Liberty Tax Service

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tax Preparer/Manager Interview

Tax Preparer/Manager
Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Details – The skills taught during a 10 week/60 hours class on "Basic Income Tax" gave me the knowledge to prepare Federal/State Income taxes. Because the majority of Liberty Tax offices are owned by franchise owners, they are very invested in the management of their own business. As a result, managers are willing to spend a lot of time helping you learn information and training you.

Interview Question – Why do you want to prepare Federal Income taxes?   View Answer

Income Tax Preparer/Marketer Interview

Income Tax Preparer/Marketer
Bronx, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was smooth and typical. It doesn't take much to get hired so the sharper you are the easier it will be. Make sure you dress sharp, present yourself well and seem like you have ambition and drive to close business. This is just my personal advice, but when they ask do you have any questions, make sure you ask something about the company. It shows you have more interest in them.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with an irrate client, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay rate from 9-10/hr

Processor Interview

Processor

I applied online - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2014.

Interview Details – You are hired on your own own Merits, based on how do you perform in tests, than the interview process is very simple.You are required to take a course in order to qualify to work at Liberty

Interview Question – I think there was none for me   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much to negotiate, it is seasonal and if you don't accept there is some in the line behind you.

Tax Accountant Interview

Tax Accountant
West Haven, CT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews and I had to go through some training classes. After that I had two
take a comprehensive tax exam. Then I had the interview with the manager of the office
where I would be working. he hired me.

Interview Question – The comprehensive exam is a test of all of your knowledge of taxation,. Is it easy?   View Answer

Interviewed at Liberty Tax Service

Interview Details – There is a long tax class that has be taken which is a very good class and learning experience. Once you complete the class, you have an interview with the franchise owner. Once you successfully complete the interview, then you have to pass Level 1 to become a certified tax preparer. Once you pass the test, then you are hired.

Interview Question – How have you encountered a very difficult customer?   Answer Question

Office Manager/Tax Preparer Interview

Office Manager/Tax Preparer
Kinston, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2013.

Interview Details – Liberty offers free tuition tax courses. I was offered a scholarship by the owner, so I did not have to purchase my text books. However, the book fees are generally $150-$160. There are 10, 8, 6, 4 week courses. So training for a tax preparer begins in the early fall. After successfully completing the tax course there is a one week Rapid Class and opportunity to practice tax returns on the office computers. At the beginning of the tax season, the company owner and/or office managers interviews you. By this time, there has been ample opportunity for them to become familiar with your work habits, timeliness, aptitude, etc.

Interview Question – I think the most difficult part is not knowing whether or not you will be offered a job at the end of your training. The selection process can be very daunting for students who have attended the classes for several weeks. So, when you go to your interview you have a lot of angst over whether or not you will be selected to join the tax team for that year.   Answer Question

Tax Preparer Interview

Tax Preparer
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Details – There wasn't really an interview process. I just took a rapid tax course (3 days) and after those 3 days the store manager made an offer to the individuals she thought would be an asset to her store. I wish I would have taken the 6 or 8 week course.

Interview Question – There was no interview   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

East Orange, NJ

Interviewed at Liberty Tax Service

Interview Details – You don't interview to work here. Around October they give an income tax preparation class, you can either pay for that class which is about 3 weeks and $150, or wait for their free rapid class which last for 3-4 days. At the end of the class they ask who wants to work for them, you tell them you would like to and then you take a test on the computer which certifies you to prepare taxes for people other than yourself. So if you want to work here, just take the class.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. $10/hr is the only option.

Very Easy Interview

Lantana, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2014.

Interview Details – It was a very unprofessional initial interview

Tax Peparer Interview

Tax Peparer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview Details – There isn't an interview. You finish the tax school, pass the level one test and the product test, get certified and show up.

Interview Question – Less a question and more a statement. The people aren't organized.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Tax Service

Worked for Liberty Tax Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Tax Service interview questions and advice. All 44 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Tax Service employees and interview candidates.