Liberty Mutual Insurance Interview Questions in Portsmouth, NH

3.2

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very long. I had applied for one position and within a few days I was contacted to do an initial phone interview with the HR recruiter. This was about 30 minutes. After this the HR recruiter passed me off to a scheduling assistant who scheduled me for a two hour panel style interview. When I arrived for the panel style interview only one of the people who was supposed to be there was and another unexpected person. This took the entire duration. After this it took a few weeks to get a response and unfortunately the response was that the requirement was taken from that particular hiring manager. I was then referred to another similar role. From here I was again passed to the scheduling assistant who scheduled me for two hours worth of half hour in person marathon interviews. After this I was contacted by the HR recruiter and within a couple weeks I was scheduled for a second marathon round of 4 interviews. In the end I unfortunately didn't get the job. This was obviously a disappointment but even more so because I had invested so much time into the interview process. All in all I would say the interview process lasted over two months.

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in June 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

It was 9 years ago, but they were very concerned about my technical experience and why I wanted to make a move.

Interview Questions

• What were my weaknesses -- That is always a tough one.   Answer Question

Negotiation

cut and dried. Either take their offer or reject it. they won't dicker with you

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through my campus career website and received an interview request about 2 weeks after. Had an initial Lynx interview with a senior via webchat, then had a second round (however was referred to another) then another interview.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior questions, but they did poke at your technical skills lightly.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

Three or four in-person interviews

Interview Questions

• Descrbe a time when youhad a problem and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Negotiation

straight forward

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

Applied for the job on a Friday night, got an email looking for a phone screen the following Monday. Set up the initial phone screen for that Friday. It lasted a 1/2 hour. Was told during the initial phone screen the process could take up to a month. I would hear if I made the next round ( a phone interview) with the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The following Monday, received follow up from the hr manager's assistant to set up a meeting. Set up the meeting based on what the feedback was from HR Manager. Assistant got the wrong week, I found out when she called the day before to confirm. Had to move the interview back a day. I was told the next interview would have been the phone interview with the hiring manager. Somehow that got lost in translation and the interview set up was with 3 people (including hiring manager). Went to interview and it went well. Well enough one of the interviewers even replied back to thank you message. Tried to follow up with HR only never to get a response back. Pretty ignorant to waste someone's time. Would rather have the feedback of we went with someone else rather than to be completely ignored.

Interview Questions

• From a previous job (had over 10 years ago), what would that particular boss say about you?   Answer Question

VMWare Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2012.

Interview

The initial meet with the hiring manager was cordial and professional. He gave me the usual lowdown and some info on the position and his expectations as manager. Then he sent in his techie geek who proceeded to drill me with technical CLI commands for a certain operating system product. I answered his questions but I thought it was a bit much for a 1st round. There was no initial phone screen with the team. Just the HR rep.

Interview Questions

• He asked me how to configure a NIC from the CLI. I didn't remember that one off the top of my head.   Answer Question

The working environment seemed too strict for my professional taste. I prefer a more laid back workplace.

IT Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in November 2011.

Interview

Emailed my resume to a HR Rep that I connected through my school's career services website. She forwarded it on to the IT Finance managers and we set up an interview. I spoke with one of the managers and was offered the job 3 days later. I had to go through a background check and the normal stuff, but relatively quick and easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the person we should hire and why Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online through my college's job posting board. HR emailed me asking for a time to do a phone interview. The phone interview was with an HR person and lasted about 45 minutes. She asked mostly behavioral questions. It was very pleasant.

A couple days later they invited me in for a day to do some interviews. They paid for my flight, rental car, and a hotel. I flew in and the next day had 3 hour long interviews. 2 were with managers from the Portsmouth/Dover offices. The managers were really nice and made me feel very comfortable. The third was with a manager in Seattle via video conference. It was pretty good as well, but I preferred the in person interviews. So I interviewed from 9-12. There was another candidate as well. We met up with a person from HR for about 20 minutes to go over some of the benefits. After this the other candidate, a new hire, and I had lunch at the cafeteria. Here we were open to ask the new hire about the area and his experience with the job. This was a very cool thing to have as I got an idea of whether I wanted to work in Portsmouth or Boston.

The next week I was told that I was going to have another phone interview with a different manager. This interview was much less an interview than a chance for the manager to say that I would get the offer and to talk to me about the specifics of the position. I got the official offer later that day.

Interview Questions

• What is an experience you had while working in a team that there was a disagreement?   1 Answer

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Portsmouth, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

Everyone I've come in contact with has been very pleasant. Interviews mainly consisted of behavioral questions. After an Initial phone interview, they flew me on-site to meet with managers, HR, and was invited to have lunch with new hires of the programs that I was interviewing for.

Submitted resume on the Liberty Mutual website
    Received HR phone interview, which consisted of HR-style questions
    Interviewed on site in Portsmouth, NH with 4 managers
    Received 2 follow-up calls with managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with inter-personal conflict within a team. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Give me a high-level overview of Object-Oriented programming.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations