Liberty Mutual Insurance

604 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Start off with a basic phone screen, asking about what you are currently doing and then move into some behavior based questions. The next round was with the manager who asked many of the same questions but also asked a few additional behavior based type quesitons and metrics.

Interview Question – How is your current success measured   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations on the company's part

Claims Intern Interview

Claims Intern
Irving, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship through my college career page and I received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview went well, it was mainly talking about my resume and a few scenario-based questions. A week later I received a call that I was invited to the office for the in-person interview. I first met with two managers in Workers Comp, and it was all scenario-based questions. Then I met with the manager for Auto-Claims and it was the same type of questions. About two weeks after the interview, I received an offer.

Interview Question – They asked me if I knew anything about the insurance industry, so make sure to do research beforehand.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Dover, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied for position and heard from recruiter within 2 weeks. Scheduled phone interview a week out. Phone interview discussed previous and current work experience. Heard from recruiter 2 weeks later to schedule an in person interview. This was a 3 hour interview with 4 different people within the department. Heard a month or so later with an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you knew your manager was wrong about something and you knew you were right. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate Development Program Interview

Corporate Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – There are 3 rounds. 1st round is HR screening (30 mins / 6-7 behavioral questions). 2nd has 2 sessions ,60 mins / 6-7 behavioral questions and 1 case interview. For case interview, they will give you 60 mins to read the case. The case is about 13 - 15 pages. It is not like B-school case. It is more about the market segment in insurance businesses. It also includes HR and operational stuff such as employee turnover, cost per claim, time spent on each claim, and so on. The final round is the interview with executives.

Agency Specialist Interview

Agency Specialist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – recruiter phone interview, interview with regional managers and marketing staff

Interview Question – situational interview questions for all interviews   Answer Question

Claims Training Program Interview

Claims Training Program
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – I initially applied online. I received an email asking me to take a 45 minute test via their website. A campus recruiter sent me an email asking to schedule a time the following week to chat. The phone interview went well. Asked a few behavioral questions. Also asked "Why do you want to leave your current position?" and "Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?" She said that she would pass my resume along and that I should hear something back the following week.

She called me the next week and told me that I had been selected for an in person interview. I interviewed with the Claims Manager of the office. She was nice, but I could not tell how the interview went based off of her demeanor. She asked multiple behavior questions. Please come ready with some scenarios in your head already. She asked questions around time-management, thinking outside-of-the-box, and why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual. Also, be prepared to ask follow up questions!

Interview Question – Tell me about the toughest decision that you've recently had to make.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Representative- Duluth Georgia Interview

Auto Claims Representative- Duluth Georgia
Duluth, GA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position at the end of the month, and was contacted via e-mail Tuesday April 1, 2014 for a phone interview. Thursday April 3, 2014 I was contacted promptly for the phone interview.

Interview Question – She began by asking "Why do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?" She further went into "Why do you want to leave your current employer?" Those were the standard questions to decipher whether or not you were just looking to jump on the first job you apply for. There were only two behavioral questions.

1. Give an example where you went above and beyond to help a client?
2. Tell me about a time when you delivered bad news.
  Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Salem, NH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I have only just completed the online application process. I hope to hear something soon, Liberty Mutual definitely is comprehensive from the get go! I like that and hope to be a part of them in the future!

Interview Question – Mainly word/math problems that I just didn't expect, but fully understand the reasoning behind them.   Answer Question

Underwriting Intern Interview

Underwriting Intern
Fairfield, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Was first given a phone interview with an HR rep who was located in Massachusetts. Process took about 40 minutes and consisted of usual behavioral questions. Then was offered an opportunity to partake in an on site interview with 3 separate pairs of interviewers.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you received feedback from a supervisor.   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Rotation Program Interview

Claims Specialist Rotation Program
Albany, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – On-campus then on site-interview. Had mostly behavioral questions and a written test. Overall, pretty easy. I did not get many offers in 08-09 and I received one from Liberty fairly quickly (which should have sent up red flags)

Interview Question – How to handle a difficult customer/tell someone something they do not want to hear   Answer Question