Liberty Power Corp

Very Easy Interview

Energy Sales Consultant Interview

Energy Sales Consultant
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp.

Interview Details – Fly you in and keep you locked in a small interview room all day.

Interview Question – Asked to many personal questions that they shouldn't be like how many kids,   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Read to many negative things about the company. I also asked to talk to some top employees and I wasn't able too.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp.

Interview Details – Nothing unusual about the interviewing process. Made hiring decision relatively fast, interviewed about 4 different people

Interview Question – Some challenging questions regarding technical software skills form more than a couple of the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Back and forth a couple of times.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in May 2012.

Interview Details – initially communicated by HR. Met with several memebers of the IT team and project managment team.

Interview Question – How would you capture requirements in this particular scenario. Tell me the requirements you've captured. How do you go about documenting the requirements? What type of project management methodology are you famiiar with   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in May 2013.

Interview Details – Since the money and benefits will be sorted out with the staffing firm, in this case Kforce, I am unconcerned with those matters during the end-client interview process. Liberty Power had specific projects in mind, so they asked questions about my experience with certain tasks, tools, and processes. Typical to my interview approach, I asked them questions about project expectations, what type of people my co-workers would be, what do the interviewers like or dislike about working there, etc. I typically take more notes than the interviewer(s). Liberty Power and Kforce were both very pleasant and professional through the process. The only downside was that the extensive background check (included 10 year residential history and 10 year job history) was designed and handled very poorly by LexisNexis, potentially costing me the position just due to delays.

Interview Question – Inguinal hernia examination performed by LexisNexis   View Answer

Senior Manager of Digital and Innovation Interview

Senior Manager of Digital and Innovation
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in February 2013.

Interview Details – The best I have to date. The whole process took one week and I met with every department. There was a total of 3 interviews and very responsive HR or they like to be called People.

Interview Question – I have to start from scratch in building the whole digital initiative but that is exactly what I wanted to do.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 1 call and done.

Out Bound Tele Sales Interview

Out Bound Tele Sales
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in August 2010.

Interview Details – Quick phone screen, personality test, interview with 2 managers and was offered the position. Very easy interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – NA

Channel Sales Manager Interview

Channel Sales Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in February 2011.

Interview Details – Employee referred my resume that started the process; the first red flag was that it took approx. 2+ months before the recruiter actually telephoned for an initial phone interview! The phone meeting went well on my part and I secured the opportunity to have a IQ test and another intel test after our hour long discussion. The phone discussion was structured with specific questions on my experience and goals including why my background and experience would be a fit for LP. On the receiving end, I sensed a definite air of supremacy that reminded me of the dot com days when every little startup thought that they would be taking down IBM and the rest of the world. Same thing but in power at LP.

The tests are timed and very short so be prepared to answer quickly without distractions. I found it to be very easy and common shape IQ type questions. I passed and was telephoned promptly to set a face to face interview. I was instructed that I would be meeting the recruiter and another person.

I arrived on time, waited approx. 20 minutes before the recruiter put me in a conference room off the entrance. I could see another candidate and figured he had just completed his interviews (and saw a third waiting as I was leaving). The second red flag occurred when I ended up having 1:1 interviews with 5 people (not the 2 I was expecting)! Fortunately, I was prepared and answered (what I thought) well. Interviews were all over the place in style; some structured, others with no real objective. After 2 hours of interviewing, I met with the recruiter who asked how it went (I said very well). She then put out a salary number of $65k to start and said that the bonus structure had not yet been worked out for 2011 but that it would be good. Then she asked if I would be ok with that; I asked her what the breakdown on the position was for base/bonus to which she had no answer. I then responded that I really cannot answer her question without having a clear understanding of the compensation structure.

I left feeling very good about the interviews and thinking that I was connecting with the people I met. Two days later received a call from the recruiter who said that everyone liked me and requesting a 2 week window since I was one of the first people in their process. I said no problem and she promised to get back to me in two weeks. Never happened so I followed up with a brief email and phone call; both were unresponsive. Certainly understand if there was a better candidate but the recruiter lacks any sense of professionalism by not at least responding via email. Call those the 3rd and 4th red flags.

Interview Questions

• What's your 2nd biggest weakness?   View Answer
  • Asking about whether a salary with to be determined bonus structure was ok?   View Answer

Sales Support Interview

Sales Support
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in September 2009.

Interview Details – My initial phone interview went well. I was actually considered for a higher paying position than what I applied for and I was scheduled for an interview within 4 days of my phone interview. I had a 1:1 interview with 3 separate people which took a total of 5 hours! The company as a whole seemed like a great company to work for if you want to work a lot of hours. From what I gathered during my interviews the company does not care about their employees having a good work/life balance. You are expected to always have your laptop with you and work at all times, even if it means working from home at 11pm. The exact words said to me were: "wW need dedicated people who will not be required to work at odd hours of the night but should be available to work at 11pm with little to no notice".

Interview Questions

• We need dedicated people who can work at 11pm if needed, do you have a problem with this?   Answer Question
  • The position is salaried but we do not expect people to grab there belongings and dart out of the door exactly at 5pm. Some days you may work pass 8pm do you have any issues with this?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Power Corp in November 2010.

Interview Details – The process was very structured; including a panel interview with company Partners and Executives. Each panel participant also conducted a one-on-one interview. I was put through the "Targeted Selection Process" - which means that I had to support every career example with actionable tasks and results. I went through 3 rounds, which seemed appropriate for the level, but you could tell that the company was focused on getting the right person into the role. Overall, everyone was professional and pleasant - the experience wasn't too bad.

Interview Question – When was the last time you failed at something? Describe the situation, your actions, and the results...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you have your market data straight. This company clearly understands the market, so you need to "bring your data" regarding your market-based comp.

Worked for Liberty Power Corp? Contribute to the Community!