Liberty Mutual Insurance

3.1

62 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hoffman Estates, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoffman Estates, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in September 2013.

Hiring process took about a month. Phone interview, face-to-face interview with branch manger, then face-to-face interview with zone manager. Lengthy interview process but very straight forward. Didn't throw out any curveballs. Just be confident and have a pipeline of potential customers and you should be just fine with the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Sales Representative Interview

Only had first initial phone interview. I have previous insurance sales experience, so most of the questions were regarding my experiences and there was not really any difficult questions. Most of the time, the interviewer explained the company and position to me, basically attempting to sell me on the role. I then took an assessment, where the math questions were surprisingly difficult. I talked to the recruiter again who explained next steps. I have followed up via email but haven't heard a response back yet.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The recruiter on the phone seemed surprised when I mentioned being involved in the lgbtq community, and quickly suggested that a Church is good place to network for selling insurance. I guess I wasn't surprised they didn't call back to let me know whether I would get a physical interview.

Sales Representative Interview

This was a great easy interview. They wer extremely nice and informative on the job. They were thorough on what they were looking for. Applie online. they wanted to make sure you were a right candiate for the job and make sure that you were going to be good to hire.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Initial phone call to set up phone interview, follow up phone interview with recruiter, phone interview was about 45 min long. A lot of questions about your current job, then basic questions about your work skills/ethic

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you disagreed with a co worker, how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

They offered 40k base salary for the first TWO months (I dont explain why the explain it as a year salary) then they lower you DRASTICALLY to 20k base salary with commissions. Commissions are completely up to you, you have to build your own "book of business". He explained that the middle 3rd of sales reps on average make about 50k-60k after commissions (I dont believe that). They wanted to quickly get me in the next day for an in person interview, but I respectfully declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Began by filling out an online personality and aptitude test. I thought I did horrible with the math portion to be honest, but then ended up getting a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and revolved around answering questions based on how I have reacted in certain situations. Went in to a face to face interview where I sat with an agent for about 30 minutes having a q&a about the position, then went over resume with branch manager. After that I came back for an interview where I had to present a marketing plan I created and make 15 outbound calls with no script to capture lead expiration dates. I captured 3 of the 4 I talked to. I then met with another branch manager and the regional sales manager for a final interview. I then did a background check and was informed that I passed but barely in regards to the tickets I have received in the past, and must not get another ticket or at fault accident to maintain a driving role with the company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, but everything offered was above expectations. Benefits start on day one and I was offered the higher end of the salary range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Only had a phone interview. They asked about my sales experience and I had just gotten out of college so that experience was limited. Times I've talked to customers etc/ helped them with problems. I thought they would be more aware of my minimal experience in sales from my resume and the fact that I'd completed school in three years so I had minimal time to get experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sales experience you've had and when you had to persuade a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2014.

Excellent, very comfortable enviornment that allows you to be yourself during the interview and not a robot. It is a behavior based interview with a lot of situation questions. It was challenging, but again their pleasant professional made it easy to relax and come through it positively.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember the most difficult question. It was all situation.   Answer Question
    No negotiation I was satisfied with the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2012.

Normal interview. Requested a formal presentation to be delivered at second interview in front of a small group. The whole process is a crock, if you don not hit a very big quota you will be let go.

Interview Questions
    No advice , the company is always hiring and firing like a hamster wheel for agents

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lexington, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter. Took a test. Phone interview. Manager Interview. Interview with area manager. The area manager makes the final hiring decision

no negotitation

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!