Liberty Mutual Insurance

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I completed a phone interview for the first round of the interview and then was asked into the office for a second interview. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and I was interviewed by the person who would be my manager and also the person who would be my mentor. I felt pretty comfortable throughout the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions were behavioral or about my working style. They did ask about my weaknesses and some basic questions about insurance to see if I knew what underwriting was.   Answer Question
I was able to talk to my recruiter and planned that I was going to take a one week vacation during the summer before accepting the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

One 3 hour interview with with multiple office managers

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to communicate a difficult decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

One interview with the trainers at job location. Interview went well, as I expressed excitement and desire to obtain the position. The interviewers were friendly and easy to present myself as an excellent candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Unsure- the questions asked were pretty standard and could be answered clearly and concisely.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

1st interview was an on-campus interview. the 2nd round was conducted at their corporate office at Seattle downtown. I was called in for the 3rd round but they decided to give me an offer before the 3rd interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2011.

I had to do a phone interview first. Basic behavioral questions. I then did a one on one interview with a senior underwriter. It was very relaxed and casual. More of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time you failed at something and had to overcome that experience?   Answer Question

Money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

I applied online and after a few weeks received an email request for a phone interview. The requiter seemed completely uninterested in what I had to say and seemed to be just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in which you had to persuade someone; how did you go about doing this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

After applying for the Underwriting Intern Position at their website, you need to complete a talent test which assess you abilities in critical reading and math. After completing so, I received a phone interview offer. This phone interview lasts about 30 minutes in which you and the interviewer go through your resume. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What do you consider to be the best thing on your resume?
    - How did you learn about our underwriting position?
    - Can you specify how your time management skills help you in college?
    - What skills do you have that would enhance your performance as an underwriting intern?
    - Why would you like to work in underwriting?

Interview Questions
    • -What skills do you have that would enhance your performance as an underwriting intern?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The interview process is difficult. Candidates will have a phone interview, followed by 4-5 in person interviews.

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in February 2012.

First round, interviewed at their Chicago headquarters in Warrenville. 4 - 45 minute interviews.
    Basics of behavioral interviews.
    Invited back for second round of interviews, four more 45 minute 1:1 interviews.
    Same types of questions.