Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The interview process was professional. First, we conducted a phone screen and then i visited the office in Portsmouth, NH. My boss was a veteran LM employee who asked excellent questions and had plenty of experience. The office is expanding and office space is at a premium.

Interview Questions

• We touched upon each of the various phases of an IT project.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I was contacted the next day after I applied and a phone screen was scheduled. However, on the day of the phone screen, nobody called. I tried to email the HR contact a couple of times after that and got no reply. It's okay if they would like to move forward to other candidates. But it's very unprofessional to just handle a scheduled phone screen like this. I don't think I would want to pursue any jobs with Liberty Mutual in the future.

Interview

Phone interview. The interviewer was very professional and scripted. There was no telling whether any kind of rapport was built. Interviewer was very nice and explained the opportunity for advancement, that the benefits are very good. Asked what I am currently making. Describe your current daily duties. Why Liberty Mutual. How I deliver bad news. Waiting on a call back. Said it would take a week for the information taken in interview to move on to next step.

Claims Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Phone interview first and then an in person interview. Both a lot of behavioral questions asked throughout. Make sure to have specific examples. Everyone was very nice at the interview although the questioning was intense.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to make a decision without all the information needed?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a 30 minute phone interview, and they said at the end of the call I would be contacted for an in person interview soon. About a month later, I got the information for the 2-hour in person interview. A week after the interview, I was called with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and Weaknesses   Answer Question
    • Why Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question
    • How do I expect to be praised/recognized in the workplace? How important is it for me to be recognized?   1 Answer
    • Would I rather work as a team or alone?   1 Answer
    • Do I do well with a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the salary they offered me was more than I even expected.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Mishawaka, IN) in April 2015.

Interview

The first step was a brief phone interview with the HR recruiter. At the conclusion of this call, a second interview (at the call center) was scheduled for 3 business days later. The recruiter said to plan for a 2 hour commitment. Upon arrival I was greeted by the local HR rep who had me sit and listen in to an experienced CSR take two calls. Then came back-to-back interviews with the HR rep and the department manager. All in all I was done in just over an hour. The recruiter called me 4 business days later to tell me they chose to pursue other candidates who had more flexibility in their schedules to work evening hours. All in all it was a positive experience because the recruiter was helpful in identifying other potential opportunities within the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle the inevitable boredom that comes with working in a call center?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not up to par with other interviews I had even during that day. I was basically told how I wasn't going to succeed in the work place. Repeatedly was belittled, asked the same exact question for about twenty minutes straight. Don't really understand how you can make a hiring decision off of "Explain a time where you didn't get along with a coworker questions"..... Sorry I've never had an ordeal in the workplace Liberty Mutual. Don't really Understand why the focus was around that so much. I was even given a chance to observe their current employees work and some were in jeans and tank tops looked like they just got back from their high school volleyball game. So to tell someone they aren't qualified when I can look around a room and see that this a first job for a handful of your current employees. Who look as though they have no work history and this call center was their first calling. I was supposed to have a second interview that same day, they said the second interviewer was "busy" and they would reschedule for me to drive 30 mins back there to have a 2nd interview. She proceeded to walk me out, told me to go home research and think if this is really something I am cut out to do, make sure this is my path.. I actually waited to see if they would schedule another interview, and actually never heard anything back. One of the most disrespectful interviews I've ever participated in. When they turned to me and asked if I had any questions I looked at both of them and asked how long have they been at Liberty one said 3 years and one said 11 years. How is that long enough at all to even have the knowledge to tell someone they aren't capable of doing something.... My recruiter Brian was amazing, but my interviewers were horrendous.

Interview Questions

• Share a time you had to confront a coworker about their effort? Share a time when you and a peer didn't get along? Share a time you didn't agree with another coworkers decision?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Open House/Cattle Call. 20-25 people placed in banquet room while company info ran on big screen on continuous loop. Called into smaller hall one by one. From there, 1/1 interviews conducted with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Sales experience? Schedule adherence? Commute difficulty?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I saw their posting on my school's career website and submitted my application on their website. The total time from application submission to offer is about 5 weeks. Recruiter contacted me 2 weeks after my submission. I had 3 interviews in total (screening with HR, manager, current employees in department I'm potentially being hired into), and they were via video (MS Lync) and phone. All of the people I talked to were really nice, and I was able to ask them a lot of questions about the company as well as the position I'm applying for. They ask you about your experiences and skills, and they ask some general technical questions but no coding. You will be communicating with the recruiters through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Very Laid back and asked questions about a whole multitude of things. I primarily got asked about databases and SQL, be prepared to answer questions about other things then what you are getting interviewed for, they want you to be rounded.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have worked on   1 Answer