Liberty Tax Service

2.2

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

I applied through other source – interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

There wasn't an interview. About 15 people were allowed to take a one week class at the location I applied at that was mostly through a book where we had to work out different tax problems on many individual people with different tax situations. We were also taught how to use their software right at the actual office desks. The teacher, who was an owner of this franchise, was probably taking note of our personality and our proficiency. We had to pass an online test at the end that was graded.

Online Support Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in November 2014.

I submitted my resume for this seasonal position and was offered an interview with both the assistant manager and manager of the online support department. The interview focused both on customer service and management skills. The environment appeared to be very laid back but focused.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online, brought in my resume, asked to speak with management, was able to answer some questions, have a 10-15 minute long conversation and was asked when I could start.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in October 2014.

they weren't as professional as I thought they were, the person that interview me didn't even asked me about myself, she just wanted to get to the point and tell me how her hiring process worked. $250 dollars for a week of classes. lady I'm there cause I need money not to give money . plus after the peak months it becomes seasonal. all in all waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • most awkward question was that she wanted an answer there and now for the tax preparer position.   View Answer

to expensive to start working there plus I need a full time job not a seasonal one

Income Tax Preparer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Because I was recommended by another employee, I only needed to complete an application and go in for an interview with the owner. I received great feedback right away and had my questions answered immediately.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were expected, the most difficult for me was explaining how my past experience would be an advantage to the company.   Answer Question
    Since it was seasonal, did not seem the time or place to negotiate except for time off for permanent work search.

Tax Preparer/Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person – interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

The skills taught during a 10 week/60 hours class on "Basic Income Tax" gave me the knowledge to prepare Federal/State Income taxes. Because the majority of Liberty Tax offices are owned by franchise owners, they are very invested in the management of their own business. As a result, managers are willing to spend a lot of time helping you learn information and training you.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to prepare Federal Income taxes?   View Answer

Income Tax Preparer Interview

There is a long tax class that has be taken which is a very good class and learning experience. Once you complete the class, you have an interview with the franchise owner. Once you successfully complete the interview, then you have to pass Level 1 to become a certified tax preparer. Once you pass the test, then you are hired.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

There wasn't really an interview process. I just took a rapid tax course (3 days) and after those 3 days the store manager made an offer to the individuals she thought would be an asset to her store. I wish I would have taken the 6 or 8 week course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Orange, NJ

You don't interview to work here. Around October they give an income tax preparation class, you can either pay for that class which is about 3 weeks and $150, or wait for their free rapid class which last for 3-4 days. At the end of the class they ask who wants to work for them, you tell them you would like to and then you take a test on the computer which certifies you to prepare taxes for people other than yourself. So if you want to work here, just take the class.

There is no negotiation. $10/hr is the only option.

Tax Peparer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

There isn't an interview. You finish the tax school, pass the level one test and the product test, get certified and show up.

Interview Questions
    • Less a question and more a statement. The people aren't organized.   Answer Question