Lidl Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.6

Verkäufer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oer-Erkenschwick (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oer-Erkenschwick (Germany)

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Lidl.

Lief locker und angenehm ab.
    Man setzte sich in die Filiale in den Nebenraum und Filialleiter und Verkaufsleiter stellten einige Fragen.
    Es war ein lockeres Gespräch
    Ein einzel Gespräch mit Filialleiter und Verkaufsleiter

Interview Questions
    • Warum ich mich für das Unternehmen interessiere   View Answer
    Aushandeln ging nicht da Lidl Übertariflich Bezahlt

Human Resources Graduate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Lidl.

First had to submit online application form, after which I received an invitation to an Assessment Centre. Day was very straightforward with 2 individual exercises and 2 group based exercises in morning, then during afternoon numbers got cut down and had a tell me about yourself interview. Next stage is a presentation on a topic you are given in advance. All very straight forward and atmosphere very relaxed especially during assessment centre.

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sowerby Bridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sowerby Bridge, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lidl in February 2015.

Applied online, took around 3 weeks to hear back that I had an interview, attended the interview which was conducted by the district manager and assistant manager, both were very pleasant and seemed interested in my answers, I was invited to a job trial 2 days later and told to bring my passport with me. On the job trial I worked with the manager for around 15-20 mins removing empty cardboard from the fruit and veg section. I then went back in to see the district manager and the manager was present, I was told they would be happy to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    Be friendly and positive, don't sit there like you've been forced to strand an interveiw

Store Assistant Interview

Sent in a cv with application form downloaded from lidl website. Within a couple of days i received a phone call for an interview and work trial. Interview and trial went great, i was told i would hear of the company within a week. After 25 minutes of me leaving the store and getting home, i received a call from the district manager offering me the job. 4 days later i went back to the store for my induction and to collect my uniform, and 2 days later i had my first official shift in the store.

No negotiation

Costruction Coordinator Interview

They told me I'm not qualified enough, but invited me to a trrainee program. I decided to go to the trainee interview and I'll see how it goes. German language is a necessity.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Lidl in July 2014.

I applied online and received an email asking me to attend an interview in a few days. I attened the interview which was extremely short; maybe 5 minutes in total. I met with the store managers and was asked a short set of questions. I was told they'd get back to me in a few days.

2 hours after my interview they called me and asked me to attend a work trial in a couple of days. I attended that, where they greeted me then immediately gave me a numeracy test. It was easy with a calculator but would be medium-difficult without one. It was 5 pages long I think. After I had completed that I was shown around the store by the store manager who told me all about the store, the features within the store and the general day to day life.

She answered any questions I had and seemed very approachable and friendly. It was fairly informal, and we chatted a little as we went around the store, I imagine they were trying to get a feel for the type of person I am. I did a few small tasks; quality checking fruit and vegetables and throwing away rubbish. Then I was shown how they inventory and did a small amount of inventorying.

That lasted around an hour and a half and concluded their interview process. The next day they called me up to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked why Lidl, do I shop at Lidl and if so where. Be prepared to answer these questions.   View Answer
    No negotiations, I was only going for a sales assistant position.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ljubljana (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Employee in Ljubljana (Slovenia)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lidl in June 2014.

It was a 2 part interview. The first part to introduce myself, to get a feeling of what I'm capable of and how do I respond to their stated expectations. I was successful enough to get invited to the 2nd round of interview which was actually a test of my skills: I had to speak in German, take a written test and organize some files in order by instructions and logic.

Head of Sales Areas Interview

The hiring process started by phone call by a HR employee. Then we take part of a group case study situation, in which we were supposed to present a solution. The main objective of this case study was to assess our team working skills as well as our reasoning under stressful situations.

Interview Questions

I hadn't enough time available at the moment as I was still studying.

Area Manager Interview

Group interview followed by competency based panel interview

Management Traineeship (National Level) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merelbeke, East Flanders (Belgium)
    Anonymous Employee in Merelbeke, East Flanders (Belgium)

I applied online – interviewed at Lidl in October 2013.

There are in total of 4 levels of procedures -CV screening, followed by group interview, individual interview, and then an interview with the CFO.

I went with an open mind and curiosity to see myself what the management traineeship entails and what the whole program looks like.

The group interview lasted for about 1:30 minutes, and we were with 4 candidates in total, interviewed by a HR manager and presentation by a management trainee herself, who was coming to an end of her traineeship.

I found the introduction and presentation of the traineeship interesting and promising, and the insight experience shared by a trainee herself gave us a good feel on what to expect in the program.

For the group interview per se, it was split into 3 parts. We began by taking turns to introudce ourselves, and what we knew about LIDL. This we did individually, taking turns to sell ourselves and then share what we knw abt LIDL.

Next, we were given a case to work on, and given that we all came from Finance, economics, law and international relations background - the question was abit more HR-oriented, a neutral topic for all of us. We were asked to evaluate and consider how to solve and go about the problem of employee retention in the company. The interviewer and the trainee sat and observed us while we tried to brainstorm and come up with a structure on how to tackle the issues at hand and how we came up with a solution. In the end we took turns to present the different parts of the answer we came up with. I believe the key element of this part is really teamwork and collaboration of ideas between the participants.

Finally, we were asked to explain why we would like to do this program, and why should they give us the opportunity to proceed to the next stage of the selection process. Again, we took turns to answer the questions, all in front of each other. I made a mistake by talking abit too long, I think its crucial to keep it as simple and straightforward as possible, bearing in mind we are not alone.

Before the session ended, we were allowed to pose questions to them. A tip I read is that, it is always a good idea to ask something to show your keen and genuine interest in the company.

Confidence is definitely key in this case, whilst staying calm, composed and relaxed. However, it is not difficult to do this, as the HR manager is very encouraging and down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve the employee retention problem (hyphotetical case).   View Answer