Lidl Deputy Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online Application .Company got back quickly .2 stage interview .First stage maths test and presentation 2nd stage more in depth asking more on skill base and what have you done and how

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Lidl   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Lidl

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lutterworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Lutterworth, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

Small first stage group interview with 3 applicants including myself based at Lutterworth RDC at Magna Park. The hiring process began by introducing ourselves to the district manager and sales operations manager who then in turn introduced themselves and gave a brief background on their role within the company etc. Once we had all settled in, they continued by starting a PowerPoint presentation based on Lidl as a company and what to expect as a member of the Lidl team. To get the ball rolling, the district manager asked the three of us what we knew about the company and the role itself. (This is a good chance for you to stand out from the rest of the candidates if you have bothered to do any research in advance!) The company presentation lasted for around 25 minutes with no group activities or numeracy/literacy tests. After a 5 minute break we were then called into a separate room one at a time for a very brief 5-10 minute interview with the same guys that did the presentation. There were no interview questions whatsoever, they just simply hand you a copy of your CV and ask you to talk them through it. Job history, education, work duties etc. The whole process lasted a little over 1 hour with little to no pressure. If I am called back for a second stage interview, I'm sure that it will be much more thorough and detailed.

Interview Questions

• How many lines does our average Lidl store stock?   1 Answer
    • How many stores are there in the UK?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be aware that salaries ARE negotiable for this position and they will ask you for a figure that you are expecting within reason. £19k-£24k. If you are asking for the top end towards £24k, don't forget that you will have to justify your reasoning as to why they shouldn't start you off on £19k.

Deputy Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lidl in February 2009.

Interview

Formal interview with maths and English test, followed by a 1:1 interview. I was then asked to complete a half day in store plus another interview. This half day started at 6am, and ended at 11am when the interview started.

Interview Questions

• There was a particularly challenging maths test, which did not permit the use of a calculator   2 Answers
    • Explain your understanding of the Lidl Product Mix   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was none