Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (New York, NY).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then went the the office to interview with two different managers. Took about 2 hours. First manager asked questions about my resume and the usual interview questions. Second manager asked me to create a sales plan. Overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2015.

Interview

In person Pre-Screen, I didn't even received an interview. It was a waste of time. They are inconsiderate of peoples time and travel expenses. Worst part is they sold a Pre-Screen as an actual interview, sad experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions every company asks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Dallas, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then took assessment. About a week later I got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for a couple days later. Basic questions and the lady was nice. She explained the pay and benefits. She also asked If I had any questions. Overall it was a quick experience.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in my last job? Why I would make a good sales rep??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance (Lake Mary, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Completed a 77 minute assessment. A few days later, I received an email invite to an "Interview Day" event (along with dozens of others). We were asked to sign in and provide a copy of our resume. We were told to wait for our names to be called. I was eventually greeted by my interviewer (which was actually a supervisor). He was nice. We then entered an auditorium filled with tables and chairs. There were at least a dozen other interviews going on at the exact same time in the same room within earshot of one another. It was very awkward and distracting. I quickly realized my interviewer never even had a chance to read/review my resume.

After countless "Tell me about a time..." questions, the interviewer went on to explain the position, pay and schedule. All of them sounded mediocre and scripted. I think the worst part was the schedule, they were looking for people to work nights and weekends from 1 pm-10 pm. I wish they would have mentioned that prior to driving all the way out there.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

The first interview was conducted by someone at their corporate office in the Massachusetts area. The process was basic and simple, asking background questions. The second interview was a face to face with a branch manager, the process was fairly lengthy. First I spoke to one manager for quite sometime, then was handed off to another to discuss a marketing plan I had created during a 15 minute intermission. Overall, the interview took approximately 2 hours.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Pretty lengthy and involved hiring process. Upon application, you will have to do an online personality test and skills test. If you pass those, a recruiter will call and speak with you about the available positions and give you their view of what the job duties are. You will then be set up with an interview with the branch manager. Depending on your background, you may be required to do a marketing plan and present it at the second interview. He will determine if you move on to the final interview with the area manager. If the area manager gives the okay, you will most likely get a job offer call from the branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Fairly predictable questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation, salaries are set per state guidelines.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Online Assessment, Phone interview by recruiter, in person interview with branch manager twice , in person interview with branch manager and area manager. Background check. Takes anywhere from 2-3 months for the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations since it is a salary+commission position

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2014.

Interview

The normal procedure is: online screening by recruiter including personality assessment, initial interview, follow-up interview. I met a recruiter at a job fair and received a 1st. interview about two weeks later by the hiring manager before my online assessment was completed.

The interview questions were not difficult, mostly scenario questions like "Tell me how you would go about finding new sales prospects" or "Explain how you handled a situation where there was a communication break-down with a customer".

The job entails spending about 60% of the time prospecting, which entails cold calling and making online presentations to existing Affinity Group customers. In the first year of sales, the goal is to obtain as many referral sources as possible (ie, loan officers, realtors, etc...). The prospecting goal is to hit 15 quotes per week and writing 200-300 new policies per year. Evening work (2-3 nights per week) is required to follow-up with leads made during the day.

Liberty Mutual starts new reps. out in training first with a base salary and as commissions are made the base salary is reduced until compensation is 100% commission. First year goal is 60-70k and it was suggested even someone making 50k could be fired their first year. Renewal policies are paid a residual.

Even though I did not receive further consideration, Liberty Mutual staff were very professional and interested in finding the right person for the position.

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online with a referral. Got an email to schedule a phone interview. Was told it would be 45-mins to and hour but only lasted about 15 minutes. It felt the recruiter was trying to sell me on the job more than I was trying to sell her on me. Very basic questions about my background, no curve balls. She said she'll set up me with an area manager for an in person interview.

In person interview was supposed to be long but only lasted 20 minutes (I may have bombed it) the manager was reading generic questions from a form and writing down my answers as I spoke. An example of the a questions was "What was a time you had to resolve a problem with a customer?, What were the action steps you took to overcome this problem? What was the outcome?" It was a very "worksheet format"'interview

Interview Questions

• She asked if I had any questions for her and seemed disappointed I didn't.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview

Three interviews, one over the phone, two in-person. It's all behavioral-based interviewing: "tell me about a time when..." They want to get to know you and how you work as a n individual. I've worked in the role for just shy of a year now and there is a high turnover - they need to know you are a self-starter with a strong will to succeed in this business.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you explained something very complicated to someone."   Answer Question

Negotiation

They set expectations at the beginning, there is no negotiating.