Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Interview Question – What do you do on a daily basis?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No.

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – Was called in for two phone interviews: one with an HR associate and the second with a Director of Product Analysis. After I passed the first two phone interviews, I visited the office for in-person interviews. These consisted of a half hour with a Director of State Operations, followed by two hour long interviews (each with 2 DPAs). There was also a half hour job shadow and an hour long written case study.

Interview Question – If your manager is apathetic about giving feedback, what would you do?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend within the department. There were three rounds. The first was a basic screening, which consisted of a resume walk through and a more detailed description of the position. The second round was a skill based interview with a manager within the division. Both of these lasted approximately 45 minutes. The final round is an on-site interview with 6 managers. It started with a job shadow, followed by an hour-long case study, and ends with two 2-on-1 behavioral/skills discussions.

Interview Question – What's your favorite function in Excel?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Position was too mundane (i.e. full time spreadsheet workhorse), especially given the less than inspiring starting salary.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

Interview Details – on campus 1x1 interview followed up by batch day interviews (breakfast, 2 behavioral and 1 case interview, job shadow, lunch, written case interview)

Interview Question – Case Interview: How to determine prices when entering a new market   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied on school website, had an on-campus behavioral interview.

After receiving information that I moved to the final round, went to Liberty HQ for an all-day interview. 2 behavioral interviews, one oral case interview, one written case interview, and a delicious lunch. Overall not too difficult of an experience at all, people were very nice.

Interview Question – Oral case was about entering a market and pricing a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Product Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through Liberty Mutual website. After about two week, I was called to set up a phone interview. This phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked general questions about my background, prior work experience and communication skills.

Interview Questions

• What role statistics play in data analysis?   Answer Question
  • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
  • Are you commuting or willing relocating to Seattle downtown? (from metro Seattle)   View Answer
  • How did your past work experience improved your communication skills? Give examples.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – Long interview process but they treat you grandly and fly you out to Boston. I got the job but their acceptance rate for internships is kind of low. great place to work. very friendly business culture.

Interview Question – The case interview was not too hard but need to keep an open mind while thinking.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didnt negotiate

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was straightforward. Had a one on one interview at my school. Next day, got a phone call from a recruiter saying that I had made it to the final round. Final round interview was an all day event. 2 behavioral interviews, a shadow, written case, and an oral case.

Interview Question – The behavioral interview portion was very basic. In both behavioral interviews I was asked to explain a time when I was a member of a team and one of our members was not pulling their weight and what I did to correct the situation.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Analyst interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.