Liberty Mutual Insurance

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – HR was very difficult to work with as the rep I was assigned did not keep scheduled interview calls, etc. If you are really interested in the position stay on top of HR to make sure phone interviews take place. Don't let HR's failure to taint you on the rest of the company.

Interview Question – The questions were fair & typical. One that was important to them is whether I was interested in promotional opportunities. They are interested in hiring folks that will have a vested interest in their career with the company.   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Interview process is extremely fast, I applied and received contact within a week.

Phone interview first, then in person interviews with two hiring managers.

Interview Question – None, most of the questions are either behavior and talked more about my background and why I wanted to choose Liberty Mutual.

What would you look forward to if you had the position?
  Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was with a number of people. Interesting her managers had no idea of her viewpoint! I met with my direct manager who gave me a better idea of my position and coworkers and department. I met his boss who gave me a general overview of the company and the department. I met a co-worker who entirely dissed the company.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself. What makes you the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for an extra week of vacation which I was given. That was only beneficial for the first 3 years after which the company's vacation caught up. I was able to increase the salary only slightly.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring consisted of an initial phone screen, and then an interview day. The day consisted of four interviews with questioning in-line with what you would expect for the position. Timeliness is directly correlated with the hiring manager. Some managers will call you the day after the interview, others take months. Just an FYI, you probably don't want to work for the latter. The good managers here know what they want and don't waste time trying to get it.

Interview Question – Lots of practical application questions. Come prepared to bring lots of prior work examples to illustrate your skill set and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, 3 minute phone call.

Portsmouth, NH

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – Applied for the job on a Friday night, got an email looking for a phone screen the following Monday. Set up the initial phone screen for that Friday. It lasted a 1/2 hour. Was told during the initial phone screen the process could take up to a month. I would hear if I made the next round ( a phone interview) with the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The following Monday, received follow up from the hr manager's assistant to set up a meeting. Set up the meeting based on what the feedback was from HR Manager. Assistant got the wrong week, I found out when she called the day before to confirm. Had to move the interview back a day. I was told the next interview would have been the phone interview with the hiring manager. Somehow that got lost in translation and the interview set up was with 3 people (including hiring manager). Went to interview and it went well. Well enough one of the interviewers even replied back to thank you message. Tried to follow up with HR only never to get a response back. Pretty ignorant to waste someone's time. Would rather have the feedback of we went with someone else rather than to be completely ignored.

Interview Question – From a previous job (had over 10 years ago), what would that particular boss say about you?   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!