Liberty Tax Service Tax Preparer Interview Questions

1.8

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

There wasn't really an interview process. I just took a rapid tax course (3 days) and after those 3 days the store manager made an offer to the individuals she thought would be an asset to her store. I wish I would have taken the 6 or 8 week course.

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Tax Service

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Submit Resume, attend classes, take test and CE's-that's it.

There was none, everything is set in stone.

Tax Preparer Interview

Anyone who took the class got an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2013.

Interview Process was non-existant, they just threw you into different offices wherever you were needed, didn't even really ask about experience

Hiring was quite chaotic with them running out of positions despite hiring many more people than they obviously needed, word of advice, try to get in good with one of the managers at an office, not only will they give you more hours, you can maneuver to more pay as well

They wanted to pay minimum wage but I got it up to 12$

Tax Preparer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in December 2012.

2 week unpaid training that consists of testing and role playing. Group hire and interview.

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in December 2012.

There wasn't really a hiring or interview process. If you wanted the job, you got it. Come into training, and voila! You're employed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centralia, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Liberty Tax Service in November 2012.

Interview was conducted in a very professional manner. Very informative

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question regarding availability to work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2012.

i was called, scheduled an in person interview, and was it was a typical interview, what if scenarios, was thanked for my time, called the next day and hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in December 2011.

The initial job offer listing pay was $10 + high commissions, however during interview the owner, Nelson Maldonado, said it was $8 per hour w/ 4% commissions of invoices to be paid at the end of tax season. He clearly stated I could expect $2,000 in commissions; reality was less than $200. He stated the mandatory training would be paid (it wasn't despite a signed employment agreement).

He was thrilled over my education: Master in Taxation; he stated everyone including himself would ask me questions and to help out on their returns.

He seemed very upbeat and stated the store was super busy, that we would all be working 40+ hours. Again, this was a lie b/c the store was dead most of the time. He claimed there would be numerous corporate clients and the possibility of accounting work after tax season, we had 3 S-corps none of which had enough transactions to warrant bookkeeper or payroll work.

The office was filthy, but he claimed it would be clean upon opening for tax season. He claimed there would be games and food to keep customers happy and entertained while waiting, again nothing was true. The interview was very low key, but energetic.

Interview Questions
    • He asked about my experience/my own accounting and tax clients; he implied to have them come to Liberty for tax service. I clearly stated they were my clients and I have completed their accounting and returns for numerous years, that I wouldn't be willing to refer them and then receive a percentage of the money; he understood and agreed.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, I tried. Instead he offered the claim of $2,000 commission, which wasn't true at all. I accepted the position, based on his claims. Hindsight is 20/20 and I would never recommend anyone to work there or have their taxes completed there b/c the staff doesn't have the qualifications to complete returns properly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milford, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Liberty Tax Service in January 2011.

January 5th I stopped in at location and inquired about job opportunity. Was informed that a rapid class was starting January 5 th over basic tax law and that it would have to be completed before applying. Attended class which was 5 days long from 10 am to 2pm. Most days we were finished by 1 pm and left early. On the last day I along with one other applicant were quietly asked by the location owner to hang back at the end of class after the other 2 applicants left she told us she wanted to offer us a position and we both started the following Monday.

Interview Questions
    • There is not a formal interview. You are thought how to prepare basic taxes and there is homework involved.   Answer Question
    They offer a tired rate of pay from $8, $9, or $10 an hour. The hourly rate you pick determines the amount of your end of season bonus of 2%, 4%, or 6%.