Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Nov 21, 2014

Leave Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Did application online about 4 days later contacted about a face to face interview. Interviewed by to hiring managers, very laid back individuals warm welcoming. Asked a series of questions for about 30 mins and then job shadowing for another 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • Give details about a time you had to work in a group and meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    Did not try to negotiate, offered more than what position implied salary base pay would be during application.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

After initial interest from an HR rep, I did a phone interview with an actuary. The questions were straight out of the textbook of behavioral type questions. The guy was literally reading from a piece of paper, and sounded like he was going through the motions from the beginning of the interview. After a couple weeks I emailed back for a status update, and could not get a response. Hopefully nothing bad happened to them to prevent them from answering my email.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to answer a question for a customer by using information from multiple resources, how you communicated, etc.   Answer Question

Law Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

A one on one interview with the office manager and than I was offered the position through an email. I had to do a background and drug test that took four weeks to complete.

Interview Questions
    • None, they are basic questions about your legal research experience and abilities   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Process went quickly: 3 weeks from the time I applied throught the interviews (3 total = 1 HR Screen, 1 phone and 1 in person with mgr). I had an offer 4 hours after my final interview. Onboarding process was handled online since HR is in Boston, very efficient. Orientation was odd because it was only a 30-minute pre-recorded conference call that re-read everything in the employee handbook I'd already recieved. There was no official 'welcome to Liberty' training or specific department/job related training - just jump in & go.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions were asked: in retrospect I wish they would have been because it would have given me better insight into what I was getting into. Published job description doesn't match the expectations they have of you once you are on the job. Questions were more about my personal work style, the types of teams/environments I've worked with, what my long-range career plans are, etc.   Answer Question
    Their offer knocked my socks off so there was no negotiation necessary.

Claims Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Job posting was listed on school career center website. It was requested that we submit a resume and open interviews would be held on campus within the next week. I went into the interview, which was very brief. It was only with one person and she asked the most basic and general questions. Most of the interview consisted of the interviewer explaining the company and the job they were hiring for. I received a call within a day offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Initial phone interview by HR assessed skills & experience. 5 in person interviews over next 4 months was grueling. Not much communication between interviews had me thinking I didn't advance after all but HR interview. There were lots of redundancies in interview process but each interviewer added value to the process. In person interviews included (1) hiring manager & (3) next level managers in one on one interviews as well as (1) panel interview with potential colleagues who work as part of a team with the position.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard analytical and behavioral questions. More conversational than q & a after initial question or two.   Answer Question
    Receive relatively low offer letter. Had a couple of phone calls with HR and received acceptable offer. Advice, don't be afraid to ask if the offer is negotiable. Higher salary, signing bonus or both possible.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, prepared and delivered a presentation. Went to multiple locations for in person interviews and met with a panel. This included Boston and Portsmouth, NH. Ended up being too much of a straight PM job and not a good fit culturally for me.

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Started with phone interview and then within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a face to face interview. Met with hiring manager and another manager. They asked me mainly situational questions which I thought I answered honestly and did pretty well. Then I met with two group team leaders who asked me similar questions. I again thought I answered them pretty well.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you tried to improve a process or procedure and it was not implemented by your organization?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The whole process was what is expected. HR screen then more interview. A majority of the interviews were conducted via telephone and then there was an in person.

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Contacted by HR within a week to complete phone interview. A few behavioral questions were asked and the reason why I applied for the position. What did I know about the company. Was offered a face to face interview. Went on site and met with two managers. Again a few behavior questions were asked, went over work experience. The managers seemed to be interested in my candidacy. Completed an assessment on site. I initially completed the interview in July. After several attempts via phone and email, to this day, no response from HR advising the status of the position or my candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Time where you have dealt with a very difficult person and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question