Liberty Mutual Insurance

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fairfield, OH

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – One interview with the trainers at job location. Interview went well, as I expressed excitement and desire to obtain the position. The interviewers were friendly and easy to present myself as an excellent candidate.

Interview Question – Unsure- the questions asked were pretty standard and could be answered clearly and concisely.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview was an on-campus interview. the 2nd round was conducted at their corporate office at Seattle downtown. I was called in for the 3rd round but they decided to give me an offer before the 3rd interview.

Interview Question – na   Answer Question

Interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Interview Details – One 3 hour interview with with multiple office managers

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to communicate a difficult decision   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had to do a phone interview first. Basic behavioral questions. I then did a one on one interview with a senior underwriter. It was very relaxed and casual. More of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Question – Give a time you failed at something and had to overcome that experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Money

San Ramon, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and after a few weeks received an email request for a phone interview. The requiter seemed completely uninterested in what I had to say and seemed to be just going through the motions.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation in which you had to persuade someone; how did you go about doing this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Underwriter

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – The interview process is difficult. Candidates will have a phone interview, followed by 4-5 in person interviews.

Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round, interviewed at their Chicago headquarters in Warrenville. 4 - 45 minute interviews.
Basics of behavioral interviews.
Invited back for second round of interviews, four more 45 minute 1:1 interviews.
Same types of questions.

Interview Question – What is one of your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Mutual Insurance

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Mutual Insurance Videos

Liberty Mutual Insurance – Why Work for Us?

At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Mutual Insurance employees and interview candidates.