Lids

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Lids.

Interview Details – Interview wasn't too lengthy and asked questions that actually pertained to that position. It was a very efficient interview asked some personal questions but didn't go overboard. There was a two interview process first with the current store manager and then the District Manager

Interview Question – Tell me one thing about yourself that others may not know   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiations were tough I couldn't get my salary I desired but it was still fair

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Lids in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fill out and application on Lids.com/careers. Initially you have an interview with a manger. As long as that goes well you'll have a second interview and then one with the DSM. For this company they are looking for fun and energetic people who can give the best customer service out there.

Interview Question – The questions asked are geared more so on what you are capable of. "Can you multitask with customers?"
This company likes to promote from with in, so questions about your future. "Where do you see yourself in five years? Where in the company would you like to be?" Relocating is also big for them, even within your current state, or leaving the state.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my pay. The company wanted to pay me substantially less then what I was making at my previous employer. After sitting down and discussing exactly what I did at my previous job, and about where I ended up being in that company, we were able to come up with a compromise.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Lids in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and I got a email on Tuesday to come in the next day literally less than 24 hour notice. The emails was like interviewing tomarrow at this mall between 10-4 basically if you behind need a job you will drop everything!!!! I was reluctant but went to the interview and found it was more like a mini job fair. I was handed a application and waited for the next availible interviewer. It was like 5 people do them. I lucked up and got the table( in the food court) with two men and they began to ask questions in a tag team manner. I answered one question and before I could blink the other guy asked one. They gave me the whole we will be in contact but after this I was not interested because they seemed like too much stress for a hat store. I never heard of the company and decided to wing it and only learned about the company for 5 minutes on my i-phone. They dont offer over 30,000.00 so this would not have worked for me I would have declined!!!!

Interview Questions

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Lids in July 2013.

Interview Details – The most unprofessional interview I have had! Inappropriate behavior, questions, demeaning tactics rude and abrasive. This was with a new Chicago Dm.In late July. It started with a 8:45 pm call that asked, can you interview the following day, if you can"t make it oh well its retail and if I fill the positions too bad, The interview was in an extremely large mall so I asked what entrance is the store near to which he replied that's up to you to find out.
 I did go the following day, how can any one be this unprofessional? It must have been one of those days. I went to the interview.. YES he really is extraordinarily unprofessional arrogant and rude He shows no respect and possesses no interviewing skills.

Interview Question – One of the things he said I have only been a store manager for 18 months and now I am a DM you were a store manager for x amount of years and have not advanced.   View Answer

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lids in June 2013.

Interview Details – Really this interview was very basic and easy to land... Although it was conducted in a food court it was really quite professional.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

North Little Rock, AR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lids in May 2008.

Interview Details – I went though a three stage process, interviewing twice with the District Manager and once with the Regional Manager. They ask a lot of the standard questions including: work history, personal views on theft, I remember that pay was a sticking point. We went back and forth on three different phone calls. They will try to low ball you every time.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't accept the first offer. Also prepare to work longer than they say. They say 45 hours, I found myself working 50+ because of the theft.

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Lids in January 2011.

Interview Details – Company placed an ad on craigslist, I replied with my resume and contact information. They contacted me to schedule an interview, I submitted a background check and was hired shortly after.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a disgruntled customer, and how did you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Worked for Lids? Contribute to the Community!