Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Campus recruiter emailed me to set up an on-campus interview. Had a 30 minute interview with someone who didn't seem very excited about the company. Read off of a couple pieces of paper questions to ask and wrote down my responses. All questions were behavioral and situational so they were pretty easy.

The second interview is onsite and involves a case.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time in which you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it.   Answer Question

Interviewer made the job sound so boring and pay-grade is substantially below market value

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Very awesome experience! Applied online. Got a phone interview after quite a while (maybe 2 months later). But after the phone interview, everything became fast and efficient. Passed the phone interview and got an invitation to one of their offices for a full day interview after about 2 weeks. Met about 7 people, all of them were actuaries (or actuarial assistants). They were all energetic, smart and nice people. Most of the interviews were informal and behavioral. For the first time i felt like that I had a wonderful day after a full day interview (what). Got the decision just a week after.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. How to deal with difficult team members, describe your projects, etc. But be prepared there may be some "estimate" questions (like those usually show up in consulting interviews).   Answer Question
    The package is great. I didn't negotiate.

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

it was over the phone for the first interview and stay in touch with recruiters. The process did take some time, but the associates are very informative. They will walk you through everything you need to know, and make the process easy for you.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was straight forward, just be prepared for over the phone interview   Answer Question

Subrogation Technician Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors - neither of whom were in the same department that I was hired to work for. They were great - very friendly and lighthearted. They used a lengthy interview process with a ton of behavioral questions. They want to know how you have handled a situation - not how you would handle a situation. Good interview.

Interview Questions
    • You work at a hotel and the policy was to only give one cookie to each guest. One guest doesn't want their cookie but the next guest requests two. The second guest is a repeat customer. What do you do?   Answer Question
    Straightforward - they offered me the job and I accepted.

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first round was a phone interview by an actuary from the firm which lasted about half an hour. The interview was mainly to get to know you/why you want to be an actuary, find out what you know about the actuarial profession/what CIA and SOA are for and a couple of simple behavioural questions.
    The second round was onsite in Seattle. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers throughout the day, each 50 minutes long. All of the questions were behavioural-based. Two actuaries also took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some of the courses I took/I am taking in university.
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem with little or no information.
      Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.

Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Very well structured and responsive hiring team. Two rounds, phone screen, and then a final round at the office. There were 5 interviews, 45 minutes each, plus a lunch in between. Interviewers sometimes tested your knowledge about insurance and ability to think on your feet (What are some factors that influence the price? etc.). Company is expanding, and it is an exciting moment to join.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions. Focused on past experiences and internships, and the number of exams passed.   Answer Question

I decided to accept a job offer in another country, closer to home.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The HR rep was very straightforward and polite. He sounded very attentive and interested in what I had to say. The conversation went well and I was asked to come visit the main office immediately.

CDP Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Be prepared. Quite easy process. Normal questions. Even the case interview is about basic knowledge. No insurance knowledge requirement. Two rounds intervew. First round is about behavior, second round is behavior and case. People are very nice there, so just relax and do your best if you have the opportunities.

Actuarial Interview

Applied through their website. Went to the career fair and talked to one of their recruiters. I received a phone interview within two weeks. Couple of hours later I received an email telling me that they want me to go to the HQ for a second round interview. About 3 weeks later, I went to the HQ. They paid for my flights and hotel stay. The interview was from 8 to 5. With a lunch break and a writing sample in the morning. Interviewed with one HR representative and four actuaries. I felt very comfortable interviewing with all of them. They were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to use statistics in one of your projects   Answer Question