Liberty Mutual Insurance Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

HR was very difficult to work with as the rep I was assigned did not keep scheduled interview calls, etc. If you are really interested in the position stay on top of HR to make sure phone interviews take place. Don't let HR's failure to taint you on the rest of the company.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were fair & typical. One that was important to them is whether I was interested in promotional opportunities. They are interested in hiring folks that will have a vested interest in their career with the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview process is extremely fast, I applied and received contact within a week.

Phone interview first, then in person interviews with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions
    • None, most of the questions are either behavior and talked more about my background and why I wanted to choose Liberty Mutual.

What would you look forward to if you had the position?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in March 2013.

I was invited for an open house where I got the chance to speak with two hiring managers, after that I was scheduled for 2 phone interviews and 2 face to face interviews with some senior directors.

Interview Questions
    • How many people in the planet who are less than 25 years old?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Applied for the job on a Friday night, got an email looking for a phone screen the following Monday. Set up the initial phone screen for that Friday. It lasted a 1/2 hour. Was told during the initial phone screen the process could take up to a month. I would hear if I made the next round ( a phone interview) with the hiring manager within 2 weeks. The following Monday, received follow up from the hr manager's assistant to set up a meeting. Set up the meeting based on what the feedback was from HR Manager. Assistant got the wrong week, I found out when she called the day before to confirm. Had to move the interview back a day. I was told the next interview would have been the phone interview with the hiring manager. Somehow that got lost in translation and the interview set up was with 3 people (including hiring manager). Went to interview and it went well. Well enough one of the interviewers even replied back to thank you message. Tried to follow up with HR only never to get a response back. Pretty ignorant to waste someone's time. Would rather have the feedback of we went with someone else rather than to be completely ignored.

Interview Questions
    • From a previous job (had over 10 years ago), what would that particular boss say about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in May 2011.

Hiring consisted of an initial phone screen, and then an interview day. The day consisted of four interviews with questioning in-line with what you would expect for the position. Timeliness is directly correlated with the hiring manager. Some managers will call you the day after the interview, others take months. Just an FYI, you probably don't want to work for the latter. The good managers here know what they want and don't waste time trying to get it.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of practical application questions. Come prepared to bring lots of prior work examples to illustrate your skill set and experience.   Answer Question
    Simple, 3 minute phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in July 2009.

Interview was with a number of people. Interesting her managers had no idea of her viewpoint! I met with my direct manager who gave me a better idea of my position and coworkers and department. I met his boss who gave me a general overview of the company and the department. I met a co-worker who entirely dissed the company.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself. What makes you the best candidate for this position.   Answer Question
    I asked for an extra week of vacation which I was given. That was only beneficial for the first 3 years after which the company's vacation caught up. I was able to increase the salary only slightly.