Liberty Tax Service Tax Preparer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

1.6

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

You just need to attend their tax class and pass liberty tax test, then you will need to get PTIN from IRS to be able to work as a tax preparer

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Liberty Tax Service

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

I applied online through my college career board site. Got called for interview which was really simple. I was immediately offered the job and training was provided before starting.

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

you take a class pay $20 for a book if you pass a class you're offered a position in have to pay $65 for the tax liscense, the class lasts for 6 weeks and you have to also pass a test from the IRS, you get 10 chances to take the test so it's almost impossible to fail

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Jacksonville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Your show up basically for a sales pitch for various jobs and then they schedule you for classes. The classes are not hard at all pretty simple, to this day I find it amazing that people actually pay to have this service done instead of doing it for themselves. If they like you they bring you on,

Interview Questions

• None really after the sales presentation they just ask if you are interested and if so what class do you want to sign up for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Madison, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I found the listing on an online job board, sent in my resume, got an email back asking when I could start, we traded emails for a bit to clear up what the pay was (and some other minor details).

Anonymous Employee in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Azusa, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I took tax preparation classes at this liberty tax office and upon finishing the course and passing the test, I was offered a job. No other testing was required and there was basically no interview process or questions to be answered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Anaheim, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

they weren't as professional as I thought they were, the person that interview me didn't even asked me about myself, she just wanted to get to the point and tell me how her hiring process worked. $250 dollars for a week of classes. lady I'm there cause I need money not to give money . plus after the peak months it becomes seasonal. all in all waste of time.

Interview Questions

• most awkward question was that she wanted an answer there and now for the tax preparer position.   1 Answer

to expensive to start working there plus I need a full time job not a seasonal one

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There wasn't really an interview process. I just took a rapid tax course (3 days) and after those 3 days the store manager made an offer to the individuals she thought would be an asset to her store. I wish I would have taken the 6 or 8 week course.

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service (Ashland, KY) in December 2013.

Interview

There is really not much to the interview. What we consider interviews is our basic tax school which serves as a sort of vetting tool for Manager's and franchise owners to gauge who can work with us. And then Formally interview them at the end of the course. In Most cases they are hired

Tax Preparer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Liberty Tax Service.

Interview

Submit Resume, attend classes, take test and CE's-that's it.

Negotiation

There was none, everything is set in stone.