Liberty National Life

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irving, TX

I applied through other source - interviewed at Liberty National Life in April 2014.

Interview Details – Got a cold call (saying they saw my resume online) with a simple question are you still unemployed and are you interested in coming in tomorrow if so you need to dress professionally. Uhmm hello who wouldn't dress professionally to an interview? No mention of a position or what that position entails. Looked up the location on google maps as suspected super shady. Arrive at the building the door handles don't even work, to open up doors to stairs let alone the bathroom. I was reading reviews before I went to the 'interview' which was flat out beyond SHADY. The message that was communicated conflicted within itself. The appearance of my surroundings said it all. How can you say you have meetings in 5 diamond hotels and you have a location of your 'top branch' in such an old run down building.. The manipulation of words and a sales pitch with untrue promises "if you follow this script you will be successful". The logos and banners horribly pixelated. The entire thing was a sham.

This company is purely commission based. Prying on innocent people to pay into their scheme.

Don't waste your time. Always be aware. There were many key factors that pointed out this company is a cop out.

Interview Question – What is unique about you? Are you open minded?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Simply saw through the empty promises and felt truly sorry for these people of 'faith'.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty National Life in November 2013.

Interview Details – It was horrible. I felt like I was being hearded in like cattle. I don't understand why companies do this. I know there is individual interviews after that but at that point I felt like they would just take a warm body.

Interview Question – All information and the questions seem to almost cross a line.   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I interviewed at Liberty National Life in November 2013.

Interview Details – I recieved a call from someone and I was told that they found my resume online and they would like to scheudle interview to disscuss this opportunity.

when I arrived, I was pulled into an office for a 1:1 which lasted less than 5 min . Afterwards, I was taken to a room where several other candidates were given a rah-rah company video and presentation by a corporate recruiter explaining how the commission system worked and the products offered by the company.

Interview Question – How Interested are you in the position on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Liberty National Life

Interview Details – A hiring manager contacted me from a posted resume online. I went in for an interview the following week and met with the Agency Owner. We spoke briefly about my work history and what I was looking for in a career. After that I was invited to a career brief were he went in depth into the different positions that were available. This was the most upfront and in depth interview I had ever been on. After the care brief I met one on one with the agency owner and did a more in depth interview. I left after that. A couple of days later I was called in for a follow up interview, after answering a few more questions in depth, I was offered a position.

Interview Question – What can you bring to this organization that another candidate cannot, why would I hire you over the other 10-15 people I met with this week?   View Answer

Insurance Agent

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty National Life in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview for open management positions. I get to the office and its interviews for the agent positions( I didn't find this out until half way through the interview process). They sat us down individually for a 5 minute 1:1 interview. We were then herded us into a large room and given a 1.5 hour presentation. I declined the offer and thanked them for their time.

Reason for Declining – Not worth my time. I was lied to about the position I was interviewing for.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty National Life in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by someone over the phone to come to an interview with Liberty National Life Insurance. When I arrived the employees were very outgoing. I spoke with an Agency Director for about 2 minutes before being taken into a room with 10 other people where I listened to a presentation about the company and the career that they were offering as an agent. I then spoke with the same woman one on one again for another 10 minutes or so. Overall, it was educational and a very easy interview.

Interview Question – The only difficult question they really asked was whether or not I was able to hear "no" and be treated badly by potential clients without having it affect me. The questions were very straight forward and easy.   Answer Question

Gainesville, GA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Liberty National Life in July 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call saying that they saw my resume and was interested in bringing me in for a position that in customer relations and possibly a management position. When I went in it was just a 100% commission, insurance sales agent position. In the first part about 6 people were addressed in a room with very captivating success stories of agents and was supposed to address different details of the job (compensation, benefits, etc.). The second part was supposed to be an individual interview, but ended up just them trying to sell me on the job a bit more and had a lot of conflicting details about the job.

Interview Question – What is your interest in this job on a scale from 1-10?   Answer Question

Roswell, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty National Life in July 2013.

Interview Details – Sent resume then called in for a group learn about the company session and then a quick one on one q&a with the agent running the session. At the end he asks if he can call me the next day for a more formal interview and I said yes. He never called.

Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty National Life in March 2013.

Interview Details – Someone called me stating that the found my resume on-line and that I would be a good candidate for the position they were interviewing for. What a piece of BS! When you get to the office, you are ushered into a conference room where there are ten others "interviewing". After a sales pitch, you are invited back to someone's office and asked if you liked what you had just seen.

Reason for Declining – This is a multi-level marketing scheme!

Concord, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty National Life in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview is a group situation nothing really individual. If you have a insurance agent license, pass the background check, you are pretty much assured of a position.

Interview Question – Nothing was surprising or unexpected while interviewing, but of course if you don't interview on an individual level you are really never challenged in your belief system.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, salary is strictly commission.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty National Life

Worked for Liberty National Life? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty National Life Videos

Liberty National Life – Why Work for Us?

There's one company dedicated to helping you realize and achieve your worthwhile goals - Liberty National Life Insurance Company Liberty National presents what could be the biggest opportunity of your life; it could… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty National Life Insurance Agent interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty National Life employees and interview candidates.