Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Product Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

First round was on campus as my university. It was 45 minutes. Interviewer had about 10 pages of questions and wrote down problem, execution, and result for each one. all behavioral questions

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to analyze data in excel with imperfect data   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Product Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2014.

I just had an interview today at my college career services center so I am still unsure of the results, but I felt that it went pretty smoothly. The recruiter was very nice and made me feel comfortable even though I was a bit nervous at the beginning. The recruiter asked several behavioral questions such as: 1) Describe a time where you had to use difficult software 2) Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision 3) Tell me about a time where you had to analyze data to make a decision 4) Why did you want to go to your current school 5) Tell me about a hardship and how you dealt with it 6) Tell me about a time you gave a speech or presentation. Overall, the interview took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had incomplete information and had to make a decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2014.

Interned summer 2014. Applied online through school career site and company page. Quickly received an email asking to set up a first round phone interview. Call was about an hour majority behavioral but recruiter did ask about technical experience (SAS and Excel). Received an email a few weeks later to be flown out to Boston for final round. Recruiter made a very good impression. He called a few days before my flight to alert me to potential weather problems and what would happen if I couldn't make it to the office. Interviews started early Friday morning. First you had the chance to interview an analyst. Then you had 3 interviews - 2 behaviorals and 1 case. Case wasn't hard but interviewer was hard to read. Behavioral questions weren't bad but they expect fairly detailed responses. Have at least 5 or 6 anecdotes prepared. After debrief we all had the chance to explore Boston and then flew back. Got a call Monday with an offer. Important note, Liberty has changed the application process by adding an exam (personality and reasoning).

Interview Questions
    • What software programs and languages do you know?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Product Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

Sent a resume in through my school recruitment process and got an email within a week. Set up a phone interview with a Hiring Manager. He also said that there was limited space left in the program since it was already december. I would encourage anyone interested to apply as early as possible.

Interview Questions
    • He asked basic behavioral questions. He asked that all my answers about leadership, teamwork, hardship be focused on my qualitative research experience which threw me off.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied through campus and received an interview. Basic behavior questions that every other company asks. I got a call back about a day later for a final round interview at their headquarters. It was an entire day event and consists of 1 written test (pretty easy), 1 case interview and 2 behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was too hard. Ask a lot of questions during the case interview. Also, they paid for lunch and that is part of the interview process as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2012.

Applied through my school career services and was pre-selected. Interviewed with a senior manager on campus. Passed the first-round and continued to the next level. The second and final round of interviews combined behavioral questions on conflict resolution and a case question to enter a new market.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst group work experience and how you overcome the challenges?   Answer Question

Better Opportunities

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

Applied through campus center, followed with 1:1 interview consisting of mostly informational and fit questions. Received email request for second round interview, went to headquarters in Boston for interview. Consisted of 1 simple oral case, 1 more difficult written case, 2 1:1 informationals and 1 shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Gave you three different data tables and asked you to analyze them based on your criteria for most successful sales people and suggest solutions to help make them more successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2011.

applied online, got a phone call to schedule a phone interview, phone interview only behavioral questions, then immediately offered to come in for final round which consisted of 2 behavioral interviews, 1 oral case interview and 1 written case

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use difficult software   Answer Question
    did not try!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2011.

I had a first round interview on campus and then a second round at their Boston office. The first round was behavioral. The day in Boston consisted of two interviews with management and a written case study. We also had breakfast and a job shadow with recent graduates who had gone through the the internship.

Product Management Interview

Had a phone interview and was followed up with a final round in office on Valentine's Day. Had 2 one-on-one behavioral interviews and a 45-minute job shadow. The day ended with a business case, which was pretty difficult. It is a fairly high pressure environment with the case.