Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Management Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Management Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – I received an email to schedule telephone interview for the following day. She asked many questions, such as "Name a time where you had incomplete information and had to come to a decision."

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university career website, and received an e-mail for a phone interview. Phone interview was standard questions, half an hour. Was e-mailed a week later that I was invited to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Final round consisted of two behavioral interviews, a case, and a job shadow of a current Product Management employee. Each 45 minutes, entire process lasted about 4-5 hours.

Interview Question – Case was the hardest part, other interviews were standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1st Round: on campus 45 minute behavioral interview

2nd Round: 2 45 minute behavioral interviews, 1 case interview

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a team, tell me about a time you gave a speech/presentation, tell me about a time where you worked with difficult technology   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for job online, got called for a first round phone interview. After this first initial phone interview, was then asked to come into the office for a final round interview. The in-office interview was pretty tense, it included a shadow of a current full time hire, 3 1-1 interviews with managers, as well as a verbal case and a written case.

Interview Question – I fumbled the in-person case as it was 8AM in the morning and couldn't think to well. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been to bad.   Answer Question

Amherst, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2013.

Interview Details – (I just had an interview this morning, so don't know the result yet. ) I applied this position on our school website few weeks ago and was accepted to be an "alternate" candidate, which means I didn't have the priotiry to choose an interview schedule.
The interview was hold in our school and began at 8:00am. The recruiter drove two hours from Boston, MA to our school (UMass Amherst). You can image that how tired she might be.
The whole process is very nice. The recuiter would write the point you said. If hired, I will be noticed for the next interview at the end of next week.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected question, most of them are related to my previous experience.
1. Why do you want to choose this school?
2. Have you ever need to deliver the messages to a group of people?
3. what is your biggest achievement?
4. What kind of difficulty have you meeted and how did you handle it?
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – They fly you out to Boston and treat you well. I stayed in the Rivera hotel which is really nice. All expenses are covered. Once you get to the interview, its an all day event. The morning starts off with a small breakfast with current employees and you can ask them any questions. Then you have a case interview and 2 behavioral interviews. The interview process is intense but don't sweat it too much, they are really nice. Ask them lots of questions!

Interview Question – They ask you a lot about when you worked with data or researched information. Tell me about a time you had to analyze data to make a decision...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 weeks to consider.

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!