Liberty Mutual Insurance

Getting the Interview

51 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with someone in NC or GA. Then there was a face to face and then there was another interview beyond that.

Interview Question – There wasn't one really pretty seamless interview process.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2010.

Interview Details – Initially attended local job fair. Then applied through the website. Interview was fairly easy as they were looking to grow their sales team quickly. They are very willing to give those with no sales experience a chance. Although they say it's a 9-5 job, there are many hours spent cold calling during the evening and on holidays. Just be prepared!

Interview Question – Why does insurance sales interest you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a base pay of 40,000. However, about a year in, they changed the plan to be a $20,000 base, which is hard if you're having an off month. They could have changed this since then! I believe the economy had a lot to do with it.

Sales Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2012.

Interview Details – Met with recruiter during on-campus interview - was then offered position in local sales office. Worked as Sales Intern then offered Sales Rep position at end of summer.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you faced a struggle?
What is your biggest weakness?
Why sales?
  Answer Question

Rutland, VT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, I was contacted via e-mail to set up a phone interview. The phone interview is pretty standard, they ask about your experience and why you are interested in their company. This is most likely a way for them to weed out people who know nothing.

I then had an interview with a regional manager. I was asked all about my experience and how it relates to the job. I was asked about their company, and invited in for another interview but this time I had an "assignment." I was asked to write up a presentation on how I would go about collecting a book of business and making sales. They basically want you to sell to your friends and family, get referrals, etc.

Interview Question – What was the biggest mistake you've made, and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to sell to my friends and family.

Kingwood, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details – get an internship!

Interview Question – How will you sell value   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – 3 round interview process, last is with Area Manager. Create a presentation of how you will acquire business/leads.

Interview Question – You don't seem motivated enough, explain how you will succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – First interview was phone by recruiter, nothing special, but obviously just weeding out those not right for the role. Follow-up phone, then in-person with hiring manager. Process was typical for large company.

Interview Question – I was asked to tell a joke. This caught me off guard. I believe the idea was to see how I could 'think on my feet.'   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they have a standard package.

Lake Oswego, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2012.

Interview Details – You will meet with a local Sales Manager 1 time and then asked to come back with a short presentation. The 3rd interview is with upper management.

Interview Question – Explaining how your past experience will be an asset to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is what it is.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Interviewer asked a series of questions regarding my background. Asked if I had any questions. Answered my questions. The interviewer then directed me to the website to complete the application online.

Interview Question – None. Why do I want to work for Liberty Mutual   Answer Question

Bedford, NH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – First interview was conducted through a recruiter over the phone. Second was in the local branch with the branch manager. Third was a presentation given about GSP Accounts (in my case) to the branch manager and one of the leading sales performers in the office. Fourth was an interview with the branch manager's boss, which was rather informal and discussed job offer.

Interview Question – What did you do to prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Sales Representative interview questions and advice. All 51 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.