Liberty Mutual Insurance

Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.1

64 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Three interviews, one over the phone, two in-person. It's all behavioral-based interviewing: "tell me about a time when..." They want to get to know you and how you work as a n individual. I've worked in the role for just shy of a year now and there is a high turnover - they need to know you are a self-starter with a strong will to succeed in this business.

Interview Questions
  • "Tell me about a time when you explained something very complicated to someone."   Answer Question
They set expectations at the beginning, there is no negotiating.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The HR rep was very straightforward and polite. He sounded very attentive and interested in what I had to say. The conversation went well and I was asked to come visit the main office immediately.

Sales Representative Interview

Only had first initial phone interview. I have previous insurance sales experience, so most of the questions were regarding my experiences and there was not really any difficult questions. Most of the time, the interviewer explained the company and position to me, basically attempting to sell me on the role. I then took an assessment, where the math questions were surprisingly difficult. I talked to the recruiter again who explained next steps. I have followed up via email but haven't heard a response back yet.

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The recruiter on the phone seemed surprised when I mentioned being involved in the lgbtq community, and quickly suggested that a Church is good place to network for selling insurance. I guess I wasn't surprised they didn't call back to let me know whether I would get a physical interview.

Sales Representative Interview

This was a great easy interview. They wer extremely nice and informative on the job. They were thorough on what they were looking for. Applie online. they wanted to make sure you were a right candiate for the job and make sure that you were going to be good to hire.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2014.

Initial phone call to set up phone interview, follow up phone interview with recruiter, phone interview was about 45 min long. A lot of questions about your current job, then basic questions about your work skills/ethic

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you disagreed with a co worker, how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

They offered 40k base salary for the first TWO months (I dont explain why the explain it as a year salary) then they lower you DRASTICALLY to 20k base salary with commissions. Commissions are completely up to you, you have to build your own "book of business". He explained that the middle 3rd of sales reps on average make about 50k-60k after commissions (I dont believe that). They wanted to quickly get me in the next day for an in person interview, but I respectfully declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Began by filling out an online personality and aptitude test. I thought I did horrible with the math portion to be honest, but then ended up getting a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty straight forward and revolved around answering questions based on how I have reacted in certain situations. Went in to a face to face interview where I sat with an agent for about 30 minutes having a q&a about the position, then went over resume with branch manager. After that I came back for an interview where I had to present a marketing plan I created and make 15 outbound calls with no script to capture lead expiration dates. I captured 3 of the 4 I talked to. I then met with another branch manager and the regional sales manager for a final interview. I then did a background check and was informed that I passed but barely in regards to the tickets I have received in the past, and must not get another ticket or at fault accident to maintain a driving role with the company.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase, but everything offered was above expectations. Benefits start on day one and I was offered the higher end of the salary range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2014.

Only had a phone interview. They asked about my sales experience and I had just gotten out of college so that experience was limited. Times I've talked to customers etc/ helped them with problems. I thought they would be more aware of my minimal experience in sales from my resume and the fact that I'd completed school in three years so I had minimal time to get experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a sales experience you've had and when you had to persuade a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I have only just completed the online application process. I hope to hear something soon, Liberty Mutual definitely is comprehensive from the get go! I like that and hope to be a part of them in the future!

Interview Questions
    • Mainly word/math problems that I just didn't expect, but fully understand the reasoning behind them.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

There was a phone interview with someone in NC or GA. Then there was a face to face and then there was another interview beyond that.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one really pretty seamless interview process.   Answer Question