Liberty Mutual Insurance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Systems Analyst II Interview

Business Systems Analyst II
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume for the position in Portsmouth on the 5/20 and received a follow up email for a phone interview with HR the next day. I spoke with HR on 5/22 and the conversation was roughly 30 minutes with mainly behavioral questions and resume clarifications. My resume and HR interview notes were submitted to two hiring managers since I had actually applied to two positions with the same job title with two different groups.

I received a follow up call from HR on 5/23 noting both hiring managers wanted to do a face-to-face interview so I could expect to schedule the interview soon. Her assistant contacted me on 5/28 and the face-to-face interview was performed on 6/5 meeting with 2 hiring managers and 3 other staff members. The interview lasted a little over 3 hours to meet and talk with each person. Majority of questions from the first hiring manager were about my qualifications and some standard interview questions such as "strength/weakness" and scenarios. The next 3 people including the 2nd hiring manager asked standard interview questions and described their process/group.

Interview Question – Tell me how you dealt with a difficult team member or customer during a project. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as they came to the table with the salary desired. I was told the offer was a bit ago their median range so I may or may not see a merit based increase in the first year.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – It was 9 years ago, but they were very concerned about my technical experience and why I wanted to make a move.

Interview Question – What were my weaknesses -- That is always a tough one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – cut and dried. Either take their offer or reject it. they won't dicker with you

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through my campus career website and received an interview request about 2 weeks after. Had an initial Lynx interview with a senior via webchat, then had a second round (however was referred to another) then another interview.

Interview Question – Standard behavior questions, but they did poke at your technical skills lightly.   View Answer

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2010.

Interview Details – When ever interviewing with a large company it is a process. It starts with a call from their internal recruiters. If you are using an outside recruiter, this can extend the process. If you are qualified for the job you are applying for they are really good at contacting you. After the initial interview if the recruiter believes you to be qualified they will send your information to the hiring manager. This is where patients comes in. This can be a week or more process. If the manager likes your qualifications the recruiter will arrange a phone screen with the manager. If you make it past this point the next is a onsite interview. This is typically followed by a second onsite depending on the availability of senior managers. Overall the company is solid, communicates well and is a good environment. The hiring process is however a long one 4-8 weeks typically.

Interview Question – They asked questions directly relating my experience on my resume to the position. I did not find anything difficult as it matched with the role and my skill set.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer for an different company.

VMWare Administrative Interview

VMWare Administrative
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – The initial meet with the hiring manager was cordial and professional. He gave me the usual lowdown and some info on the position and his expectations as manager. Then he sent in his techie geek who proceeded to drill me with technical CLI commands for a certain operating system product. I answered his questions but I thought it was a bit much for a 1st round. There was no initial phone screen with the team. Just the HR rep.

Interview Question – He asked me how to configure a NIC from the CLI. I didn't remember that one off the top of my head.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The working environment seemed too strict for my professional taste. I prefer a more laid back workplace.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Three or four in-person interviews

Interview Question – Descrbe a time when youhad a problem and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied for the job on a Friday night, got an email looking for a phone screen the following Monday. Set up the initial phone screen for that Friday. It lasted a 1/2 hour. Was told during the initial phone screen the process could take up to a month. I would hear if I made the next round ( a phone interview) with the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The following Monday, received follow up from the hr manager's assistant to set up a meeting. Set up the meeting based on what the feedback was from HR Manager. Assistant got the wrong week, I found out when she called the day before to confirm. Had to move the interview back a day. I was told the next interview would have been the phone interview with the hiring manager. Somehow that got lost in translation and the interview set up was with 3 people (including hiring manager). Went to interview and it went well. Well enough one of the interviewers even replied back to thank you message. Tried to follow up with HR only never to get a response back. Pretty ignorant to waste someone's time. Would rather have the feedback of we went with someone else rather than to be completely ignored.

Interview Question – From a previous job (had over 10 years ago), what would that particular boss say about you?   Answer Question

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was relatively straightforward. I went through 2 phone screen interviews before meeting with an on-campus representative who came to my school. The on-campus interview lasted about 1 hour and was followed with a series of on-site interviews in at a nearby Liberty Mutual office.

Interview Question – Even though the job was technical in nature, I was asked some financial questions as it was assumed that a strong knowledge of finance would be beneficial for all employees of the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiations were possible, but I found it was better to accept at the rate they offered as the promotion process occurred relatively quickly.

IT Finance Intern Interview

IT Finance Intern
Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed my resume to a HR Rep that I connected through my school's career services website. She forwarded it on to the IT Finance managers and we set up an interview. I spoke with one of the managers and was offered the job 3 days later. I had to go through a background check and the normal stuff, but relatively quick and easy process.

Interview Question – Why are you the person we should hire and why Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Portsmouth, NH

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details – Worked there as a summer intern. Got an interview where they asked mostly behavioral questions. Were keen to see if I was willing to travel.

Interview Question – Name a situation where you have demonstrated leadership.   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!