Liberty Travel Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Liberty Travel in February 2015.

Easy questions such as "Why do you want to work with us" or "how many countries have you ever visited". Also she asked me about my last job, what kind of role I had in the company and which computer programs I am familiar with. It took me 20 minutes. The girl was very nice and polite.

Travel Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Liberty Travel.

The agent who called me from the main headquarters was very, very unprofessional. It sounded like she was talking to me from her cell phone. The questions I couldn't hear. I asked her to repeat them and she was nasty and rude to me.

Travel Consultant Interview

I applied about 2 weeks ago and so far I have completed the phone interview and online assessment. Its quite the process. They say that the online assessment wont take more than 45 minutes, but it took me almost 2 hours.

Application:
    Straight forward, nothing complicated.
    Phone Interview: 11 minutes long (just a little introduction)
    Make sure you have your resume on hand because they will ask you to take them through your entire resume. I thought it was a little weird, I should have been asked about specific positions that I have held, rather than going through all..just because some of my positions had nothing to do with the travel industry/customer service. I was asked about places that I have traveled outside of the United States. another question about meeting sales goals, or specific goals that you had at a previous position..and of course Why do you want to work for Liberty Travel? She then went through what the position is all about and that was the end of it. Literally 2 minutes after we hung up, I got 2 emails. One of them was to schedule a skype interview, and the other was to complete the online assessment.
    From my understanding there is a skype interview, in store interview, and background check. Such a process! and from reading all of these reviews it doesn't seem like its worth it.Fresh from college I think its a great start to my career in the travel industry..but we'll see.

Good luck to all applying for this position!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to meet sales goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Travel in November 2014.

Applied online and received an email to schedule for a phone interview.. Phone interview wasn't too bad, few simple questions about your experience etc..I then got an email for a Skype interview with Rebecca the recruiter...Skype interview went well.. She then emailed me pdf files to fill out (references, authorize background check and work history).. 7 PAGES I HAD TO FILL OUT AND SCAN, then Email them back TO HER.. Then I did the longest assessment ever. I emailed her and let her know that everything was done. NO RESPONSE. A week later I get a bs copy and paste email saying that they weren't moving forward with my application. I was told from my previous job that Liberty Travel called in reference to my past enployment. I specially put on my application don't call that employer because the employees that work there are new and they don't know of me. Liberty travel nosed into my credit report and my personal business just to say oh well we're not going to hire you. Smh a big waste of everyone's time. After all the back and forth the least they could've done is call me and say they weren't considering me anymore instead of sending a bs email

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer? Describe your work experience   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Liberty Travel in October 2014.

I applied online received e-mail to set up phone interview next day. Interview very rushed was told there would be follow up e-mail to advise if I would be moving on to next step or if they decided to go with someone else. Of course it was a lie no follow up e-mail. Which to me is very unprofessional of them. I had respect for company until that moment.

Interview Questions
    • None in phone interview. Just basic why do you want to work for Liberty Travel. Honestly the interviewer kept interrupting me so I don't think she was really listening.   Answer Question

Wholesale Travel Agent Interview

interviewed at Liberty Travel in October 2014.

First is a 15 min phone interview. Then a online Self Assessment test that can last for 1 hour. If you pass the test, then you have a background check. And the final step is an "In Store Assessment (ISA)" with the Team Leader. You should expect to be in store for 1.5-2 hours.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Only had a phone interview which felt extremely rushed. As if the interviewer needed to ask but wasn't really interested in your answers. They don't follow up with you at all whether you are selected for the second stage which is contrary to what they tell you on the phone.

Travel Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Liberty Travel.

VERY long interview and hiring process. After applying, it only took a few days for them to call to set up a phone interview. The time in between all the steps was quick, but there are just so many steps that it winds up taking the process as a whole forever. After the phone interview, there was an online assessment- pretty standard. After that, it went to a very in depth background check- basically an interrogation. They check your background, your credit history, education- literally everything- be prepared for questions that you will feel like totally invade your privacy and are completely unrelated. After the background check and phone interview (which are both done by corporate in New Jersey), you will meet and interview with the team leader at the specific store you applied for. I heard back less than 4 hours after my in store assessment that I got the job. I started a week and a half later with two weeks in store training. The first week was a drag, the second week I was making sales. Then there's two weeks training in Ramsey, NJ, which is awful. DO NOT FLY if you have the option- DRIVE- the hotel they put you up in (courtyard marriott, which is pretty nice) is right on a highway, so you won't be able to get anywhere without rounding up 4 other people who might happen to want to go to the same place in order to get the shuttle. THEN, after passing a final exam, you actually get to get in to the store and start work. The total process took me 6 weeks. Of course, you get paid for it, so you can't complain too much, but it was just very long.

Interview Questions
    • Very personal questions in the background check. Also, know the sales process.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable. 30,000

Liberty Travel Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Rochelle, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Liberty Travel in July 2014.

6 weeks, 6 interviews, a very thorough 1.5 hour interrogation into my background including credit and previous employers. good experiences with interviewing and excellent interview in the store.

Got hired and started a week later for my in store training, I was very excited!

What they neglect tell you in the interview and in the your Liberty Travel Commission Agreement is that the commission is not 6% of $9500 and 35% over 9500.01...its 30% of your total commission based on those numbers. I went in assuming it was commission on your sales, not commission of the agency! I am not the only one who thought this, there were several other employees that couldnt answer my question. One guy who just came out of training said he found out the true structure on the last day before the final exam and 4 people quit on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation base salary $30k plus 6% and 30% commission of Liberty Travels Commission not your sales

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Liberty Travel.

Too often though hiring is done in a rushed or even panic mode. A good employee has just quit or some critical business need isn’t getting satisfied. When you need a new employee, you need them now.

Interview Questions
    • Like your other key business processes, hiring needs to be approached in an organized, logical manner. Applying a proven process is going to get you the best results.

View Answer