Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Jan 30, 2015

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

The interview process was very long. I had applied for one position and within a few days I was contacted to do an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. This was about 30 minutes. After this the HR recruiter passed me off to a scheduling assistant who scheduled me for a two hour panel style interview. When I arrived for the panel style interview only one of the people who was supposed to be there was and another unexpected person. This took the entire duration. After this it took a few weeks to get a response and unfortunately the response was that the requirement was taken from that particular hiring manager. I was then referred to another similar role. From here I was again passed to the scheduling assistant who scheduled me for two hours worth of half hour in person marathon interviews. After this I was contacted by the HR recruiter and within a couple weeks I was scheduled for a second marathon round of 4 interviews. In the end I unfortunately didn't get the job. This was obviously a disappointment but even more so because I had invested so much time into the interview process. All in all I would say the interview process lasted over two months.

Distribution and Marketing Analyst Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

The position was posted on my university's career center page. I applied online and heard back pretty quickly (less than a week) that I had an interview. Met with a representative from Liberty Mutual on campus. The interview was fairly standard - asked me a few questions about work sponsorship, then we dove into going over my resume, work experience and classes. Questions asked weren't too difficult, but the interviewer was awkward and seemed really bored with his job. Now waiting to hear back on second round interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time that you had to deliver difficult news and how did you go about it? What was the end result, and how was your relationship with the people you gave the news to changed?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist III Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Complete a phone interview. I was called for an interview at the claims office. The interview was 2 hours. The interview was with two different group of managers. About one hour with each group. You then sit with a current employee.

Interview Questions
    They would not negotiate the salary.

Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Campus recruiter emailed me to set up an on-campus interview. Had a 30 minute interview with someone who didn't seem very excited about the company. Read off of a couple pieces of paper questions to ask and wrote down my responses. All questions were behavioral and situational so they were pretty easy.

The second interview is onsite and involves a case.

Interview Questions
    • What was one time in which you made a mistake and how did you go about fixing it.   Answer Question

Interviewer made the job sound so boring and pay-grade is substantially below market value

Claims Adjuster Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

it was over the phone for the first interview and stay in touch with recruiters. The process did take some time, but the associates are very informative. They will walk you through everything you need to know, and make the process easy for you.

Interview Questions
    • Every question was straight forward, just be prepared for over the phone interview   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Very awesome experience! Applied online. Got a phone interview after quite a while (maybe 2 months later). But after the phone interview, everything became fast and efficient. Passed the phone interview and got an invitation to one of their offices for a full day interview after about 2 weeks. Met about 7 people, all of them were actuaries (or actuarial assistants). They were all energetic, smart and nice people. Most of the interviews were informal and behavioral. For the first time i felt like that I had a wonderful day after a full day interview (what). Got the decision just a week after.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected. How to deal with difficult team members, describe your projects, etc. But be prepared there may be some "estimate" questions (like those usually show up in consulting interviews).   Answer Question
    The package is great. I didn't negotiate.

Subrogation Technician Interview

I interviewed with two supervisors - neither of whom were in the same department that I was hired to work for. They were great - very friendly and lighthearted. They used a lengthy interview process with a ton of behavioral questions. They want to know how you have handled a situation - not how you would handle a situation. Good interview.

Interview Questions
    • You work at a hotel and the policy was to only give one cookie to each guest. One guest doesn't want their cookie but the next guest requests two. The second guest is a repeat customer. What do you do?   Answer Question
    Straightforward - they offered me the job and I accepted.

Summer Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The first round was a phone interview by an actuary from the firm which lasted about half an hour. The interview was mainly to get to know you/why you want to be an actuary, find out what you know about the actuarial profession/what CIA and SOA are for and a couple of simple behavioural questions.
    The second round was onsite in Seattle. I had 4 interviews with 5 interviewers throughout the day, each 50 minutes long. All of the questions were behavioural-based. Two actuaries also took me to lunch.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about some of the courses I took/I am taking in university.
      Tell me about a time you solved a problem with little or no information.
      Tell me about a time you went out of your way to help someone.

Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Very well structured and responsive hiring team. Two rounds, phone screen, and then a final round at the office. There were 5 interviews, 45 minutes each, plus a lunch in between. Interviewers sometimes tested your knowledge about insurance and ability to think on your feet (What are some factors that influence the price? etc.). Company is expanding, and it is an exciting moment to join.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral type questions. Focused on past experiences and internships, and the number of exams passed.   Answer Question

I decided to accept a job offer in another country, closer to home.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied online, completed assessment & was contacted for phone interview. Completed Taft & was passed on to hiring manager. The next day I was contacted for second interview writ two managers & that went really well.

No negotiation necessary. Gave what I required