Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied through my school's job website and was redirected to their application site. Took a long intelligence test with grammar and math questions. A week later I recieved a request for a phone interview. A week after that I was scheduled for an in person interview. I met with a manager, then I Watched someone work. Then I met with two other managers. They mostly seemed concerned with whether or not I could handle a high volume of emails and calls, that I would be calm under pressure.

Underwriting Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

2 panel ok interview allot of questions review of resume and talk about your resume allot then back and forth questions
    Took 3 weeks to hear back about decline. Beautiful office building

Interview Questions

• Tell me about disagreement with coworker and what you did to fix it. Best/worst ability   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

I had an initial screening interview with a recruiter and then a technical interview with a manager. Both were video interviews using Microsoft Lync. The first was a typical behavioral interview with a few situational questions and basic questions about my background, experiences, and interests. The second interview focused more on my projects and classes, but it wasn't too technical; I didn't have to write out code or anything, just explain my projects. Overall, both interviews were pretty straightforward. I think the most important parts were knowing why I wanted to work for Liberty Mutual and how to explain my projects and experiences well.

Both interviews were during the same week. After the second interview they said there was a possibility that I could have to interview with another manager, but I ended up getting an offer a couple weeks later to work for the manager that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to use your presentation skills to influence someone's opinion.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something unexpected happened and how you changed your plans to handle it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to really think through a problem logically.   Answer Question
    • Which project or experience best demonstrates or helped develop your teamwork?   Answer Question
    • Which class was your favorite / most beneficial?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the following week I received an e-mail from the Human resource that they would like to schedule a phone interview. I was so exited. The person that conducted my phone interview was very nice and wanted me to come in for an onsite interview. I went to Liberty Mutual for the onsite interview and all of the people I spoke with was very nice. The 2 1/2 hour interview that I was so nervous for and dreading went very smooth and before I knew it I was done. It was great!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very smooth process the background check on the other hand is very stressful because I am a worry wort.

ADP/Finance Interview

Application

interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

Met with a campus recruiter for the ADP Internship for an initial screening, which lasted 45 mins. Then was invited back for a Final round interview at the HQ where I was interviewed by 3 employees with each interview lasting 45 mins, along with an employee job shadow. Heard back from them within 2 weeks. For the finance internship, I met a campus recruiter at a job fair who invited me to a final round interview at the HQ where I was interviewed with 2 employees for 45 mins each. Heard back less than a week later. The place seemed a bit lackluster and the people whom I met with seemed friendly enough. From what I could see, there wasn't much diversity either.

Interview Questions

• Between two projects, one that costs 2 billion and another that costs 5 billion, which would you choose, and why?
      Why Liberty Mutual?
      Why do you want to work in Insurance?
      Name a time you failed, and how did you handle it?

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2015.

Interview

It was an open house interview and they were very friendly. But if you go to school they will not work around school schedule. But their salary is pretty good.

Interview Questions

• It was actually easy they only asked three questions. Pretty much phone situations if there is a problem with a customer and how to handle it.   Answer Question

Junior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Cleveland, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

First there is a brief phone screening where they just ask you basic questions and then an one on one phone interview. Next step would have been an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and circumstantial questions but they didn't care about my answers due to the fact that I didn't live in the city of the position.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet the branch manager at a career fair. I sent the branch manager after the career fair to follow up. Then we scheduled a phone interview, next we scheduled an in office interview. The second inter view was more geared towards determining if I would like this job and I met with people around the office.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied online & a recruiter emailed me the following day at the end of business day asking if I could be available to do a phone interview at one of two times the following day. It felt very rushed & unprofessional. I set up a time & the recruiting called late, said my name wrong several times, even after I politely & respectfully corrected her, & was very curt throughout the interview. All in all, the interview was disappointing & the recruiter was rude. The day after the phone interview I received an email stating they wouldn't be moving forward with my application which was a relief & expected.

Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

I applied online and heard from the a campus recruiter in 2 weeks. The recruiter scheduled a phone screen with me first and the conversation was very lighthearted and pleasant. It was mostly behavorial questions asking about my background and analytical skills, nothing too difficult or unexpected. At the end of the phone call I received an invite to a face-to-face interview at the Seattle headquarter, which is scheduled for 2 weeks out.

The face-to-face interview lasted from 8am-2pm, which conisisted of a half-hour introduction, two 30-minute behavorial interviews, one case interview, and a group lunch with other candidates that were interviewing on the same day. There were no group interviews, and behavorial interviews were similar to the phone interview and asked for more detailed examples of analytical skills, leadership skills, most challenging tasks etc. The case interview had 3 parts and is related to the insurance industry, and you do the math in front of the interviewer. He/she would watch you solve the problem and correct you if you are too far off. Overall, they want to see how you think about the problem more than whether you get the right answer. I made minor mistakes along the way and the interviewer was very patient in correcting me. The math was of average difficulty, just basic algebra. There were some strategic questions about the case as well. They also check for presentation skills.

I received an offer the same afternoon. The process was very smooth and I was impressed by their overall efficiency.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to come up wth an innovative idea   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am still interviewing with other companies at this point and haven't made a final decision on whether to accept the offer, but the pay is reasonable and is around industry average.