Liberty Mutual Insurance

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Actuarial Intern Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process from beginning to end was about 3 months. 1st round standard phone interview sweeping the resume. They flew me in for an in person second round interview. There were four hours of behavioral questions, and only two technical questions between four different Fellows. It seemed like a good opportunity, but I didn't fit in to the dry culture.

Interview Question – When was a time when you lacked information but were able to carry on with the specific task at hand?   Answer Question

Project Manager, Process Improvement Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2010.

Interview Details – Liberty Mutual has a lengthy interview process with multiple rounds of phone and face to face interviews. They use behavioral interview questions primarily. In responses, its important to be concise. I'd recommend using the STAR format as you prepare your examples and if possible frame your responses in short lists of 3 items.

Interview Question – The question banks have the usual range of questions about teamwork, conflict, difficult people, perseverance. The specifics of the technical questions vary by department.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is expected that you will negotiate your initial offer. Suggest you make a list of the things that are important to you in case they are able to flex somethings but not others. Annual merit increases are low, so its not wise to take an offer that is below your needs in the hopes of quick promotion.

Corporate Development Program Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of 2 rounds. First round was an hour behavioral phone interview. Asked a lot about personality and job experiences and when and where I analyzed large datasets. It was a very enjoyable phone conversation.

Second round took place on site in Seattle, WA office. It was a long day of interviews: 2 behavioral and 1 case interview. The case interview was 5 steps with basic math involved. The 2 behavioral interviews were very boring, asking almost the same exact questions in both interviews. All questions were asking about analyzing datasets. I felt they did not get a good sense of who I was as a person. All they wanted to know about me was what data I have ever analyzed.

Interview Question – Just prepare many examples of different times you have analyzed data. I ran out of different examples.   Answer Question

Product Manager Development Program Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting, received an interview on campus first. Interview consisted of largely behavioral questions and some questions regarding times I have used statistics. Received a second interview at the Seattle office. This was a half day interview that consisted of multiple interviews, a case study about the various effects of insurance programs (included math and business questions), and ended with lunch with the management. Everybody was very friendly and I would say the questions were fairly standard for the position.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to conduct data analysis and the sources were not given   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Attempted to negotiate, but salary was set.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview, and if interested in taking the next steps an in person interview is scheduled. Interview questions were straight forward. They asked about past experiences and why I chose to apply for this specific position. The interviewer was friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Question – Please give an example of a situation where you had to come up with an innovative way to address an issue or solve a problem.   Answer Question

Product Development Rotational Program Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in October 2013.

Interview Details – Went to a Q&A session on campus with a recruiter. Got invited to a 30-45 min. interview with a product manager on the team, and passed. Last round is at the offices, and is a full day event from 8am-2pm. Started with a breakfast and a Q&A session with current product analysts, then got split into groups. I had the case study interview first. Met with a product analyst manager and was given an oral/written case study. It was about what to do when trying to enter a new insurance market, and then was asked to perform basic calculations. Next was a behavioral interview, and then a job shadow. After the job shadow was my second behavioral interview. Then we went on to lunch. Got a call in 2 weeks saying that I would not receive an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to work with a lot of data, and had to make a quick decision.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend within the department. There were three rounds. The first was a basic screening, which consisted of a resume walk through and a more detailed description of the position. The second round was a skill based interview with a manager within the division. Both of these lasted approximately 45 minutes. The final round is an on-site interview with 6 managers. It started with a job shadow, followed by an hour-long case study, and ends with two 2-on-1 behavioral/skills discussions.

Interview Question – What's your favorite function in Excel?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Position was too mundane (i.e. full time spreadsheet workhorse), especially given the less than inspiring starting salary.

Underwriter Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview was an on-campus interview. the 2nd round was conducted at their corporate office at Seattle downtown. I was called in for the 3rd round but they decided to give me an offer before the 3rd interview.

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in November 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straightfoward, I applied online through a job site and recieved an interview request. First round was about my resume, make sure you can explain what skills you developed and what challenges you faced for each job listed- also know what the job you applied for entails because they asked about that too.
They also asked why I chose my major and why Liberty Mutual appeals to me- do company research and find out what sets them apart from competitors. About 2 weeks later a got a phone call for a second round interview at the downtown office, and most of the questions were situational (eg tell me about a time where you made a suggestion to improve a business process, how do you deal with difficult people)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you led a group and it wasn't successful.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

User Support Center Agent Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2008.

Interview Details – Hired through temp placement agency.

Interview Question – What would you do if your manager was out for the day and you had a really important question?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.