Liberty Mutual Insurance

www.libertymutualgroup.com

Liberty Mutual Insurance Underwriting Training Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 25, 2014

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriting Training Program Interview

Underwriting Training Program
Aliso Viejo, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in early April. The application required a 45 minute behavioral/IQ test (very tedious). I was invited to do a phone interview a few days later. The recruiter was very nice and advised me that the position required 30% travel to their Boston office, which I found intriguing. You are required to finish the training program in 6 months, which is shorter than it was in the past---I was previously told that it was 9 months to a year long.

I was then invited to come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 2 guys (the underwriting managers) who were actually pretty nice. They asked some standard “tell me about a time” questions & it lasted just over an hour. I left their office with the feeling that I got the job, but I guess I was mistaken.

Summary:
-I had every requirement necessary for the job (higher GPA than 3.0, 2+ years of work experience)
-The whole process was pretty quick
-Was rejected three weeks after
-Would not apply there again

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you negotiated something   Answer Question

Underwriting Training Program Interview

Underwriting Training Program
San Diego, CA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Liberty Mutual Insurance.

Interview Details – The interview process was supposed to be in three phases. The initial interview was a phone screen with a recruiter, where she asked general STAR format questions. The second was a phone interview with two underwriters who currently worked there. The questions were also in STAR format. These questions, however, wanted more detail about your experiences and how you would handle similar experiences if you were to accept the position. The final interview was a face-to-face interview in San Diego.

Interview Question – Interviews wanted to know how I could relate my college education to the position.   Answer Question

Worked for Liberty Mutual Insurance? Contribute to the Community!