Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a woman from Liberty's Human Resources Department. She was very nice and did not rush the process at all. Some of the questions were the exact same that I filled out on the online application, but this type of overlap is expected at such a large company as Liberty Mutual. I was told there would be multiple rounds after this one if they were still interested in me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent difficult situation you faced and what you did to handle it?
      Explain a recent incident that demonstrates your time management skills?
      Tell me about your academic background?

Answer Question

Telephonic RN Case Manager, Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Syracuse, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I only had a telephone interview. He asked several questions about my experience. He was very nice and personable. He told me I would hear back in 2-3 days by telephone either way. 10 days later I got an email stating I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job before getting a new job?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not up to par with other interviews I had even during that day. I was basically told how I wasn't going to succeed in the work place. Repeatedly was belittled, asked the same exact question for about twenty minutes straight. Don't really understand how you can make a hiring decision off of "Explain a time where you didn't get along with a coworker questions"..... Sorry I've never had an ordeal in the workplace Liberty Mutual. Don't really Understand why the focus was around that so much. I was even given a chance to observe their current employees work and some were in jeans and tank tops looked like they just got back from their high school volleyball game. So to tell someone they aren't qualified when I can look around a room and see that this a first job for a handful of your current employees. Who look as though they have no work history and this call center was their first calling. I was supposed to have a second interview that same day, they said the second interviewer was "busy" and they would reschedule for me to drive 30 mins back there to have a 2nd interview. She proceeded to walk me out, told me to go home research and think if this is really something I am cut out to do, make sure this is my path.. I actually waited to see if they would schedule another interview, and actually never heard anything back. One of the most disrespectful interviews I've ever participated in. When they turned to me and asked if I had any questions I looked at both of them and asked how long have they been at Liberty one said 3 years and one said 11 years. How is that long enough at all to even have the knowledge to tell someone they aren't capable of doing something.... My recruiter Brian was amazing, but my interviewers were horrendous.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had to confront a coworker about their effort? Share a time when you and a peer didn't get along? Share a time you didn't agree with another coworkers decision?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very Laid back and asked questions about a whole multitude of things. I primarily got asked about databases and SQL, be prepared to answer questions about other things then what you are getting interviewed for, they want you to be rounded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on   1 Answer

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied for a summer underwriting intern position in San Francisco.
    The preliminary interview was over the phone with a recruiter and then there was an in-person interview with the hiring managers.
    One of the interview questions was:

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it was important for you to develop a relationship and how you developed that relationship.   Answer Question

Claims Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Recruiter interview at school- asked behavioral questions and scenarios from past work experiences. Overall it was a positive experience, the recruiter was very laid-back. He made notes on my resume when I answered for career goals. Did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in which you had a disagreement with a coworker   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First I had a Phone Screening. Then I was scheduled to go to the office. I was at the office for 3 hours on what they call 'batch day.' Batch day will Include : One on One with two managers, Testing, Job Shadow. I then a Background Test and was Hired. You will undergo extensive Licensing training and Test then Job Training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to multi task? How did you prioritize your tasks?   Answer Question

Case Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Went through 3 interviews before finally getting an offer. The process was 2 phone interviews and then a in person interview with 3 different people separately. They will grind you with the same typical questions repeatedly.

Interview Questions

• Q: They asked how do you do with pressure and deadlines?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I went to the open house first. Tons of people they put you in a large room and call you in for one on ones. They primarily are looking to review you resume briefly and answer a few questions like why liberty mutual and why are you looking for a new job. I recommend bringing a copy of your resume and having a guesstimate of when you can get the next day off for your second interview.

Then you get scheduled for the second interview about 3-7 days from 1st. This is with 2 managers and a 40 min sit in with someone who is actually a rep taking live calls. First 30 min in with manager 1.The interview questions are all situational questions like tell me about a time you had to make a difficult situation and tell me about a time you sold/convinced someone to buy something. Then they bring you to the rep and you listen.

After sitting with the rep the 2nd manager comes to get you. They ask is this something you can do daily and how did you like it. He or she will ask you questions based more towards how your past experience will help you with the job. The 2nd manger is typically little tougher. They are trying to make sure they weed out BS.

Finally, from what I have heard is if you impressed both of those mangers you get the job. If one liked you and the other didn't, you get a third interview with the sales managers boss. Impress the boss and you got it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped an upset customer?
      Tell me about a time you convinced someone to buy from you instead of elsewhere?

1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (East Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Easy. Agency set up interview. Interview was with a group of 3 supervisors. Pertinent questions related to job were asked. Pretty straight forward. Interviewers were easy going and it made for a comfortable experience. There were no real difficult questions. Questions were geared towards claims and claim handling. Received offer and accepted within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Made good initial offer and offer was accepted.