Liberty Mutual Insurance Product Management Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

All-day session with written case, verbal case, behavioral interviews, and an introductory information session. Candidates were also given the opportunity to speak to their potential teammates, which was a huge plus. There were roughly a dozen or so candidates in my class of which a third or so received offers.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? Why do you want to work here? What's adverse selection?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email to have a phone interview. A couple of days later received an email inviting me to final round interviews at headquarters in Boston. Interview day was from 8am til 3pm. Two 45 minute one on one behavioral interviews, one 45 minute case interview, and one 45 minute job shadow. The whole process was good, organized and NOT stressful! Behavioral questions were standard about teamwork, problem solving/decision making, and presentation experience. Case was not that bad--you get time to prep your response. Everyone was really nice, was a small group of candidates interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to explain complex concepts to a group of people. A time when you worked with someone and had differing views of opinion. A time when you had a difficult relationship with someone and how you worked to mend it? How do you prioritize your time? Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision in a short amount of time. Time you had a difficult/complex problem to solve, how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job in December i think, through my university's career site, and got an interview offer and had the interview in February. It wasn't too difficult but they definitely focus on the analytical side of things and in order to move on to second round interviews, you had to show that you have prior experience with analyzing problems, etc. my interviewer was very nice, very friendly, but I think we both knew I wasn't fit for the position because of what this specific internship entailed

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you had to analyze a problem   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

First round was on campus as my university. It was 45 minutes. Interviewer had about 10 pages of questions and wrote down problem, execution, and result for each one. all behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to analyze data in excel with imperfect data   Answer Question

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

Interview

I just had an interview today at my college career services center so I am still unsure of the results, but I felt that it went pretty smoothly. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable even though I was a bit nervous at the beginning. The recruiter asked several behavioral questions such as: 1) Describe a time where you had to use difficult software 2) Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision 3) Tell me about a time where you had to analyze data to make a decision 4) Why did you want to go to your current school 5) Tell me about a hardship and how you dealt with it 6) Tell me about a time you gave a speech or presentation. Overall, the interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a brief interview over the phone, followed by a super day at the firm's headquarters. The phone interview was a friendly fit interview. The super day consisted of a fairly easy and collaborative case, a few fit interviews, and some situational questions. I received a call from them the same day offering me the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Interned summer 2014. Applied online through school career site and company page. Quickly received an email asking to set up a first round phone interview. Call was about an hour majority behavioral but recruiter did ask about technical experience (SAS and Excel). Received an email a few weeks later to be flown out to Boston for final round. Recruiter made a very good impression. He called a few days before my flight to alert me to potential weather problems and what would happen if I couldn't make it to the office. Interviews started early Friday morning. First you had the chance to interview an analyst. Then you had 3 interviews - 2 behaviorals and 1 case. Case wasn't hard but interviewer was hard to read. Behavioral questions weren't bad but they expect fairly detailed responses. Have at least 5 or 6 anecdotes prepared. After debrief we all had the chance to explore Boston and then flew back. Got a call Monday with an offer. Important note, Liberty has changed the application process by adding an exam (personality and reasoning).

Interview Questions

• What software programs and languages do you know?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

Interview

Sent a resume in through my school recruitment process and got an email within a week. Set up a phone interview with a Hiring Manager. He also said that there was limited space left in the program since it was already december. I would encourage anyone interested to apply as early as possible.

Interview Questions

• He asked basic behavioral questions. He asked that all my answers about leadership, teamwork, hardship be focused on my qualitative research experience which threw me off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA).

Interview

Applied through campus and received an interview. Basic behavior questions that every other company asks. I got a call back about a day later for a final round interview at their headquarters. It was an entire day event and consists of 1 written test (pretty easy), 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too hard. Ask a lot of questions during the case interview. Also, they paid for lunch and that is part of the interview process as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied through my school career services and was pre-selected. Interviewed with a senior manager on campus. Passed the first-round and continued to the next level. The second and final round of interviews combined behavioral questions on conflict resolution and a case question to enter a new market.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst group work experience and how you overcome the challenges?   Answer Question

Better Opportunities