Liberty Tax Service Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.9

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Fairfield, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Meet with the office manager asked me basic questions. Had me come before peak of business and me feel very comfortable and kept the interview simple and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why do you want to work here? What is is your work experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process went very smooth. They asked very generic troubleshooting questions. They mostly asked your previous work experience what to like about computers. I can really that working for Liberty Tax was a great experience. It was a great opportunity for me to get my foot into the door

Income Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Riverside, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Not any formal interview process if you take the classes in the fall. Just pass your exam and they basically hire you, part time. But the cost for the books and license do not compensate with the position

Seasonal Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Fort Mill, SC) in December 2014.

Interview

First i sent resume through craigslist and immediately got a phone call to set up interview. Answered the typical questions and was told when to start the training class. After training classes where completed we had to take and pass three test. Once test was completed and passed had to apply for ptin, fill out paper work, get set up to use tax prep software.

IRS Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (North Fort Myers, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted on the telephone, I was then advised my training would be from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. for over a week, and I was not compensated. I had to report to the Ft Myers location for training. After training I then had to register with the IRS for a Federal Number, after I passed my on-line test, I thought the company paid the fee, they did not, it was deducted from my first paycheck.

Interview Questions

• What my previous work experience was   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in November 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume for this seasonal position and was offered an interview with both the assistant manager and manager of the online support department. The interview focused both on customer service and management skills. The environment appeared to be very laid back but focused.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online, brought in my resume, asked to speak with management, was able to answer some questions, have a 10-15 minute long conversation and was asked when I could start.

Online Support Supervisor (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

interviewed by manager and assistant manager: they switched off asking the questions; asked the typical "old school" interview questions; described past job history; asked most difficult thing I had to do as a supervisor; asked about prior call center history; asked about experience with teams and leading teams. explained the position and how it differed from the usual call center.

Interview Questions

• Without looking down, describe how to tie your shoes.   1 Answer

Tax Preparer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Anaheim, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

they weren't as professional as I thought they were, the person that interview me didn't even asked me about myself, she just wanted to get to the point and tell me how her hiring process worked. $250 dollars for a week of classes. lady I'm there cause I need money not to give money . plus after the peak months it becomes seasonal. all in all waste of time.

Interview Questions

• most awkward question was that she wanted an answer there and now for the tax preparer position.   1 Answer

to expensive to start working there plus I need a full time job not a seasonal one

Income Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

Because I was recommended by another employee, I only needed to complete an application and go in for an interview with the owner. I received great feedback right away and had my questions answered immediately.

Interview Questions

• The questions were expected, the most difficult for me was explaining how my past experience would be an advantage to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was seasonal, did not seem the time or place to negotiate except for time off for permanent work search.