Lidl Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

mise en rayon Interview

Interview

J'ai eu un entretien qui c'était bien passer mais je n'ai jamais eu de réponse la personne charger de mon entretien a était très accueillante et a su me mettre a l'aise.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Initially applied online to be informed that they would contact me within 30 days. I finally had a response after 40 days. The interview was with a District Manager, and was pretty standard. However, we were told that there would be a guaranteed 40p per year pay rise, plus extra pay for doing extra duties, such as non-food or bakery. Unfortunately, it later turned out that this was a lie, as there is no "guaranteed" pay rise, and you do not get paid any extra for non-food or bakery! The very same DM later flatly denied ever mentioning anything like that...

Graduate Logistics/Supply Chain/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

A very long process that is clearly designed to find the exact fit for their company. It started with an application form, CV and Cover Letter on-line. I was then contacted by a member of their recruitment team for a brief and relatively informal telephone interview, attempting to attain an understanding of your experience, motives and skill set. I was then invited to an assessment centre in London, which comprised of a group exercise, 1 on 1 interview and a numeracy test. The numeracy was basic but brush up on GCSE level maths, long division, multiplication, addition, subtraction and percentage change. The group interview works on how you operate within a team, whether you lead but are also open to other people's ideas and willing to take the initiative. The interview was a 25 minute (timed!) discussion which was actually quite intense, I believe this was mainly to see how well you operate under pressure. After being successful at this stage I was invited back for a final stage interview. This was a 5 minute presentation and roughly an hour long interview alongside an accuracy test. The accuracy was basic fact checking and spelling, nothing to worry about. It is important to structure you presentation clearly in line with their criteria, whilst delivering a confident and knowledgeable speech. The interview was again designed to really find out how you work and what your key characteristics and skills are. You will be placed under pressure at times to see how well you manage - stand your ground!

Interview Questions

• What makes Lidl different to the top 4 supermarkets? What are our opportunities for improvement? Where will our challenges be found in the next 5 years? What are you two key skills that you can offer us?   Answer Question

Job in der Zentrale Interview

Anonymous Employee in Neckarsulm (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lidl (Neckarsulm (Germany)) in August 2015.

Interview

Zuerst wurde mir die Tätigkeit genauer beschrieben, als es in der Stellenanzeige möglich war und dabei auch die organisatorischen Bedingungen der zu besetzenden Stelle. Anschließend wurde mir die Gelegenheit gegeben zu meinem Werdegang zu sprechen. Hierbei wurden mir dann auch ein paar Fragen gestellt und ich stellte im weiteren Verlauf mehrere Fragen.

Filialleiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eschweiler (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Eschweiler (Germany)).

Interview

Ich wurde mit Verspätung in ein dunkles Büro gesetzt. Das Gespräch war kurz und informativ. Da ich branchenfremd war, bot man mir an, als Verkäuferin zu starten, dann könne man mal weitersehen.

Interview Questions

• Wie ich zu Lidl gekommen bin   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Assessment day + one on one interview. Involved a short one on one interview, then mingling with management with the chance to ask questions about the scheme/company etc. If you get to the next stage, there is a maths test and a further interview, usually with two members of management.

Graduate Logistics/Operations/Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lidl (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter, had a telephone screening the next week and was invited to a group interview about a month later. The group interview had 4 parts - presentation by Lidl, group exercise, maths test and an individual interview. I heard the following week that I had been successful and was invited to the final interview shortly afterwards. Final interview consisted of an individual interview, a presentation to them and an accuracy test.

Interview Questions

• Why lidl? Why this role? What makes us different to the big 4? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Food Promotions Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wimbledon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lidl (Wimbledon, England (UK)).

Interview

I was invited to a 2-stage interview process. The first round was a group interview with 2 other interviewees. After introducing ourselves and learning more about the role from interviewers we were asked to do a test (numeracy, attention to detail and Lidl questions), while the first person went straight to the personal interview. When it is your turn to be interviewed, you leave your test and return to it after the ca. 20 minute long interview. Questions included: Why Lidl, why food industry, suitability for the role, strength & weakness The second interview was with the Senior Promotions Manager and questions were pretty much the same.

Interview Questions

• Why Lidl, why food industry, suitability for the role, strength & weakness   Answer Question

Store Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redditch, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lidl (Redditch, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Only got asked two questions, the interview lasted 10 minutes, as did the one before mine. I was only asked what I had done previously to applying for the role, and what I knew about Lidl. After that the manager started complaining to me about the store's longer opening hours. He didn't have a copy of my CV or any of my contact details, I had to write these down for him. Also I get the feeling there were meant to be two people interviewing me, he said his boss (perhaps the area manager) was running late.

Interview Questions

• What did you do previous to this role?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Lidl?   1 Answer

Duales Studium Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lidl.

Interview

Nach Einsendung meiner Bewerbungsunterlagen erfolgte ein telefonisches Vorgespräch, indem man wissen wollte wo genau ich arbeiten könnte. Hier war man sehr bemüht und freundlich. Nach dem Online AC erhielt ich leider nur noch eine Absage.