Liberty Mutual Insurance

Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Initial phone interview by HR assessed skills & experience. 5 in person interviews over next 4 months was grueling. Not much communication between interviews had me thinking I didn't advance after all but HR interview. There were lots of redundancies in interview process but each interviewer added value to the process. In person interviews included (1) hiring manager & (3) next level managers in one on one interviews as well as (1) panel interview with potential colleagues who work as part of a team with the position.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard analytical and behavioral questions. More conversational than q & a after initial question or two.   Answer Question
    Receive relatively low offer letter. Had a couple of phone calls with HR and received acceptable offer. Advice, don't be afraid to ask if the offer is negotiable. Higher salary, signing bonus or both possible.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, prepared and delivered a presentation. Went to multiple locations for in person interviews and met with a panel. This included Boston and Portsmouth, NH. Ended up being too much of a straight PM job and not a good fit culturally for me.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The whole process was what is expected. HR screen then more interview. A majority of the interviews were conducted via telephone and then there was an in person.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty Lake, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Was hired internally. Employees still have to take the assessment and online test. There was a panel of managers and different questions about my past experiences. I was offered a position within 3 days. They didn't know at the time of the interview how many positions would ultimately be hired, so I was unsure if I would get an offer, although performance in previous position suggested I should.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you didn't feel so good about and outcome and how would you go back and change it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation-

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Began by filling out an online personality and aptitude test. I thought I did horrible with the math portion to be honest, but then ended up getting a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and revolved around answering questions based on how I have reacted in certain situations. Went in to a face to face interview where I sat with an agent for about 30 minutes having a q&a about the position, then went over resume with branch manager. After that I came back for an interview where I had to present a marketing plan I created and make 15 outbound calls with no script to capture lead expiration dates. I captured 3 of the 4 I talked to. I then met with another branch manager and the regional sales manager for a final interview. I then did a background check and was informed that I passed but barely in regards to the tickets I have received in the past, and must not get another ticket or at fault accident to maintain a driving role with the company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, but everything offered was above expectations. Benefits start on day one and I was offered the higher end of the salary range.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Contacted by HR within a week to complete phone interview. A few behavioral questions were asked and the reason why I applied for the position. What did I know about the company. Was offered a face to face interview. Went on site and met with two managers. Again a few behavior questions were asked, went over work experience. The managers seemed to be interested in my candidacy. Completed an assessment on site. I initially completed the interview in July. After several attempts via phone and email, to this day, no response from HR advising the status of the position or my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Time where you have dealt with a very difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Submitted resume through college career website, contacted by HR in Boston via email for phone interview (behavior questions), then scheduled an onsite interview in downtown office (behavior questions again), didn't hear back later on

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a situation that you need to go outside of your group / communicate with people who are not in your group   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Very straight forward interview process. One phone interview with HR, one phone interview with an actuary, on-site interview consisting of several rounds of one or two actuaries.

Mostly behavioral questions and nothing terribly crazy thrown out.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate because the offer was much better than expected and my competing offers didn't come close.

Human Resources Interview

very slow to respond, several rounds of interviews, difficult to get updates, not transparent regarding role, long lag time, could not make a timely decision, overall interviewers were polite and professional