Liberty Travel

26 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Interview

IT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview Details – Like your other key business processes, hiring needs to be approached in an organized, logical manner. Applying a proven process is going to get you the best results.

Too often though hiring is done in a rushed or even panic mode. A good employee has just quit or some critical business need isn’t getting satisfied. When you need a new employee, you need them now.

Interview Question – Like your other key business processes, hiring needs to be approached in an organized, logical manner. Applying a proven process is going to get you the best results.

View Answer

Travel Agent Interview

Travel Agent

I applied online and interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview Details – Long interview process with very detailed screening. They look for experience in sales but if you've traveled a lot and have sales potential they will train. Lots of opportunity for advancement within the company.

Interview Question – The questions were typical of a position for a sales job. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview Details – Online application. Then background check over phone. Then face to face interview with recruiter. Finally in-store interview with branch manager. Everything went smoothly until the in-store, where the manager was a little condescending and the questions focused on sales.
They were very hung up on how far away I lived, completely ignored the fact that I was looking to move once I started a job- I stated this numerous times but it that was ignored and the distance was clearly an issue with them.

Interview Question – Asked to role-play as a consultant and close a sale.   View Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Ramsey, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview Details – Extremely informal, HR emailed me asking me to come in and interview and didnt give me any information about company culture, hours, benefits. The location in Ramsey is very outdated, the bathroom was disgusting I dont think I would be able to use it if I worked there FT. Tons of smokers I noticed. Casual work environment, the one person I saw wearing a suit was wearing a wrinkled one. The place smelled like band aids. They also gave me an assignment to complete at home,. which was very unclear. You basically had to write an "email blast"

Interview Question – Standard interview questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Liberty Travel in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted via email for brief phone interview (screen) less than an hour after applying. Auto-scheduled appointment. Interview was about 5 minutes long "just to get an idea of [my] history." Was told they would follow up within a week to possibly invite for an in-person interview. I'm not totally sure what extra information this process gave them unless just to see the candidate's phone skills.

Interview Question – Not difficult, but very basic. Asked me to reiterate information on my resume, why I wanted to move into travel, and if I'd had any commission or quota based sales experience in the past.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Travel Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Travel in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy years ago when I started. Now I hear the process is very difficult and for what they make you do so not worth it.

Negotiation Details – This company does not negotiate

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Travel in June 2011.

Interview Details – Starts with phone interview, then group interview, the in-store assessment. Pretty easy. Also, there is a background and credit check.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible - you either take or leave the offer.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader
Ramsey, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Liberty Travel.

Interview Details – First there is a telephone screening with HR; If you are selected to move along you then interview with Division Head + key team members. This step may take two visits depending on the availability of the team members. If they all like you, there will be a telephone background check. If that goes OK they will make you a formal offer.

Interview Question – Background checker asked if I had ever told a lie.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was made clear that the terms were Non-negotiable

Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Liberty Travel in May 2013.

Interview Details – A series of interviews. The shocking was how detailed of a background check they do. They have someone grilling you about your life to ensure you are not a criminal. One of the questions was.... Make sure to tell me if you have ever done anything bad because if we find out and you don't tell us he would not be able to help you out. Very odd for a travel job.....

Interview Question – Background was done very unprofessionally   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there isn't a negotiation due to everyone makes the same amount of money.

Travel Consultant

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Liberty Travel in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Sunday. Hired by that Friday. Contacted for a phone interview by a really nice recruiter, who asked standard questions and went over a few position details. Personality test, paper application, and a VERY thorough phone-interview/background-check followed.

A practical interview in the store was the last stage...you point out where some obvious travel destinations are on a map, put together a role-playing itinerary where you need to get travel dates, budget, and upsell, LOTS of interview questions. I guess theres a lot of competition for these jobs so they try to trip you up and select the one who doesn't mess up - go figure!

Interview Questions

• what would you do if another consultant stole your lead?   View Answer
  • what motivates you most - commission, making the customer happy, or meeting your goal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for the base, and the commission is uncapped so you're paid for performanc

Interviews for Top Jobs at Liberty Travel

Worked for Liberty Travel? Contribute to the Community!

Liberty Travel Videos

Liberty Travel – Why Work for Us?

Why Work at Liberty Travel? We offer excellent opportunities and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit that allows you to advance your career in any direction you choose. Outstanding efforts are recognized and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Liberty Travel interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Liberty Travel employees and interview candidates.