your favorite class is and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you demonstrated great collaboration ability in a team setting   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a school project you are most proud of   Answer Question
    • What do you seek to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

I applied online through my university/the company website and was selected for a phone interview a few weeks later. I was lucky enough to have this amazing recruiter, Tiffany, would connected with me right away. We had a productive conversation about my background and one or two behavioral questions. I was invited for an in-person interview (which at the time I was applying for an underwriting position) which went really well, but they decided to go with an internal hire. I was really impressed with the HR department, though, because they recognized that I could be a good fit somewhere else in the company. Tiffany, who again was amazing, referred me to a business analyst position where I received an offer after a skype interview. Overall, my experience was great.

My advice is to very personable. I did not have a noteworthy internship after my junior year which was a disadvantage when applying to most jobs. However, if you can come of as a genuine, kind, respectable, and knowledgeable young adult the recruiters can overlook a lack of experience.

Also know something about the insurance industry. Not just about Liberty Mutual, but also the issues relevant to the industry as a whole. E.g. the underwriting process, underwriters vs. field sales, how high sales can lead to low profit, types of insurance, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Very straight forward questions. Be able to walk through your resume with ease. Know something about insurance, types of insurance, and how it works. Also, you'll probably be asked why you want to work in insurance and you should have a good answer. A few "describe a time when..." Nothing technical or out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

They held an informational session at my university. Gave them my resume then got a phone interview. Moved onto an on-site interview where they set you up in a hotel and airfare. There was five interviews that asked pretty standard questions and a few technical questions about insurance, they were extremely friendly and it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What information should you collect when giving someone insurance?   Answer Question

Summer Associate - CDP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

first round on campus, second round in boston office with behavioral and case interviews. first round is behavioral only, second round has a 45 minutes behavioral interview and a 45 minute written case interview

Interview Questions
    • many behavioral questions within 45 minutes of interview time   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied through my school's job website and was redirected to their application site. Took a long intelligence test with grammar and math questions. A week later I recieved a request for a phone interview. A week after that I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with a manager, then I Watched someone work. Then I met with two other managers. They mostly seemed concerned with whether or not I could handle a high volume of emails and calls, that I would be calm under pressure.

Underwriting Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

2 panel ok interview allot of questions review of resume and talk about your resume allot then back and forth questions
    Took 3 weeks to hear back about decline. Beautiful office building

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about disagreement with coworker and what you did to fix it. Best/worst ability   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter and then a technical interview with a manager. Both were video interviews using Microsoft Lync. The first was a typical behavioral interview with a few situational questions and basic questions about my background, experiences, and interests. The second interview focused more on my projects and classes, but it wasn't too technical; I didn't have to write out code or anything, just explain my projects. Overall, both interviews were pretty straightforward. I think the most important parts were knowing why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual and how to explain my projects and experiences well.

Both interviews were during the same week. After the second interview they said there was a possibility that I could have to interview with another manager, but I ended up getting an offer a couple weeks later to work for the manager that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to really think through a problem logically.   Answer Question
    • Which project or experience best demonstrates or helped develop your teamwork?   Answer Question
    • Which class was your favorite / most beneficial?   Answer Question