Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2014

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Analyst Interview

Interned for the position in the program and based on my performance was allowed into the job. Most others go through 2-3 rounds of interviews that concentrate on data analysis, problem solving, and learning about the industry fast.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Product Analyst Interview

Was called in for two phone interviews: one with an HR associate and the second with a Director of Product Analysis. After I passed the first two phone interviews, I visited the office for in-person interviews. These consisted of a half hour with a Director of State Operations, followed by two hour long interviews (each with 2 DPAs). There was also a half hour job shadow and an hour long written case study.

Interview Questions
    • If your manager is apathetic about giving feedback, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

I was referred by a friend within the department. There were three rounds. The first was a basic screening, which consisted of a resume walk through and a more detailed description of the position. The second round was a skill based interview with a manager within the division. Both of these lasted approximately 45 minutes. The final round is an on-site interview with 6 managers. It started with a job shadow, followed by an hour-long case study, and ends with two 2-on-1 behavioral/skills discussions.

Interview Questions
    • What's your favorite function in Excel?   View Answer

Position was too mundane (i.e. full time spreadsheet workhorse), especially given the less than inspiring starting salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied on school website, had an on-campus behavioral interview.

After receiving information that I moved to the final round, went to Liberty HQ for an all-day interview. 2 behavioral interviews, one oral case interview, one written case interview, and a delicious lunch. Overall not too difficult of an experience at all, people were very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Oral case was about entering a market and pricing a product.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable

Product Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2013.

I applied online through Liberty Mutual website. After about two week, I was called to set up a phone interview. This phone interview lasted about 25 minutes. I was asked general questions about my background, prior work experience and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • What role statistics play in data analysis?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you commuting or willing relocating to Seattle downtown? (from metro Seattle)   View Answer
    • How did your past work experience improved your communication skills? Give examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

The interviewing process was straightforward. Had a one on one interview at my school. Next day, got a phone call from a recruiter saying that I had made it to the final round. Final round interview was an all day event. 2 behavioral interviews, a shadow, written case, and an oral case.

Interview Questions
    • The behavioral interview portion was very basic. In both behavioral interviews I was asked to explain a time when I was a member of a team and one of our members was not pulling their weight and what I did to correct the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Long interview process but they treat you grandly and fly you out to Boston. I got the job but their acceptance rate for internships is kind of low. great place to work. very friendly business culture.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was not too hard but need to keep an open mind while thinking.   Answer Question
    didnt negotiate

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2011.

on campus 1x1 interview followed up by batch day interviews (breakfast, 2 behavioral and 1 case interview, job shadow, lunch, written case interview)

Interview Questions
    • Case Interview: How to determine prices when entering a new market   Answer Question