Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriter Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Underwriting Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I applied for a summer underwriting intern position in San Francisco.
The preliminary interview was over the phone with a recruiter and then there was an in-person interview with the hiring managers.
One of the interview questions was:

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when it was important for you to develop a relationship and how you developed that relationship.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Mutual Insurance

Underwriting Interview

Applied online through Liberty Mutual website. Received a call about two weeks later to tell me a little bit about the internship, what it entailed, and to answer any basic questions I had. Set up a date and time for a phone interview/screen. Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Rapid fire with mostly all behavioral questions. Started off with asking where and whom I learned about the internship from and why exactly I was interested in interning with Liberty Mutual and why as an Underwriting Intern. Heard back from them less than 2 weeks later to set up an on-site interview. Stay tuned...

Interview Questions
    • Why specifically do you want to work for Liberty Mutual?   Answer Question

Had better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

I completed a phone interview for the first round of the interview and then was asked into the office for a second interview. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and I was interviewed by the person who would be my manager and also the person who would be my mentor. I felt pretty comfortable throughout the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral or about my working style. They did ask about my weaknesses and some basic questions about insurance to see if I knew what underwriting was.   Answer Question
    I was able to talk to my recruiter and planned that I was going to take a one week vacation during the summer before accepting the position.

One 3 hour interview with with multiple office managers

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to communicate a difficult decision   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

One interview with the trainers at job location. Interview went well, as I expressed excitement and desire to obtain the position. The interviewers were friendly and easy to present myself as an excellent candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Unsure- the questions asked were pretty standard and could be answered clearly and concisely.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2013.

1st interview was an on-campus interview. the 2nd round was conducted at their corporate office at Seattle downtown. I was called in for the 3rd round but they decided to give me an offer before the 3rd interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in June 2011.

I had to do a phone interview first. Basic behavioral questions. I then did a one on one interview with a senior underwriter. It was very relaxed and casual. More of a conversation than an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time you failed at something and had to overcome that experience?   Answer Question

Money

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in January 2011.

I applied online and after a few weeks received an email request for a phone interview. The requiter seemed completely uninterested in what I had to say and seemed to be just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation in which you had to persuade someone; how did you go about doing this and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

After applying for the Underwriting Intern Position at their website, you need to complete a talent test which assess you abilities in critical reading and math. After completing so, I received a phone interview offer. This phone interview lasts about 30 minutes in which you and the interviewer go through your resume. Some of the questions I was asked:
    - What do you consider to be the best thing on your resume?
    - How did you learn about our underwriting position?
    - Can you specify how your time management skills help you in college?
    - What skills do you have that would enhance your performance as an underwriting intern?
    - Why would you like to work in underwriting?

Interview Questions
    • -What skills do you have that would enhance your performance as an underwriting intern?   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

The interview process is difficult. Candidates will have a phone interview, followed by 4-5 in person interviews.