Liberty National Life Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a call asking if I was interested in scheduling a next-day interview. There were three rounds of the interview spanning over three days. I waited for over an hour to begin on the first interview, and it was completed in about ten minutes. The second was a group interview. All potential employees completed a questionnaire, introduced themselves, and then viewed a presentation about the company. I then received a call later that day letting me know to come back for a final interview. It was a one on one general review of my questionnaire and where a final decision was reached.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty National Life

Anonymous Employee in Guntersville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Guntersville, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call from a lady who asked me to come for an interview in guntersville, alabama. She told me this was an office position and used another name for the company. I took down the address and my interview was for the next day at 10AM. When I walked into the building I realized it was Liberty National. I am very upset that I was tricked into thinking this was an Office job!!! Why would these people seek employees with LIES is beyond me!!! This place is commission ONLY and if you don't meet the expected sales quota, YOU OWE THEM!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Are you still seeking OFFICE WORK?   4 Answers

I was lied to and told the job was clerical office work with a finance company!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

A recruiter from Liberty National contacted me on the phone, asking if I was still seeking employment. She said that her manager saw my resume on Monster, and wanted me as a sales, supervising, or insurance agent. I found that rather strange, considering my resume on Monster was heavily geared towards biomedical research, and those job openings she said that were available don't seem to draw on my skill set. Regardless, she asked some questions about my work experience and my resume, and I agreed to an interview for the next day (first time job seeker, needed the experience). Did some research through this site, and discover before the interview that I did not want to work for them. I'm not a sales person, period. But like said, I needed some experience in dealing with interviews, so I went along. I got there a little late (I know, I know, not a good habit), signed in and filled out some paperwork. After a couple of minutes, the manager called me in for 1 on 1 interview. He talked about the company, a little bit about my resume, why I would be a good fit for the company, and what I am looking for. Knowing that this place has a pyramid scheme vibe to it, I asked them about their sales tactic and audience, and what role was he looking for me to fill in. For the last question, his response was strange. He asked what did his secretary told me, to which I said sales and supervising (forgot about insurance at the time). He said that right now, we're looking for sales people, and that they have a rigorous system to help those who have no experience in sales to be successful. At that point, I put my foot down, and told him that I'm not interested in sales. I'm not strong at that, I'm probably better at supervising. With that, the manager told me that everybody in the company must start in sales before moving onto other roles, and ended the interview there. I got no offer, obviously, but I would say that the experience wasn't bad. It was quick and easy, so if you really want to work for this company, you got that going for you.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Liberty National Life.

Interview

Was brought in for interview, there were three interviews at Snider Group. First interview was with an manager one on one. Second was with a different manager, the next day. The third was 2 days later with the owner.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What was your motivation for being there? Have you ever lead people before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Birmingham, AL) in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy interview. Called by a recruiter, came in the next day and was hired. Sat through a 20 minute presentation, talked with the manager one on one and she hired me on the spot. Very pleasant and easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Lowell, AR) in March 2015.

Interview

Individual interview which turned into a group interview where they basically sold the company to a group of applicants. They described earning potential, some job responsibilities, and a whole lot of success stories. The whole process seemed like I was being recruited for a pyramid scheme.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of sales experience you have.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Gainesville, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There was a group of people there for the job openings. We all filled out some paperwork and then the owner of the agency came in and spoke to all of us about how things were going to work and the benefits of working at the company. He explained how many positions were open and what would happen after you got hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Blue Ash, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Sit down with one of the managers and they briefly look over your resume but they really are determining by the questions they ask you and your personality that comes across in your answers if you are right for the job.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty National Life.

Interview

After get a call from liberty national I was very excited, so I went to the interview the next day. I was very nerves but the interview process wasn't hard at all. I was hired for the position. It's not hard but trying to get customer to purchase insurance was the hardest part. Building your customer trust was fun because I'm a people person. If you are a good sale person this job will be good or you. The employee was fun and I enjoy working at Liberty, but I knew that job wasn't for me.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty National Life (Irving, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Just like most of the others, I got a random phone call one morning to schedule an interview for the next day. The recruiter said they saw my resume online, thought I was a good potential candidate. Reminded me to dress professionally, which I thought was a little weird--who doesn't dress professionally for an interview? The recruiter didn't mention a specific position, but he did text me later to confirm, so I used that opportunity to ask him what the position was. He responded with 'benefit consultant,' but never heard that title again during the whole process. Looked up the location on google maps, looked pretty shady, but I decided to go, an interview's an interview. Next morning, arrived, registered in their office, turns out the guy I talked to the day before wasn't there, so I spoke with someone else, then went to the group session, and I found out why they remind you to dress professionally--not everyone does. There was a bit of a wait before the presentation started, and it turned out to be more of a sales pitch than anything else. Like someone else pointed out, it was unsettling that there was a bit of a discrepancy in what they were throwing out--5 diamond hotel conventions with carpet that's starting to peel off the floor in their self-proclaimed top ranked office. I decided to give it a shot anyway. After the hour-long group presentation, you have an exit interview. And if you play your cards right, you have a second interview with one of the higher-ups. They like to throw out the phrase "partner with you" a lot. The second interview is really the same thing as before, more behavioral questions, and that's it, you get offered a job. Never was asked about any point on my resume. They'll try to take you downstairs to register for a course in insurance sales.

Interview Questions

• Why should we partner with you? What are some of your weaknesses? What are some of your qualities that will help you be successful in business?   Answer Question