Lidl Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Filialleiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschweiler (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Lidl (Eschweiler (Germany)).

Interview

Ich wurde mit Verspätung in ein dunkles Büro gesetzt. Das Gespräch war kurz und informativ. Da ich branchenfremd war, bot man mir an, als Verkäuferin zu starten, dann könne man mal weitersehen.

Interview Questions

• Wie ich zu Lidl gekommen bin   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Assessment day + one on one interview. Involved a short one on one interview, then mingling with management with the chance to ask questions about the scheme/company etc. If you get to the next stage, there is a maths test and a further interview, usually with two members of management.

Food Promotions Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Lidl (Wimbledon, England (UK)).

Interview

I was invited to a 2-stage interview process. The first round was a group interview with 2 other interviewees. After introducing ourselves and learning more about the role from interviewers we were asked to do a test (numeracy, attention to detail and Lidl questions), while the first person went straight to the personal interview. When it is your turn to be interviewed, you leave your test and return to it after the ca. 20 minute long interview. Questions included: Why Lidl, why food industry, suitability for the role, strength & weakness The second interview was with the Senior Promotions Manager and questions were pretty much the same.

Interview Questions

• Why Lidl, why food industry, suitability for the role, strength & weakness   Answer Question

Graduate Logistics/Operations/Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter, had a telephone screening the next week and was invited to a group interview about a month later. The group interview had 4 parts - presentation by Lidl, group exercise, maths test and an individual interview. I heard the following week that I had been successful and was invited to the final interview shortly afterwards. Final interview consisted of an individual interview, a presentation to them and an accuracy test.

Interview Questions

• Why lidl? Why this role? What makes us different to the big 4? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Duales Studium Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Nach Einsendung meiner Bewerbungsunterlagen erfolgte ein telefonisches Vorgespräch, indem man wissen wollte wo genau ich arbeiten könnte. Hier war man sehr bemüht und freundlich. Nach dem Online AC erhielt ich leider nur noch eine Absage.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

A recruitment agency was used for this role so first was a phone call and questions to see if you fit the role. At the first interview, there was a general presentation about the company, then the chance to mingle with members of the team and 1:1 interviews with a manager from this department. At final interviews, you faced questions from a panel, did some role plays and completed a maths test.

Interview Questions

• What are your weakness that you can't put a positive spin on?   Answer Question

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Lidl (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

I filled an online application form, uploaded my CV and covering letter. The next day I received an email with a date for a telephone interview, I had to call and confirm a date and time with them. The telephone interview was set for 4 days later, the questions included: why lidl? what do you know about the company? what skills do you have? why should lidl hire you? what is your definition of great customer service? Apart from this we discussed a little about my CV previous employment and why I left. Overall I feel the telephone interview went great, the lady on the phone sounded very friendly and welcoming. I then received an email the very next day for an interview in store. Will update with an another review once interviewed.

Interview Questions

• why lidl? what do you know about the company? what skills do you have? why should lidl hire you? what is your definition of great customer service?   Answer Question

Team Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a board director and an HR assistant Manager. I was welcomed warmly and the interview started with a 10 minute conversation about the company and just some general stuff which broke the ice. Fairly standard interview starting with "tell us about youself" and "why should we hire you" No suprise or trick questions. The interview took 1 hour 20 min but I got a bad vibe o the interviewers as I mentioned that I'm looking for a position with an employer that offers internal career opportunities. Basically they thought I'm not applying for this position for the long run.

Interview Questions

• If your colleagues would have to describe you in 3 words, which ones would they choose?   Answer Question

Verkaufsleiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hüfingen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Lidl (Hüfingen (Germany)) in June 2015.

Interview

Zunächst reicht man eine klassische Bewerbung online ein. Falls diese in Ordnung war bekommt man eine Einladung zum Onlinetest. Dort werden einfache Logik und Analysefähigkeiten sowie Persönlichkeitsmerkmale abgefragt. Bei erfolgreichem Online Test folgt die Einladung zum Telefoninterview. Dieses führt der HR Manager der jeweiligen Regionalgesellschaft. Es werden exakt 10 Fragen gestellt. Anschließend folgt das AC.

Interview Questions

• Nennen Sie zwei Beispiele aus Ihrem Leben bei denen Sie Verantwortung übernommen haben.   Answer Question

Graduate Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maidstone, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Lidl (Maidstone, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

First I completed a short online application form. The next stage was 3 months later where I underwent a 15 minute telephone interview. One/two weeks later i was invited to an assessment centre which lasted all day (9-4?). I was turned down a week after that by email.