Lids

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Dulles, VA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Lids in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online quite a few times, first few applications got rejected, took awhile to get an interview, was asked a few questions and wasn't extended an offer or even another interview.

Interview Question – Why Lids?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't too lengthy and asked questions that actually pertained to that position. It was a very efficient interview asked some personal questions but didn't go overboard. There was a two interview process first with the current store manager and then the District Manager

Interview Question – Tell me one thing about yourself that others may not know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were tough I couldn't get my salary I desired but it was still fair

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Part-Time Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – The interview process was average. There were a total of 3 interviews. I advanced to the 2nd interview, but was never called to schedule another one. I waited for a call back, but it didn't happen only up until I had accepted a job somewhere else. Not professional! I still love the company.

Lakeland, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Lids in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call later in the week. The Manager was very informal and only focus was scheduling the interview. Once a day and time was set I met him at the store. We proceeded to the food court to hold our interview. At first it was just us, but as the interview went on more people sat around us. This made me uncomfortable and distracted by the people around us. The interview ran long as we had a good amount of personal things in common and we got off topic a few times.

Interview Question – How do you do with coaching employees? We are going through some process changes and there has been push-back.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lids in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out and application on Lids.com/careers. Initially you have an interview with a manger. As long as that goes well you'll have a second interview and then one with the DSM. For this company they are looking for fun and energetic people who can give the best customer service out there.

Interview Question – The questions asked are geared more so on what you are capable of. "Can you multitask with customers?"
This company likes to promote from with in, so questions about your future. "Where do you see yourself in five years? Where in the company would you like to be?" Relocating is also big for them, even within your current state, or leaving the state.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my pay. The company wanted to pay me substantially less then what I was making at my previous employer. After sitting down and discussing exactly what I did at my previous job, and about where I ended up being in that company, we were able to come up with a compromise.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – I was recruited through a online job site. I received an email to schedule an interview. I had a face to face interview with the current manager. I then had a second interview with the District Manager over the phone. I was offered the job after the interview. Overall it was pretty laidback interview process.

Interview Question – Questions about my past work experiences and resume. Questions how I would handle situations that would occur on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lids in September 2013.

Interview Details – pretty easy, behavior questions mostly.

Interview Question – none, interview questions are those "tell me about a time" questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wa s no negotiation, whatever they say goes. not competitive AT ALL!

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – I applied online like over 2 months ago. Was called in to do an interview with the DM. The interview was quick he asked the normal questions. He offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you gave outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate the pay he would not budge, so I just gave up.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – Interviewing for this postion was with the store manager first, then with the district manager. I heard back a few days after the second interview

Interview Question – Asking about hats. As a female i dont have a favortie hat story.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple very little noegotiation took place. They offered a fair wage

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Lids in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted months after I applied to Lids by the Store Manager. I was suppose to meet with them the next day and they rescheduled to the following week. Then when the new day came I am sitting at our meeting location and they calls 10 minutes before our meeting and says can they call me later because she was our of the city and is on her way back so then hours later calls and says she is in the area lets meet in 15 minutes. We met and barely talked about my position at the store she heard about where I worked and immediately called her DM to meet me the next day. I met with him and we talked about my experience and my favorite sports team. Then he said that they will call my references and call me later. They continuously called me telling me I was hired and just waiting on my background check. That took 3 weeks to do and then I started there as ASM.

Interview Question – Not a hard interview at all. Very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, I was offered what I asked but got hired on at less when I did paperwork. Dont accept anything less that what you ask for.

Worked for Lids? Contribute to the Community!