Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Product Analyst Interview

Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Anonymous Interview

I applied for the Liberty Mutual Associate position directly from the company website. It took about two weeks for them to send me an email to complete an online assessment session. This needed to be completed in three days. The questions included reading comprehension and personality assessment questions. It took about 45 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • When going through the online assessment session, I would say that the reading comprehension and some of the vocabulary questions were a bit difficult. It asked questions such as, "Computer is to Desk, as Printer is to...." and you would need to fill in the blank. There was a section for vocabulary words that through me off just a little bit. I did have to consult a dictionary to look up the definitions of some of the words. The remaining personality assessment portion was not difficult. It was pretty basic questions on work habits that you just need answer honestly.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Claims Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

First phase: Applied online, including personality and skill inventory.

Second phase: Phone call with campus recruiter. Lots of STAR questions ("tell me about a time when...") Also had to email unofficial transcript to verify GPA

Third phase: In person interview with claims team managers. Again, lots more STAR questions covering every job listed on my resume. Also had a 'job shadow' but this consisted of nothing more than talking to an employee - she didn't do any work for the 10 minutes I was with her. Still, it was a good opportunity to ask questions about company culture.

After that, recruiter got in touch with me a couple times to keep me updated on where they were in the hiring process. In the end I got another offer before they finished.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deliver bad news to someone.   Answer Question

Underwriting Training Program-Commercial Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

Submitted app. through campus recruiting website. Response asked for a phone interview followed by a in person interview with 3 managers. Asked to walk through each part of resume, and 5-7 behavioral questions. Managers were very laid back and made it much less stressful than it could have been.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a complex situation. How did you go about it, what was the result. What would you do differently if it happened again?
      Tell us about a time you put yourself in an undesirable situation and how you went about it
        View Answer
    No negotiation, very pleased with initial offer

Insurance Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

lengthy process and useless tests. you had to speak with a recruiter, take some test then re-interview with the recruiter then get in front of the branch manager then the area manager.

Interview Questions
    rigid this is the position and salary and that's it

Product Management Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I received an email to schedule telephone interview for the following day. She asked many questions, such as "Name a time where you had incomplete information and had to come to a decision."

Field Counsel Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

People were generally very nice. No pointed or very difficult questions were asked. Interviews were done with 2-4 attorneys, depending on the nature of the position and availability of staff. Interview lasted about an hour or so, and the response from the hiring manager was relatively fast.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how much secretarial support I would need/expect--difficult to answer since I knew they were cutting staff and downsizing in general.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. It was an employer's market out there and you could not negotiate salary much, if at all.

Auto Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2014.

The on-line assessments were precise and geared towards the actual position, rather than a generic overview of skills. The initial phone interview with the recruiter was detailed and she was very friendly; I felt extremely comfortable speaking with her.
    When at the face-to-face interview, I was there for over 4 hours and actually got to sit with a current employee and watch her do her job. Upon completion of my time there, I felt they truly knew who I was and what I was looking for, as well as vice versa.

Interview Questions
    • There was a written test at the end that presented a mock situation with handling a claim. Considering I have had zero prior claims experience, I was not sure whether I had answered it well or not.   Answer Question
    I was offered the highest end of the hiring salary, so there wasn 't anything to negotiate. The benefits begin on the first day and it is a Monday through Friday schedule. It couldn't be more perfect.

Insurance Agent Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

long process. Liberty Mutual has 2-3 interviews before they decide to choose someone. There is an online exam, cold calling, then a final interview with branch manager and area manager.