Lids

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – I was recruited through a online job site. I received an email to schedule an interview. I had a face to face interview with the current manager. I then had a second interview with the District Manager over the phone. I was offered the job after the interview. Overall it was pretty laidback interview process.

Interview Question – Questions about my past work experiences and resume. Questions how I would handle situations that would occur on the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Lids in September 2013.

Interview Details – pretty easy, behavior questions mostly.

Interview Question – none, interview questions are those "tell me about a time" questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wa s no negotiation, whatever they say goes. not competitive AT ALL!

Paramus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – I applied online like over 2 months ago. Was called in to do an interview with the DM. The interview was quick he asked the normal questions. He offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you gave outstanding customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate the pay he would not budge, so I just gave up.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – Interviewing for this postion was with the store manager first, then with the district manager. I heard back a few days after the second interview

Interview Question – Asking about hats. As a female i dont have a favortie hat story.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple very little noegotiation took place. They offered a fair wage

Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Lids in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted months after I applied to Lids by the Store Manager. I was suppose to meet with them the next day and they rescheduled to the following week. Then when the new day came I am sitting at our meeting location and they calls 10 minutes before our meeting and says can they call me later because she was our of the city and is on her way back so then hours later calls and says she is in the area lets meet in 15 minutes. We met and barely talked about my position at the store she heard about where I worked and immediately called her DM to meet me the next day. I met with him and we talked about my experience and my favorite sports team. Then he said that they will call my references and call me later. They continuously called me telling me I was hired and just waiting on my background check. That took 3 weeks to do and then I started there as ASM.

Interview Question – Not a hard interview at all. Very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, I was offered what I asked but got hired on at less when I did paperwork. Dont accept anything less that what you ask for.

Interviewed at Lids

Interview Details – Submitted my resume in person, was called for an interview a couple weeks later. I came to the interview in the food court of the mall and was hired as a seasonal employee. I worked there for about 1 1/2 months before all of the seasonals (4) got let go.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids in August 2011.

Interview Details – Mostly sales related questions, what you would do in certain sales situations, how you interact with customers, and the basics about yourself.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses as an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Lids in May 2009.

Interview Details – Pretty general interview process. Questions such as work history, why you want to work for Lids, strengths, weakenesses, hours willing to work.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Columbia, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initially, I was contacted by a local store manager. He invited me to come speak with him about an assistant store manager position. After a brief interview with him, I was asked to come back to a job fair the next week. I interviewed with a District Manager in training. The interview was brief, mainly focusing on customer service skills and sports knowledge. He passed my resume on to his District Manager. I met with her about a week later and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – In some cases you're able to negotiate salary, but they will put up a tough fight and they won't budge much.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and I got a email on Tuesday to come in the next day literally less than 24 hour notice. The emails was like interviewing tomarrow at this mall between 10-4 basically if you behind need a job you will drop everything!!!! I was reluctant but went to the interview and found it was more like a mini job fair. I was handed a application and waited for the next availible interviewer. It was like 5 people do them. I lucked up and got the table( in the food court) with two men and they began to ask questions in a tag team manner. I answered one question and before I could blink the other guy asked one. They gave me the whole we will be in contact but after this I was not interested because they seemed like too much stress for a hat store. I never heard of the company and decided to wing it and only learned about the company for 5 minutes on my i-phone. They dont offer over 30,000.00 so this would not have worked for me I would have declined!!!!

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lids

Worked for Lids? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lids interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by Lids employees and interview candidates.